California State University-East Bay Top Questions

Alejandra

I wish someone would have told me what I actually needed to bring because in reality I brought most of my wardrobe and only used about half, mostly sweaters and leggings. Since I am from Southern California, I did not expect the weather to be too different ,but sadly it was. Now I know that I have to take more light sweaters and less heavy boots.

I wish I would have known what major to study. I tested out many different majors before I found one that I fell in love with. I would have been done with school a year or two sooner if I had started with Criminal Justice Administration from the very beginning.

I wish I would have known how ever-changing the weather is. One week it can be close to a record high and the next a record low. Sometimes I anticipate how the early cool morning weather can be and dress myself for cool temperatures, but later regret my choice of wardrobe that day because when the mid day sun falls directly underneath me I cringe just a bit when I know I am going to be uncomfortable and sweaty throughout my school day.

Nando

I wish I had known to be more proactive in aquiring financial aid, so I could afford to stay in the dorms and get the full "college experience".

Sydne

I wish I had truly understood the responsiblities of getting along with others and how to balance both an academic life and a social life. Both are very important to one's success in college.

Luc

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known how crazy the workload is...There are so many things I wish I would've known; such as: most of the people here come from Oakland and San Francisco and are already in their own cliche or ethnic grouping, The classes here don't allow for you to take your core-classes on time to graduate when you need/want to, that the costs of living on campus would go up so high that I have barely enough money to eat ramen everyday.

As someone who thrives when there is much room for student involvement, I wish I had known that most of the students here are truly focused on getting their degrees done as fast as possible. I am a very sociable person, and the lack of social activity in Cal State East Bay is a definite drawback for me.

Janelle

What I wish I had known before I came to this school is it was going to be very easy.The quality of the education is also not so great.The teachers at this school treat us like we are still in Grade school and it gets very frustrating at times.Say for intance only ten people show up to class and they are sitting there ready to learn ,the teacher cancells class because there is not many people there knowing they are on campus.

Carissa

Some of the things I know now I wish I could have known them before I came to this school. As far as being away from home not having a stable relationships with my friends and family which effects my ability to do well in school. The cost of college living in the dorms is very expense and taking out loans was not something I was looking forward to by with the current financial need I had to in order to remain in school. The diverse also I did not relaize that college is fill with so many people. fk

I was well aware of all that was expected when I came to this school and did not feel unprepared at all.

Alysia

The location of the school and how in convenient the school is for people who live on campus but do own a car.

trenton

how to manage my time

I wish I had known all the transfer agreement information. That information was not easy to come by--being scattered throughout several departments on campus.

It isn't such a social place to be.

Christal

Well actually, before I applied to this school I did research about it and the type of programs and services that the school offers to the students and found out that what they provided is what i was looking for in a school. So, when I actually started attending the school I knew a lot of what I needed to know. With that said there is nothing that I wished I knew before I came to this school because the information they provided on their website and on their flyers sastisfied my needs.

Jackie

I wished I had known what to major in right away.

What the financial aid system was like.

Kelley

I feel like I was well prepared, and I can't think of anything that I wish I had known.