Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Denise

Definately get to know your professors right away, introduce yourself within the first week of classes so that they can remember you. Professors tend to be on your side and rooting for you when they know you personally.

someone who is big on socializing because there isnt much going on here. ASI is trying to get more people involved

Nychol

With people from all walks of life, with celebrated cultural backgrounds and personal beliefs, California State University Dominguez Hills eludes diversity, dedicated to the support of our youth and their social tolerance, educational empowerment and long-term success.

I will admit that in high school, I didn't take college as serious as I should have. I did not apply for scholarships or do any real research about how to adapt and be successful. While I have been fortunate enough to find success in my educational and career paths, taking advantage of the wonderful opportunity to experience college and furthering my education is something that I have regretted and done my best to make up for. Dear High School Senior Nychol...take full advantage of this opportunity. Something that so many are unfortunately unable to experience. Prepare for you exams (i.e. SAT/ACT) and have someone you trust review your college applications. Apply for scholarships. Join campus clubs and organizations. Live completely, but remember to always be safe and responsible. Establish long-lasting relationships with your colleagues and mentors (i.e. professors). And lastly, always remain humble and grateful that you have been blessed to be accepted into an educational organization that will assist you in obtaining long-term success pertaining to your career of choice. You already have the drive instilled in you. Now it is time to get serious and organized. Si se puede!

CSUDH is extremely diverse. There are students of all ethnicities and cultural backgrounds, including students studying abroad in the U.S. The campus exudes diversity with so many different opportunities and organizations/clubs to participate in. CSUDH gives you all the support you need whether it be a library and computer lab. Not to mention the staff and instructors who are kind and supportive and eager to assist students wherever they can. I would further my education at CSUDH again as it was a wonderful learning experience and I have gained some long-lasting friendships with colleagues and instructors.

Adjoa

We are a smaller csu so we its easier to get the classes we want than other csus or ucs

I would say to high school self would be more out going and not to think people are going come up to you. I would also say that I should of joined more activties and going to the career center a lot more

It harder to make friends since there isnt that many freshman activities

My classmates have a high interest in our subject matter and are very articulate, but most are young and still just trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives and so while they do try to do their best in class, we can sometimes be a little lazy about our work.

Speaking for the history's educationi department, I can tell you that this program will definitly help you not only learn what you need to learn to become a great teacher, but they will go above and beyond to help you gain the skills and access you need to get a good job.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would have many things to say. First, I would tell myself that high school pressures you into going to “the best” colleges. But, those colleges may not be the best for you. It’s ok to go to community college first and then move onto a 4 year school. It actually is better because you save a lot of money. Another thing I would tell myself is that it is normal to not know what you want to do in life. A lot of people don’t know yet, so do not feel pressured to go into a field if you aren’t sure about it. Lastly, I would make sure that my high school self knew that whatever she does it will be OK. Nowhere does it say that anyone has to be perfect; a person just has to do what is best for them.

The worst thing about CSUDH is that there is not much school spirit because it is a "commuter school."

I don't have anything that frustrates me at CSUDH.

Chantal

The diversity of the school and the way the professors interacted with the students.

I would give myself the advice to stay focus on my goals and to speak with as many different adults in different occupations as possible. I would advise myself to take an internship and to remember to take breaks for the sake of maintaing sanity.

To take as many Advanced Placement classes as possible.

Chris

Dominguez Hills is a wonderful campus, located in Carson, CA, and minutes away from long beach. After attending my first year of college, I found out Dominguez Hills has an fantastic Education program that push students to become a teacher if there majored in Education. Any students planing to become a teacher, CSUDH is the school to be. Majority of CSUDH professors have PHD's and are willing to push their student to the direction they need to go to graduate. This is not a popular school, which means less students and more one on one tutoring with your professor.

I need to get my grades up. College is going to be 10x and im going to be assign more homework.

People will make you feel welcomed; it is an overwhelmingly friendly environment.

Apply for scholarships, look around, find the websites. No one is going to provide you with free money if you just wait around and see what happens. Not everyone qualifies for financial aid, so it is up to you to help your parents' out. Don't leave your expenses to them. Take that load off their shoulders, think about your brothers and how they need stuff as well. College is very important as well as expensive; you have to go in order to achieve what you want to become in the near future.

Alejandra

It is a great school. What I like about my school the most is the diversity is has. Students are able to meet students from all over the world that come to my school. My school is just right, it is not large or small. The school provides students with information regarding other schools in case they want to transfer or continue with graduate school. There is a lot of school pride, there are always people wearing something that represents our school. One thing that really like about my school is Welcome week, because it allows new students to feel welcome, not alone. They get to know some of the things that goes on in school. Most importantly, they get to meet new people.

I can say that professors do know your name, and that is really important. The professors are not mean at all, they are there to help you. They do not care if you have a simple question, they will answer it. There are some professors that teach old school while others incorporate technology. This school is the best, I do not have any complain at all. I am very proud to say that this school has help me improved, my first year in this school, in all my classes I got straight A's for the first time of my school life.

Some of the common stereotypes of students at my school are athletes,fraternity students and the regular students that just go to school to continue with their education.

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.