California State University-Bakersfield Top Questions

Stephany

I felt like I was ready and prepared to attend this University since I did a lot of research before accepting to attend Cal State Bakersfield.

I wish that I would have known that there was no need to be intimidated. Being anxious about what it would be like was one of my worries. Although, after experiencing college I know that there is nothing to be worried about.

I wish that California State University, Bakersfield was the only one four-year school that I have chosen because they have the business program there to pursue a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Before I came to Bakersfield, I have been doing some research online about their services, resources, financial aid, and degree programs that pursue my special interest in completing my education and beyond. Since I came to this college, I have spoke to advisors from the university, and they offered positive feedback on the application process along with special circumstances with my learning disability program.

Asia

How small it was, how rude the acts, and how everyone provides a mean look at each other.

Nothing in particular. This was my first choice of schooling.

I would have liked to have known about the universities lack of support for the student body. The professors and administration often make educational decisions based solely on ho it will affect their personal reputation.

I wished that I should have token a tour of the school a little more so I wouldn?t get lost the first day of school, and also that I never expected the people to be so kind and helpful.

How difficult the financial aid office is to work withl

One bit of knowlegde I wish I had before my first day at CSUB is just how expensive school would eventually become. Because of the current budget crisis in California, my tuition has increased by 20{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. If I would have known before-hand, the financial obstacles I now face in achieving my graduation, I would have loaded up my schedule every quarter and taken summer classes in order to take advantage of the lower rate. However, I have learned an important life lesson in this experience, and that is to always prepare for the worst.

Tamara

I wish I had known it's hard to finish in four years. It would have been more beneficial to me if I had a guidance counsellor to map out my classes, and help me figure out exactly what I needed and what I would be interested in.

Nothing. I felt pretty well prepared going to this school.

Jackie

I wish I knew my other options for playing sports at other universities. This was the only school that actively recruited me, so I felt it was my only option.

More information on what majors were offered.

That there was no on campus life. I would have preferred a more spirited school.