California State University-Fullerton

« See more reviews of California State University-Fullerton

Students who attend Cal State University, Fullerton must be prepared to do a lot of group work and presentations. I don't recommend anyone who is fearful of them considers going to CSUF. On the other hand the continuous practice helps gets a person over stage fright. I don't recommend people going to CSUF or any college if they are not serious about furthering their education and always willing to give it their 110% effort. College is different from grade school. It's important that each student takes personal responsibility always and has a positive perception about learning.

The students at CSUF run the gammot as far as diversity goes. The thousands of students from so many different backgrounds and cultures produces a wide variety of needs. While the student body is provided with a tightly-knit web of support, it is basically "every man for himself". The type of student that would not survive in this type of educational community is the type who expects others to take care of them, and does not take the initiative to deal with their own situation. There are schools that cater more to individual needs than this one.

If a student is impatient Cal State Fullerton might not be the best option for the next year or so because of construction. This makes parking a bit of a hassel. Along with paking problems, state wide budget cuts have taken its toll on Cal State Fullerton as well as all other Cal State schools. These budget cuts have made class sizes bigger and harder to get in. They have also caused many cancelled days of school, which isn't as great as one would think because students are still resonsible to know the material lost becasue of cancelled classes.

There aren't many people i would tell to look away from Cal State Fullerton. This school has the potential of bringing even the coldest of hearts to a bright and warm california temperature of nothing but smiles. New college students need to realize that every school will have something that stands out, good or bad. The main topics to keep your sights on are 1. do they have the major I want to go into? 2. can I afford it? 3. does the school's environment mesh with my personality and finally 4. can i see myself anywhere else?

An example of someone who shouldn't attend CSUF is someone who is lazy or unmotivated. The curriculum here is challenging but it is also very managable if you puy attention and stay on top of your studies. Also if you are the type of student who college sports (other then baseball) is very important to you and going to large filled stadiums to see your school play then this might not be the school for you. There is sororites and fraternaties as well a school spirit groups but it is smaller then some other schools.

There is usally no admitting requierment to how a person is in their own time but I will say a person that lacks focus, integrity, and will should really reconsider attending a university. A college to a teens mind is party, drinking and sex but I must say that is a false statement. Everyone I have met on campuse is a well focused and well rounded individula they know what they want to accomplish. Anyone wanting to attened CSUFullerton must have a get to it mind set instead of parting or being lazy everyday.

I believe that California State University Fullerton is open to everyone. We offer majors, clubs, and advisement for all ethnicities, religions, political preferences, and sexual orientations. One of the goals of this campus is to expose people to new cultures and ways of thinking so by the time they finish their studies they will feel more enlightened then when they started. We encourage diversity in all aspects of life and believe it is a necessity in having a well balanced and encouraging environment.

Someone who does not want to be at school or is not self- motivated should not attend this school. I believe there is no point going to school if your heart is not in it. You will regret going to school and not be happy to be there. Also, by not wanting to be there, you drag the rest of the students down as well especially if you have to work on group projects. School is not for everyone. I believe in getting a good education, but you have to want to be there and have a willingness to learn.

If you are looking for a very intimate class size than Colorado State University may not be fore you. As a freshman taking core classes such as Biology the lecture hall can be close to 300 students. If you are dedicated to getting help and getting your questions answered there are plenty of venues available to help you indivivually, but you won't get that personal attention in class. The class sizes do thin out and get smaller as they become more major specific, but that may take a year or so.

People who believe that school spirit is based on support of a football team, and also those who want to be associated with a "party school." This is because CSUF can rightly pride itself for its academic programs for the various majors as well as being one of the top schools to successfully acquire internships for its students. Therefore, in order to achieve a decent future after college, the faculty instills in the students minds the value of hard work.