Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Michelle

What have I gotten out of my college experience? I have gotten me! As a wife of nearly seventeen years and a mother of two, you tend to lose yourself in the lives of those around you. You lose a sense of yourself and of your purpose. Going back to school has renewed "me." I am Michelle, wife, mother, substitute teacher and now student. Instead of following to the next ball game or practice or school event I now have direction for myself. I am doing something for no one other than me. Is that selfish? I don't think so . I believe that finding me inside that wife and mother is more valuable than anything and has made me better in every hat I wear. Why has it been valuable to attend college? I have found me!

Miguel

What I have experienced from this school is that there is a lot more diversity and different kinds of people outside of my hometown. Also, I value intesity that staff and students put in their effort in the classroom , because it makes you put pressure on yourself to do better than what you expect.

The best thing about my school is the staff, because they are very helpful and supportive with any problem you have with.

It is a friedly campus that is easy to get along with anyone. Also, the staff help you out a lot with any program you have in mind.

Ramon

I got a summer job at a ware house because I need money for college, and that was the only place available for work. My whole work experience in that job made me realize that the only way to rise and progress in life was through college and not stay in that job. When I attended CSU Dominguez Hills I realize that I should value my education and protect it. If I want to have a great future and provide for my family, staying in that job is not the answer; the only way out is COLLEGE. Working in that job has changed my mind about the negative thoughts for attending school and being grateful for having the chance to attend a college. Everybody should value their college experience and be grateful that they have one.

A person that is dedicated to their school work and wants to have a better futurer not only for themselfs but for their families. A person that if multicultural and wants to make new friends of different backgrounds should also attend this school.

A person that procrastinates in their school work and that is always late to class. If the student is not serious in their school work then they should not even bother attending the school.

The diversity of people, great teachers.

The diversity of people, great teachers.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have made friends that have the same aspirations as me. Being a college student gets tough sometimes, but I learned how to keep my mind focused on what I want to accomplish. My college experience has made me more independent, organized, and finiancially aware. It has made me open-minded to different cultures and beliefs that every person has. It has been valuable to attend college because of the opportunity that has been given to me, and use it to help others. Education is very valuable and it is what keeps me going. Some students don't take their education seriously and makes me unhappy that they have a great opportunity to change their life for the better and they don't take advantage of it. Going to college has changed my life by opening doors for me, and graduating from college would be the greatest accomplishment.

Tuition is too high, keep raising tuition every year and gets hard for people to pay out of pocket when they don't have a job. Classes are not available every semester for some majors (Health Science) to graduate on time.

Anna

I attend college part time, online. I work full time at the local hospital and at a particularly hard time in my life decided to return to school to complete my degree after almost ten years. Returning after such a long absence has been a great grounding influence in my life. I am able to find a balance in my life that I was previously lacking and the most valuable thing I've been able to recognize is that I am my greatest cheerleader. I have never before been able to acheive a 4.0 in all my years of schooling, but I've pushed myself to prove that I am just as capable as the teenagers I am in classes with to work and play and still turn in a well written paper.

tanesha

In my general courses, I would describe my classmates as average. And in my major courses, I would describe my classmates as diverse.

I earned a Bachelors of Science in Public Administration in 2007. Immediately after graduation, I had a change of heart and career and decided that social work is the destined profession for me. I will apply for my Masters of Social Work at the University of Southern California in July 2011 and I am currently taking classes at Eastfield College in Mesquite, Texas to prepare myself for the gradute studies. My ultimate career goal is to become a high school social worker and guidance counselor. My current college experience has been GREAT. I LOVE learning about the many social work roles and how each role is applied in various settings. Because I have the desire to learn about and work in the social field, I enjoy the readings and the work assignments. The value of this college experience is priceless as it is preparing me for both graduate school and becoming the best licensed social worker I can be.

The worst thing I recall about Dominguez was the parking. I had to pay so much for a parking pass, yet I always had to park miles away from classes. I think the campus should have a parking structure rather than different parking lots.

Courtney

My first degree taught me so much about communication, the importance of good communication and how to use those skills in everyday life. My college experience has helped me in my personal and professional life. I established long lasting relationships with people during my time in college that have helped me after I graduated. I was able to network in college which has help me professionally. My college education has helped me communication with my friends, family and co-workers more effectively. My first college experience will be very helpfully when I go back to school next fall to earn a certificate in radiology. I already have the communication skills to make it in the professional world. All I need now is a certificate in radiology to start a life long career. A degree in radiology will allow me to find a job anywhere, as well as have some job security.

Gerardo

My school has a small campus, which is very convinient when trying to find a classroom. Additionally, a small campus allows people to grow closer together in a community. Also, the teachers and students can have a better one-on-one relationship since the schoool is small.

I have gotten to know what it feels like to not have people telling me what to do. In other words, I have learned to be more independent. Now that I am in college, I can not rely on nobody but myself to remind me to do things such as add classes or apply for financial aid. In addition, I have gotten the chance to form my own small networks with a new group of people.

The most frustrating thing in my school would be paying for parking and waiting to receive financial aid.

Sherr

My viewpoint concerning learning in Christian college has grown to acknowledge much more significance in the last few years. God is not just there on Sundays. I have always believed that He wants to be an integral part of every aspect of our lives : business, school, and family. In the last years it seems even more urgent that we acknowledge God in everything we do as the government and others try to extricate God from our schools, our public facilities, and our lives. Christian education not only helps students develop an understanding of theories and the basic premises but integrates values and morals into their application. Understanding what has worked in the past can help further their chances of success in the future. Some theories are applicable to current situations today and understanding those theories puts them one step ahead of accessing the problem. Open classroom discussion can further enhance our Christian education of those problems and look for possible solutions.

Inability of counselors to focus student body

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.