Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Courtney

If I could go back in time and tell my high school self about college I would say enjoy high school while you have the time. You should take the time to fill out a lot of scholarship forms. I would say that scholarships should be taken seriously because going to school for early childhood education and also elementary education is expensive and I don’t have the money to pay for it on my own. That way I can focus more on schooling then dealing with the stress of loans. You need to have a schedule so that you make time to do homework because you won't have teachers forcing you to do the work. I would say that the future is bright as long as you stay on track and don't lose sight of your goals. I would assure myself that college was the right decision and I get to help be a positive influence for my little sister. To end the conversation with myself I would say don't worry one day you will be doing what you love and that your children will be proud.

Patricia

My school is a school that cares and encourages students' success in reaching their aspirations, goals, and dreams with full campus support given to students in order to to reach their academic goals.

My school is known for providing excellence in academic programs and faculty along with enhancing diverity and cultural differences.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior is to prepare mentally to attend college with the understanding that it will involve use of time management and adjusting to the demands. College requirements and demands will need to fit in with my personal, family, and social life, but be prepared to make college studies priority in order to become the best learner that I can and to graduate in good standing. I would also advise myself to come to college with an open mind , open to meeting new people of diverse and cultural backgrounds,learn from others as I learn from the courses; be teachable. Be able to build from the entire learning experience. I should go to college to allow the learning experience to shape me into a productive, knowledgeable, well-balanced individual, and be able to apply what I learn to my life : personal, social, and professional. The last advice to myself would be to make college life enjoyable and know how to balance course loads in order to still enjoy the experience. Take the total college experience, whether good or bad, and use to reflect and motivate others to attend college.

Fahamisha

My school has alot of opportunities for students for all age ranges and different situations.

I would say carpe diem seize the day, meaning seize this opportunity. When I was a high school senior I didn't realize how important a degree is. Now that I want a better career I see that a college career is very important to have a successful position in a company. Atleast the kind of position where you can have more financial freedom to do the things your family has need of and the things you enjoy doing. I would say complete all your homework and study for the SATS. Definitely look into all the scholarships that are available and by all means complete your college degree. Lastly since I am tall and atheletic I would tell myself to look into a basketball scholarship and play basketball for my school.

The eighteen year old just out of high school, the person looking to improve their academic record and the adult returning student.

Jacqueline

What I think is the best thing about this school is the fact that it is at a perfect location from my house. One thing I'd like to change about this school is maybe make it a little bit bigger. This campus is small but appropriate. When i tell people were I go to school they seem amused and say good comments. Most of the time I spend my time in the Loker Union because they have comfortable seats and most of all the lunch area. I believe that the school administration is very organized. I don't think there is a controversy on campus because everything that I have heard is good. One thing that I noticed is that school pride is there but is not that high. One experience that I will remember about this school is when I went to a university concert and it was so much fun. Some student complaints that I heard are that the parking lots are always full.

Some of the professors know my name. My favorite class at the moment would be interpersonal skills because it covers a lot of interesting topics. I study every day to be ready for each class. Class participation is common when the subject is interesting. Yes students do have intellectual conversations outside in class were they discuss certain lecture topics that were mentioned in class. Students are competitive because when it comes to debates in class they show it a lot. The most unique class I've taken is Theatre because everyone talked and we all knew about each other. I'm a Health Science Community Health option major with a biology minor. The department is pretty good because I always get contact with them easily with no trouble. I actually don't spend time with my professors outside of class. I feel that the school's academic requirements are fair. I believe that in order to get a good job of course education is important. I believe that after I obtain my bachelors the school is going to help me find a job with internships. Overall, I love CSUDH. It is the best unique school I have ever attended.

One of the stereotypes that I've heard about is that every math professor is not good. Every math professor seems to just teach but really don't explain the material enough for the class to understand. I don't believe this because I took a math class and I found it very interesting.

Maria

CSUDH is the most diverse school. The campus is a good size. The classes are reachable within the 15 min. between classes. There is a lot of parking lots throughout campus.

Since CSUDH is a commuter school, students will wear t-shirt and jeans or will wear business attire, and anything in between CSUDH is a very diverse campus

I think the major stereotype of CSUDH involves the schools safety. A lot of people think that the campus is dangerous especially at night. This stereotype is NOT true. There are many people going to and from classes in the evening and night. There are also many emergency posts throughout campus and the parking lots. Campus police also make their rounds around campus often.

taylor

My school is unique because we are very diverse and welcome peole from all backgrounds.

i would tell my self that the first thing to do is get my degree everything else will fall in line. don't make decisions based on someone else and always keep my strong will. never dim my light to help someone else shine brighter and always perservere.

the worst thing about my school is that our physical fitness center is dated but its a work in progress.

I would tell myself to be prepared to work hard. I would continuously mention the amounts of work needed to be completed in order to graduate from college. I would also stress having fun. I think having fun will make college go by fast for me. The transition from high school to college was a big jump, but I was prepared for it. Everyone in my family told me how hard college was. I didn't buy into that I just pursued my dreams.

Seidy

My school is nice, neat and people are really enthusiastic on learning

My school is nice, neat and people are really enthusiastic on learning

That people should always do their work and never procrastinate because you could get behind on many things and always do homework even though proffessors dont collect them. Always try to do your best and have a good GPA

The thing that i consider best in my school that some classes are no full and teacher take their time for people to get the material. Proffssors have their own office hours that help student to do better in school and if people are doing pretty good they could grt in the honors program.

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.