Carson, CA
California State University-Dominguez Hills

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Dominguez Hills

Staci

A campus full of diversity and wonderful opportunities.

A campus full of diversity and wonderful opportunities.

Out of my college experience I've gotten independence and discipline. The indenpence comes from my parent not being there with you all the time to make sure you do this and don"t do that and making my own decisions. The discipline comes from myself and the idea of being treated like an adult. Now it's up to me to make sure I arrive to class on time, complete taks without procrastination, and being able to ask for help. Being Treated as adult just reinsures that you will no longer have teachers breathing down your back about compeleting assignments and turning in homework, its all up to me. Its been valuable to attend college, becasue now just having a high school diploma or a bachelors degree just does not cut it anymore. A higher education will help me accomplish all the goals I set for myself now and in the future.

The work study program, becasue it's like a real job and it also supplies students with another way of making money for school related needs.

My college experience so far has made me realize I am a worthwhile person. I came out of high school with a lot of self-esteem issues, but college has increased my confidence and made me like myself for who I am overall. It's given me a feeling of empowerment, the knowledge that I can do anything I set my mind to, and that if I fail, at least I tried my best, and that's all anyone can ask for. Because of this, this last month I've been doing a thirty-day workout program, rehearsing for a play, and participating in National Novel Writing Month, all while juggling school, homework, and a part-time job. I definitely couldn't have done all that before college.

Jammie

I have learned responsibility, perserverance and committment during my college experience and this continues to drive me to achieve more academically.

I think the worst thing about my school is that the main campus is located so far away from my location.

Anybody that is committed to continuing their education should attend this school.

Briana

Through my first year at college I gained new friendships with people who in high school I may not have talked to. I also gained more knowledge of the different cultures and people that live around me everyday. I feel it has been valuable for me to attend college because I gained more knowledge in my life and also some more common sense that I didn't already possess. I learned even better that the color of ones skin doesn't necessarily label them right off the bat and that it's better to get to know the people outside of their skin color.

Cal State Dominguez Hills has a lot of diversity among its students. They also have a very active campus life, hosting events such as welcome week and homecoming where they provide games, booths with information, airbrush tattoos, and other fun activities. They have a very good selection of on campus food places, good selection of classes, and also a good amount of computer labs on campus.

You shouldn't attend Dominguez Hills if you afraid of diversity. Also if you are not willing to work hard in classes, I wouldn't suggest California Sate University Dominguez Hills because many of the teachers strive for student excellence but will not baby you to get it.

sara

My college experience really taught me the most about myself, more than anything. I am so grateful for the teachers that I have had the benefit of working with because they have allowed me step outside myself and see the world on a greater scale. I was planning not to attend graduate school until one of my professors that I volunteered with encouraged me to do so. He advised me not to sell myself short and to maximize my potential. So yes, maybe the classes were overcrowded and some of the teachers were less dedicated than others, but the support from those teachers that did care has been life-changing. After a year-long break from school, I will be starting a doctorate program Fall 2010. I never even thought I would be accepted into such an advanced program, but my professors had faith in me, and now I have faith in myself as well.

Classes can be overcrowded, and people in the general ed courses act like they do not value their education. The upper level courses are much better.

Ruth

Cal State Dominguez Hills has a clean campus and a friendly environment, with down to earth people who are ready to welcome you and guide you through your university experience, along with a team of teachers that come in different personalities for each class enjoyment.

Through my college experience, I have learned that everything I do can affect what happens to me in the future. It has been a challenge and it has been fun to actually go from high school, and to a university. It?s a lot more responsibility since no one is there to stop me from not doing my work, but in the end it will reflect in my grade. I could have done things half way and given up, or gone all the way. It?s all about myself motivation to continue and get myself to school, and find my own path to graduation. This is the path I am taking to my future and it?s important that I be present for that. No one else is going to attend classes for me, or learn for me. I cannot say in a few or any words how much I felt that I had to grow up in just one year of university, and now I am preparing to approach the next year. It is a challenge, but I will make it one way or the other, all I need to do is keep the hope alive.

If I had to consider something to be the worst thing in school, I would have to say that it's the distance from home and having to pay for all that gas, plus parking but I guess I really don't have a complaint about the school though.

Kiele

Some of my classmates are determined and movitivated students, that work hard and help not only me but other students as well to help understand the material in our classes

If I had the opportunity to go back into time and tell myself what I know about college I would say to talk to a counselor before signing up for any classes so that I know I would be taking the right ones for general education and to transfer to a four year. I would tell myself to know what I to major in to help find the right four year colleges that offer outstanding programs and that have the highest recruiting rates after graduation. If I am not sure what I want to major in to sign up for a college studies class to help know what I want to major in. If experiencing any trouble with any of the subjects I am studying to seek help from a teacher or get a tutor. If you are very close to failing a class talk to a counselor about your options about withdrawing or dropping the class and retake the class at another time.

The only thing that I would consider that is the worst thing about my school is that they do not offer as many programs like other schools do such as a deaf interpretor programs, getting certified to be a deaf interpretor

DeMar

friendly and eager to learn and excel in life.

friendly and eager to learn and excel in life.

stay focused and take your future seriously because if you dont nobody else will

a person that want to grow as an individual and experience life at the same time

Kaitlyn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior ,the advice I would give myself is to listen to my parents! I was at that age where my parents advice pertaining to my friends and then boyfriend, was the type of advice that I did not want to listen to. They were able to see what type of people they were and did not want me around them. I was very defiant and thought I knew who my friends were and of course in the end I learned the hard way. The people I once called my best friends I hardly keep in contact , and my ex boyfriend turned into a loser who is currently going nowhere in life. To this day, my parents still insist that it is important to surround myself with successful people, because I then will have the drive and perserverance to become a successful person. By going through this ordeal, it was easier to get out of the small town that I grew up in and become accepted into a school outside my comfort zone. By doing this, hopefully I will walk away with a life long friend!

I wish I would have taken classes that were transferable from my junior college to CSUDH. This would have saved me time and money. Classes at a Junior college are inexpensive compared to the uprising costs at a university. By taking more classes at a Junior college, I am able to transfer more credits over and be able to graduate as planned if not sooner.

The kind of person who enjoys a small campus and has the ability to interact with classmates and their teachers on a more personal level. One will be able to enjoy a clean and safe campus and be able to join the many different clubs that CSUDH offers. The campus is most known for their athletic department and the soccer team has captured the NCAA D-II National Championship. Even better, the Galaxy soccer team has their stadium right next door to the campus!! CSUDH is a great start to a lifetime of success!

California State University-Dominguez Hills administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.