California State University-Channel Islands Top Questions

The most frustrating thing about the school is how difficult it is to get proper information. Students definitely feel as if they get the "run-around" whenever they try to find out any information about housing, financial aid, etc. Another frustrating bit of information is that it is so focused on getting minority students to attend that it forgets about trying to recruit students that are not minorities. The school often benefits women and forgets about men. It focuses on helping minorities out at the expense of others. They should be trying to help everyone.

BreeAnne

I wish the school had a larger music department because I am double majoring with teaching and music, and I would like there to be more music classes. I also wish we did not have to deal with budget cuts because there are many classes I would like to take that sometimes cannot be offered due to budget cuts.

Angelica

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is in the middle of no where. To get out to the city it takes about 15 minutes. Since I cannot afford a car I feel like I am stuck in an island.

Camille

I really enjoy my school, so I don't really have anything bad to say about it. The only thing that I find frustrating (though I would find this at most other colleges, besides private colleges) is furlough days: days which teachers are forced to take off so that their pay can be decreased. I love my school and learning so much that I want every possible day to go to class and get what I can from my professor and my classmates.

SOmetimes it can be boring because it is a small school. Not a lot of class selection right now because of budget cuts.

Nigel

The most frustrating thing about school is losing your ability to manage school work and social activities. If you are not careful you can fall back onto the backburners. The only way out is too work hard even through those painful long nights.

James

It is new, so there are some things the university don't have down yet, and also because it is new there are not a lot of students currently attending

Cassondra

I think the most frustrating thing is meeting people. It would be great to have some school events that really push everyone to meet new people and get away from there home town. A lot of people are from the area and wont meet new people.

Aena

A great disparity in difficulty levels of science courses depending on who is the instructor that semester. Conflicting class timings resulting in delays in graduation. There is no organised club who do any kind of social work.

Katie

Its hard to get the classes you need to graduated if you want to graduate in 4yrs or less, that is, once you're in your upper division classes. ex) business.

mark

parking

Jenna

CSUCI as of right now is extremely small. During the weekends, there is hardly any residents that stay on campus.