California State University-Fresno Top Questions

Great campus to hang out. Friendly people and nice place to eat when you are doing homework.

justin

The campus is dimly lit and have very limited parking space. A lot of theft occurs at nights. The campus size is decent. Some instructors are nice and welcoming, while others are not, some may even grade you based on their feelings about you.

Patricia

I love how much school spirit this university has. Last semester, a organization called USU Productions, who organize many events for students, started Bulldog Wednesday. The first Wednesday of every month students wear CSU Fresno attire and are entered in raffles. There are also games and prizes one can win by going to the booth they have during their specific hours. Football games are a must! Everyone gets excited when football season comes around and most of the time the stadium is very packed, and very red (school color)! The student section is very fun, nobody is ever sitting down because they are too busying cheering. The school I would say is middle sized. Around 20,000 students. The Madden Library is where everyone usually is, since the library is very big and was remodeled just a few years ago. There is even a Starbucks inside which is a great plus! The biggest controversy I would say is how every semester tuition keeps rising and classes are getting cut, and that is usually the students' main complaint. Although I myself do not like the increases, there is no choice. If you want to further your education then your investing in your great future.

Ruthie

Overall, I like Fresno State a lot. It often gets a bad rep because, well, it's in Fresno. There are currently some downsides- the budget is continuously getting cut, and the university is currently considering dividing the college of science and math. Hopefully they don't though :) Personally, I think one of the best things about this school is the class sizes. The two largest classes I ever had contained 300 people and 150 people in it. The rest are set at a maximum of about 45; which is good. The class is small enough to where you can ask questions, but big enough to where you feel like you're in a class setting, rather than a meeting with people you don't know. Fresno State has a TREMENDOUS amount of school pride. Due to the fact that Fresno is a city with a small-town feel, everyone participates in the spirit aspect of the school. All the stores have posters and promotions, gas stations have "Go Bulldogs!" written above the price of fuel, and everywhere you go you see people wearing Fresno State shirts. In other big schools/towns, I think it would be easy to lose that town solidarity, and that would be a shame, I think. Also- I think for people from out of town, there are a few things you may want to consider. Mainly, the weather. Fresno is fortunate in that we don't experience "violent" weather, but we do experience intense heat that many people from out of town are not used to. In the summer, we are usually hitting over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit. Or else that would be awful!) But the good new is- the heat is dry! We do not deal with humidity nonsense, thank goodness! Other than that, we get a lot of fog in the winters, and most people don't consider our winter to be "very cold". People from out of town tend to be amused that you start seeing scarves and jackets once we hit 70 :) As far as academics go, I think Fresno State is often underrated. I have had some FABULOUS professors who are known all around the world- in both the academic field, and as a source of expertise to the general public. Most professors I've had are very knowledgeable, willing to explain anything you don't understand, and have a passion for what they do.

Ruthie

Overall, I like Fresno State a lot. It often gets a bad rap because, well, it's in Fresno. There are currently some downsides- the budget is continuously getting cut, and the university is currently considering dividing the college of science and math. Hopefully they don't though :) Personally, I think one of the best things about this school is the class sizes. The two largest classes I ever had contained 300 people and 150 people in it. The rest are set at a maximum of about 45; which is good. The class is small enough to where you can ask questions, but big enough to where you feel like you're in a class setting, rather than a meeting with people you don't know. Fresno State has a TREMENDOUS amount of school pride. Due to the fact that Fresno is a city with a small-town feel, everyone participates in the spirit aspect of the school. All the stores have posters and promotions, gas stations have "Go Bulldogs!" written above the price of fuel, and everywhere you go you see people wearing Fresno State shirts. In other big schools/towns, I think it would be easy to lose that town solidarity, and that would be a shame, I think. Also- I think for people from out of town, there are a few things you may want to consider. Mainly, the weather. Fresno is fortunate in that we don't experience "violent" weather, but we do experience intense heat that many people from out of town are not used to. In the summer, we are usually hitting over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit. Or else that would be awful!) But the good new is- the heat is dry! We do not deal with humidity nonsense, thank goodness! Other than that, we get a lot of fog in the winters, and most people don't consider our winter to be "very cold". People from out of town tend to be amused that you start seeing scarves and jackets once we hit 70 :) As far as academics go, I think Fresno State is often underrated. I have had some FABULOUS professors who are known all around the world- in both the academic field, and as a source of expertise to the general public. Most professors I've had are very knowledgeable, willing to explain anything you don't understand, and have a passion for what they do.

Ruthie

Overall, I like Fresno State a lot. It often gets a bad rap because, well, it's in Fresno. There are currently some downsides- the budget is continuously getting cut, and the university is currently considering dividing the college of science and math. Hopefully they don't though :) Personally, I think one of the best things about this school is the class sizes. The two largest classes I ever had contained 300 people and 150 people in it. The rest are set at a maximum of about 45; which is good. The class is small enough to where you can ask questions, but big enough to where you feel like you're in a class setting, rather than a meeting with people you don't know. Fresno State has a TREMENDOUS amount of school pride. Due to the fact that Fresno is a city with a small-town feel, everyone participates in the spirit aspect of the school. All the stores have posters and promotions, gas stations have "Go Bulldogs!" written above the price of fuel, and everywhere you go you see people wearing Fresno State shirts. In other big schools/towns, I think it would be easy to lose that town solidarity, and that would be a shame, I think. Also- I think for people from out of town, there are a few things you may want to consider. Mainly, the weather. Fresno is fortunate in that we don't experience "violent" weather, but we do experience intense heat that many people from out of town are not used to. In the summer, we are usually hitting over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit. Or else that would be awful!) But the good new is- the heat is dry! We do not deal with humidity nonsense, thank goodness! Other than that, we get a lot of fog in the winters, and most people don't consider our winter to be "very cold". People from out of town tend to be amused that you start seeing scarves and jackets once we hit 70 :)

Ruthie

Overall, I like Fresno State a lot. It often gets a bad rap because, well, it's in Fresno. There are currently some downsides- the budget is continuously getting cut, and the university is currently considering dividing the college of science and math. Hopefully they don't though :) Personally, I think one of the best things about this school is the class sizes. The two largest classes I ever had contained 300 people and 150 people in it. The rest are set at a maximum of about 45; which is good. The class is small enough to where you can ask questions, but big enough to where you feel like you're in a class setting, rather than a meeting with people you don't know. Fresno State has a TREMENDOUS amount of school pride. Due to the fact that Fresno is a city with a small-town feel, everyone participates in the spirit aspect of the school. All the stores have posters and promotions, gas stations have "Go Bulldogs!" written above the price of fuel, and everywhere you go you see people wearing Fresno State shirts. In other big schools/towns, I think it would be easy to lose that town solidarity, and that would be a shame, I think.

Ravneet

Fresno State is a great university that helps you succeed and meet new people along the way. The best thing about this school is that the faculty and staff are always willing to help their students. If I were to change one thing about this school it would be to add more classes. Unfortunantely, Fresno State took a hard hit with this economical downfall and has had to endure many budget cuts. Since I commute to school, I have not experienced much of the "college town," although friends tell me its great! The library and student union is open til late and you always find students cramming for their finals, or just hanging out after a stressful week of midterms! Overall, the school is great and I have yet to come across a problem or situation that would discourage me from coming to Fresno State.