Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Grissel

My advice to myself would be composing a time management with a to-do list. Another advice would be take home made lunch to school instead of purchasing items from the school, it saves alot of money, since I travel from home to school and back each day. Also, do reasearch on courses that I will be able to perform successfully, instead of choosing a course that would be to difficult to accomplish in a semester. One last advice, put 2 hours of study for each unit, it is really helpful.

It's small, convinient, and no traffic between classes.

The most frustrating thing about my school is when books are not available.

What is unique about my school is that it is so small. I love the size and would hate it if I had to drive to my classes while living on campus like other larger school students have to. I believe that it is not the size of the school that matters but the education you endure while your there. I also love that it is a majority black school because it gives me a chance to get in touch with a side of myself, being African American, to explore a world I never had a chance to.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college, the advice I would give would be, to stay focused and on the right track. Personally, so far, my college experience has been more than I could have hoped for. It has given me a chance to be on my own and live for myself. I would tell myself that partying is not why I came to college and an education will be the cause of my future success. Dont let anybody hold you back and dream big. College is a time for prospective students to find who they are and you cant do that with other people shouting in your ear telling you who to be. You have to know what you want and go for it dont let the little distractions hold you back and have fun. Study hard and experience things you never imagined you could or would do.

Before I attended college I wish I would have known that it is not as scary as its cracked out to be. I realized that as long as you attend class, pay attention, and do above and beyond the work expected of you then it is a breeze.

Josephine

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships than what I did and to pick the university I wanted to attend. I didn't apply to alot of scholarships because I only applied to the ones my counselor gave me, I never serach for scholarship in the internet as I do now because I wasn't aware of it. More funds would have helped me out alot because getting an education is not cheap and when I can not afford it I have to work two jobs to pay titution and books, and we are not even talkingf about living expenses. The second thing I could have done was attended the University of San Diego, but I didn't because I allowed my parents influence me to stay near home. I ended up attending the California State University Dominguez Hills because it's close to home but I regret my decision. I think I would've been better off being away from home so in that way my family issues wouldn't have affected my education. Scholarships and attending my first choice university would be the two things I would change.

The worst thing about CSUDH is that the financial aid office the staff doesn't really try to help out students when they have questions. They generally always respone with "we are doing everything we can right now" and "you have to check with us later". In order to get a question answered you really have to be on them like a everyday thing inorder to get an answer.

Panchitta

My university strives to encourage students with the abilities needed to be successful life.

The advice I would give myself is to do as much research as possible on different colleges in order to find out what is available to me as an individual. Also I would advise myself to speak with an advisor at my high school and request information on how to fund college as far as scholorships and grants for all aspects of life. Through research, there is so much you can be qualified for as a minoroty, and as a female. I would advise myself to inquire about life on campus such as housing and student groups.

I think the best thing about my university is that there is always someone there to assist you with your needs. The university staff has people in place that may have experienced the same situation you have and can lead you in the right direction in order to reach your goals.

Jackie

Dominguez Hills demonstates a diverse campus setting. There are lots of student parking lots around the school. I have not seen that convienence in other schools.

The advice I would give myself is to never stop learning. I would tell myself that no matter what obstacles come to keep pushing through them. You really can do anything you put your mind to.

Anyone looking to further their edcuation.

Krystle

most of my classmates are studious and focused.

most of my classmates are studious and focused.

This is the most diverse school West of the Mississippi River.

I would tell myself that as much as i may think college is like high school, its not. especially living in the dorms, you feel like you have all the time in the world to do your work but you dont.

Erica

College is one of the most important steps in your life. It will be the best time to do the most networking and that networking can even help you land your dream job. Always remember that during your path in College, you will find people who will take you as their competition. But It is important for you to know that competition is not even worth your time. You must go out there with your head up and work hard to get the grades that you want. Do this not just for yourself, but to also make your family proud of you. It is also important for you to be a part of different clubs, organizations and events. In these social groups, you will find not just other students, but a big family who will guide and help you become comfortable in College. You will learn the importance of helping others, you will network with speakers from the workforce and you will also meet students from different campuses. Set goals for yourself, go out there with your head up high and give it your all. You will be thankful you did when you land your dream job.

Darlene

The advise I would give myself would be to become a leader and not a follower. Don?t let not having a car or money to be the only excuse not to further your education. Don?t just go to college for one semester and give up. You haven?t even given it a chance to settle into your system. Don?t let boys come first before your education. Their will be enough time to date and one day get married. Don?t get married at 21 or even think of having a baby. Try to have a baby once you have graduated with a degree. Trust me it isn't easy to study while having to attend to a baby. You will not regret it, trust me. As for me I have my daughter, husband, and God who has given me the motivation that I need to succeed. I can now transfer to CSUDH this summer and I?m proud. Not too many people can say that they've gotten this far going part time. Remember to live life to the fullest and to be happy with what you have accomplished. Don't look back with any regrets.

Claudia

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to start learning time management techniques because it would be very helpful. Also, to read more and to not waste time doing frivolous things.

All the work that is accumulated between all the classes and the projects.

Finding parking the first couple of weeks of school

D'andre

The classmates I have encountered so far since I have been at school are all interesting. Most of them are friendly and they all have unique personalitys. We get to learn a lot about eachother everyday. They also have became friends outside of the classroom. They all have there own way of dealing with a certain situations. Some on them worry about there education more then the others. There are ones that actually study and then there ones that study way more then others. I have came in contact with classmates with different backgrounds and from different cultures also.

If I had the opportunity to go back into time and talk to myself I would give myself alot of advice that would be good to know. I would tell myself everything I wish I would have known when i was making the transition from a high school student to a college one. The first peice i would give myself is to be ready to do everything for yourself because your an adult and have to take care of business for yourself. Then you also have to get ready to have the freedom to go to class if you want to because you can easily get lazy and not go and start missing them. There also dealing with homework and studying. I would say get ready to study more and since I never studied that this would be the time to start though. Also to do get used to doing you homework because you do not have anyone on you reminding you to do it. I would also give myself advice about thing finacially. I would talk about learning how to spend money more wisely. That means spending it on things that you really need first before anything else.

The school that I attend has a lot of positive characteristics about it. The one I consider to be the best would have to be the class sizes. The small class size becomes an advantage at times because it allows you to gain a closer reationship with you professors. This always you to get more one on one time with you proffesor so you can get all the help you need. It also allows you to ask questions during the class period. Then you can also get to know you fellow classmates and get help and study with them.

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.