California State University-Bakersfield Top Questions

The school isn't the fanciest or the best but it does give you the best bang for your buck. I believe that the ease of not having to worry about finances gives you less stress. You really get what you give. I would say that CSUB also varies between majors. Some majors have much more funding than others and are more active. Others aren't as great a program as you'd get elsewhere. I know that a popular major is nursing and the surrounding fields. Sports are fairly big and the Rec center is the greatest thing since slice bread! The equipment may not be as up-to-date in your program as you'd expect and parking is awful. Sometimes the teachers are bad too and sometimes the teachers are great. (Go to ratemyprofessor.com to learn about which classes are easy and what to expect in the class). Good or bad, the school wants you to succeed and they help when you reach out so use your resources! You are paying for them after all. Finally, this school also treats you like an actual college student and doesn't baby you. Which I truly appreciate.