California State University-Fullerton

« See more reviews of California State University-Fullerton

I wish I would have gone to a conselor immediately at CSUF after transfering from a community college. I created positive and helpful realtionships to help me along the way through community college, as compared to the little relationships I built with conselors and staff at CSUF. I needed so much help at CSUF and had multiple advisors help me. I wish I would have built on the relationships at CSUF to help me, specificlly help making important decisions and guidance with whom to speck to. I felt more secure and trusting with the conselors I made strong relationships with.

The only issue I wish I was aware of before attending was residency units. A transfer student must complete nine units of general education in residency at Cal State Fullerton. This sets me back a bit in as I had already fully completed and recieved my Associated Degree before transfering. Because I have to take these classes I may have to stay an extra semester . This notice should have been more vocalized and advertised so that I knew to transfer with a few extra classes to finish. Now I have to take extra classes that I don't necessarily need.

I wish I had known that the transition from high school to a University would have been rocky, and that I should have prepared much better by going over previous materials I had learned in high school. Had I prepared myself for the upcoming classes I would have taken I would have reviewed alot more over the summer than what I did. It would had also helped to know that if you plan to procrastinate any assignment that you better understand that assignment fully so that you can complete it in time.

I wish I has known how important it is to get involved. It helps with meeting new people, as well as trying new things. It expands who you are as a person, and makes the college experience more fun. Getting invovled seems very rewarding. I also wish I had been told how great it is to live on campus. I stayed at home and now wish I had not. I feel I missed out on a huge part of the college experience. I wish someone had said, don't be afraid to do something out of your comfort zone.

I wish i had known how fast i had to grow up after high school. You movew to a new city, a new school, a new environment, and you have to get the hang of all the motion going on around you that you cannot afford to not be focused. I wish I had known that I had to constatnly remind myself of my goal of getting a higher education when things got hard and to not let my emotions of missing my family back at home tear me down.The power of my future is in my hands.

I wish I had known how to manage my money in a more responsible manner now that I don't have my parents to watch and control every financial move. You need to know how to take care of money because money doesn't come to you and say "Here I am, take me I am free." I am learning now to hold to my money because I don't want to tell my future family and friends that I flunked college just because I didn't have enough money to continue my studies.

I wish I would have known how much reading would be required of me. The homework load compared to high school is more however it is a different type of homework. Homework involves lots of writing essays and reading text books. Manage your time wisely and you should be fine. Also, CSUF goes by the semester system, which gives an extra long winter break and more time to learn and succeed in each class.

I wish I would have known about the parking structure of this school. Finding a parking spot is incredibly difficult unless making sure you are getting there one hour before your first class. To help minimize this problem the school is currently building a new parking structure. This will relieve the stress of finding a parking spot. Parking is incredibly important unless dorming at school.

Before I started at Cal State Fullerton I wish I had information about the courses I needed to take. When I first started attending college I had no idea what classes I needed to take . I spoke with a counselor, but the information they gave me wasn't correct. If I would have know when I first began taking classes, I wouldn't have taken classes that weren't required for my major.

I wish I had known that just because I getting a degree would not make my life "perfect." I always thought no matter what I majored in college and graduated with a bachelors I would have the perfect job and a happy life. I learnt that life does not always turn out that way and sometimes you have to take a different route to end up with a happy life and a satisfying job.