California State University-Fullerton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for California State University-Fullerton

Chris

I think that CSUF is an amazing school. Most students are very like-minded and focused on their studies. There are many opportunities that are given to you as a student to succeed and thrive in whatever field you decide to major in. Clubs, Internships, and helpful staff/faculty are all ways that students get to really engage with their education and learn more about their future fields. There are also many social events, like painting classes here and there or even video game tournaments, to get students to get involved with their peers as well as create a friendly communal environment. There is plenty to do on campus, many places to eat and shop, as well as a variety of great study areas that are prepped for those long nights or even quick naps between the busy hours of one's day. So if you are considering CSUF, I give it 1,000,000 thumbs up (if I had that many)! ;)

My-Tran

Generally California State University of Fullerton is an ordinary campus. The facilities are modern and updated, although there are some hiccups here and there such as having one or two buildings being fairly outdated to the point the facilities are in conflict of quality. Academics wise, it is a hit or miss, since each program or major department on campus has different quality in professors. I have been fortunate enough to have decent professors with sufficient class sizes as well.

Tiffany

It's my first semester here as a transfer student and my transition to a university is great! Huge campus with great facilities (the new TSU building is awesome!), great academic counselors whom helped me a lot with planning out my classes, lots of clubs, greek life, and events happening almost everyday. Overall, a very vibrant campus community&I'm loving it!

Fabiola

California State University of Fullerton does a splendid job in providing knowledgeable and interesting professors for the students to learn from. It's mostly a commuter school, so there is not a whole lot of student involvement in clubs and recreational activities, but we try our best to try and juggle the commute, the classes, and the clubs this campus has to offer. I'm proud to be a titan.

Adrian

As of now this is my second year attending Cal State Fullerton and it has been a nice experience. The campus is walking distance from many stores and is near Downtown Fullerton. I have stayed at on campus apartments and the ones I visited were relatively clean, even upon stumbling in the wrong room to visit a friend I was still greeted and kindly escorted to the correct room. The main thing I love about the campus is how compact it is; all the classes are within 10 minutes of each other, the campus provides good health care to their students providing vaccines, physicals, and even have visits to the chiropractor, and occasionally groups will bring puppies to the titan student union which is always a delight! The worst thing is parking, I commute from South Gate California and if I arrive at 8:40 I cannot find parking in a structure, but that can be solved by renting a dorm and if that were the case with everything the school provides and the well established gym that would benefit any opportunist on campus.

I graduated from CSUF in May 2016, and I could not be more excited. I am so happy that I chose this school for my undergraduate career, because I feel prepared for what opportunities lie ahead. There are many opportunities to be involved in on campus. Personally, I decided to join the Pilipino-American Student Association, a social club, the Student Health Professions Club, a pre-health club, and an electrochemistry research lab. These clubs help me meet a diverse group of people that I am still friends with today. Throughout my 4 years in this school, I have been lucky to have professors who were very helpful with their students in and out of the classroom. They had flexible office hours to ensure students were on track with their studies. Overall, I am proud to be a Titan!

Adrinana

Overall, I am really enjoying attending CSUF. The professors are accessible, friendly, and will try their best to make sure every student is following along. The social events provided by the school are just as enjoyable and fun; I hope to attend more events this spring.

Jewelmani

It's not bad, but it's not the best. I feel like the dorm rooms look like jail cells. The food in the Gastronome gets pretty dull after about 6 weeks. I had the same sandwich for about a week because nothing else was satisfying. I mean the professors are really nice and they are totally willing to help. Oh.. And the parking SUCKS. Residents on campus spend a long time trying to find parking especially when coming back from home over the weekend and if you come back and can't find parking near the dorms, then you have to park ten freakin years away because there isn't enough parking. But other than that, CSUF isn't too bad because the mall is literally 10 minutes away.

Jasmin

My overall opinion of Fullerton is that it's a very diverse environment. I am disappointed in the sports scene since we are a division one school our sports aren't promoted enough. It is also unfortunate that we don't have a football team. It is hard to be involved when you do not live on campus. We offer many clubs but not many recreational ones which hopefully changes as time goes on.

Wesly

It's a great school full of teachers who care about what they with great facilities sadly as a major commuter school campus life is a bit lacking. However joining clubs is a great way to remedy what ever feeling of disconnection that can arise from going to college

My overall opinion of California State University Fullerton is that it is a commuters school. If you are looking for that college experience this would not be the school to go to because everyone goes to class and goes home. Nobody really stays and socializes and nobody bothers to socialize in class either. It is a small campus which is really nice because you don't have to walk very far to get to classes. Overall, its a good school to get an education but I would not recommend it for students who are looking for more.

At CSUF, we have a very apparent student caring culture, that is that the students are really taking an initiative of their studies and their freedom of speech and the right of education to the next level. Everything that I thought would be is greatly depicted at CSUF. Here, the students take charge of their destiny and have a hunger for knowledge! It is truly inspiring to find a place where intellectual and ambitious individuals come together!

Monique

My overall experience at Cal State Fullerton is beyond amazing. This university is my dream school and it still feels like a dream to me when I see that I am a student there. Cal State Fullerton is definitely my recommendation for students who are very passionate about their major but also want to mix in an entertaining lifestyle. You are surrounded by many activities, stores, and are just a few minutes away from Downtown Fullerton, Disneyland, or Knott's Berry Farm, as well as other entertainments. The professors are great, and the classes there are very informative and enjoyable. It is one of the best decisions I made and I hope others can have the chance to experience this.

Cheuk Yiu

California State University Fullerton aka CSU Disney (since we're so close to Disneyland) is a great college. We have a great art program and business program. CSUF is a moderate size campus so it is easy to walk to class from the dorms (even when you accidentally overslept). Most of the dorms were recently built so they still look good as new. The housing food is ok but the omelettes are amazing. They are totally worth sacrificing some sleeping time. Anyways, you can always go back to sleep afterwards if you don't have morning classes. CSUF is also walking distance to many restaurants so you can go there if the Gastronome isn't serving anything you like. Most of the classes in CSUF are of average size so you actually get to know the students around you. Although most students are commuters, the people here are really friendly. But because of this parking may be hard to find, then again what college isn't?

Brenna

Let me be clear by stating this first: there is nothing inherently wrong with Cal State Fullerton. It is a functional school that does its job. But it lacks on campus culture because of the lack of communication between the school and its students. There is no sense of the resources, the facilities, or the assistance that students can receive at Cal State Fullerton. Though the campus is functional, it could be fantastic with the breaking down of this barrier of communication.

Russell Antonie

Cal State Fullerton is an awesome campus. I was truly amazed at how the professors engaged with students and helped them succeed in the course. I plan on going to grad school and completing my masters

Priscila

Cal State Fullerton is the best school for me. There are so many different organizations that I can be apart of. There are always events happening on campus to inform more and more student on what is happening. Fullerton has great professors that can impact us. I can say Fullerton is the best for me and has everything in a school that I can ask for.

Angelina

California State university of Fullerton is a nice school. The campus is very pretty. Students seem to get along. Of course there are groups of people who are alone but i believe that students and staff push people to get involved which is an important factor to having a good united school. So far i love the school and I've loved the teachers that i got. Teachers are there for you when you need them. Overall the school is great and i know i wont have a bad experience at Fullerton.

Graciela

Overall the university is quick to jump on dangerous issues, the campus police regularly send out emails about issues and warnings. There is an active political involvement. The campus is a beautiful area. I would love this place with all my heart if it wasn't for the tuition raises and for the commute.

Susan

Small town atmosphere unusual for Orange County, but close to everything like Disneyland, the beach, airports. School is good at recognizing excellence. Very diverse school too! On campus housing is limited. Would recommend a suite over a residence hall your 2nd year.

Alina

The school is great. I had no plans on what school I was going to but the fact that the business program is amazing and well known as a great advantage. The best part is being on campus and living in the college moment. This place is somewhere I hoped for but thought it would take a strong will to get to. I'm so grateful for the opportunities they have in store for the students.

Nica

I love CSUF. I'm a freshman here and I've never felt more welcomed or accepted. I am in the honors program so most of my classes are very small. The course options available have a wide variety of options, so there is a little something for everyone.

Jahzeel

I really love the atmosphere of Cal State Fullerton. The community and size of the campus is perfect. The campus isn't too spread out yet it's not too small, it's like a small community. The community here is so accepting and there is any spot someone can become plugged it! Whether that's religious or politic view, physical activity, similar interests, there's many clubs and organizations open for opportunities.

Francisco

I haven't been here for that long, but my limited experience so far has been good. My professors are all nice and knowledgeable. They have their office hours regularly, they have so far responded quickly to my emails, and they are willing to talk to students and help them. I am a commuter student, so I don't know that much about the housing and other stuff people who live on campus might take advantage of, but the parking can be pretty bad. That's the only negative I have seen so far. I enjoy the school.

William

My overall opinion of California State University Fullerton is that it is average. There are a variety of clubs to peak someone's interest in their major or extracurricular activity. Based on my major, most professors you will take are new so most classes will be a hit or miss. Even though the food on campus is not great, there are a lot of restaurants around to compensate.

Benjamin

It is very clean campus with friendly people. There are lots of opportunity for students to be involved culturally and ethnically. The professors are very welcoming creating a great learning environment that makes students engaged in what they are learning.

Aisha

For an institution that offers cheap tuition, it certainly offers excellent services that out perform the expectations of the university. Although the price tag may be low, I feel both engaged and challenged by the course material and the professors delivering it. It is also such a diverse campus that embraces this unique aspect, which creates an eclectic environment that enriches the over all experience.

Ming

One of the things that I like a lot about Cal State Fullerton is that the people here are extremely nice and kind. The campus is relatively small but the facilities are all very updated and great, like the gym. The academic environment is amazing, because the school has very high academic standard and will provide the students a lot of opportunities professionally.

JoAnna

California State University Fullerton was a wonderful school to get my undergrad. The student life was great, and I made many great friends, and the faculty were always very willing to talk to me. The nearby area is very pretty and I always felt safe studying on campus. Overall, I enjoyed every minute of my four years I was there.

Sara

Great school. A lot of ways to get involved. Dead on weekends.

JAKE

Cal State Fullerton benefited me as a high school student that was trying to find their niche. It didn't benefit me at all as a college student. The times where I felt challenged were because of the social environments that I was placed in and felt not a lot of growth in myself when I finished my first, and only, year. It wasn't the place for me and, if you tend to see the cracks in a foundation, I wouldn't recommend.

Tamryn

I have never had a dream school, but I have always dreamt of going away to school. Furthering my education at California State University-Fullerton has been one of the best decisions I have made. During my first year here, I have already seen myself grow as a person. I have met such a great variety of people here; I have joined multiple organizations on campus; I have pushed myself to do my best in school. I could not be happier with my decision to come to school here and earn a degree in Psychology.

Leslie

In high school, we were told that we would be completely on our own once we hit college. It was daunting to think that no one would try to help me achieve my goals and that teachers would be strict and almost unhelpful. The complete opposite is at CSUF. I've never had a professor who wasn't willing to come in an hour early to their office hours to accommodate my schedule or understand personal affairs. Being a diverse campus, I feel like our professors really understand the demographic and instill a campus that is full of acceptance and that everyone's motto is that we can beat the stereotypes and no law can stop us from pursuing our dreams.

Baillie

Beautiful school. The school has to many kinds of resources, activities, games, and clubs to be involved. The parking can be a little hectic but it is very organized and tells you how many spots left there is. CSUF is a very advanced school and has great opportunities for those who become a part of it.

marybelle

I have attended Cal State Fullerton for 4 years and I loved it. I would highly recommend being open and friendly towards other students because everyone is there for one goal, to further their education. The campus is surrounded by restaurants, bars and downtown Fullerton for night life! Up's and downs for professors, but I believe that goes for any university or college.

Alexander

It's a nicer than average school with a higher than average quality of education. Overall an above average school but not the best out there. But not far off! You have your occasional bad professors but aside from that it's an amazing school with some really great professors! Graduating does take some time for Computer Science as there are a lot of bottle neck classes and strict pre requisites that can be hard to get into due to over crowded classes.

Silas

This is an amazing school and it really offers great things to the students here on the campus. My EOP adviser has helped me through so much and if it wasn't for him my admissions would have probably been re-sent. I'm really grateful for the family that I have there and all the amazing things they have to offer me and hopefully I can make my mother proud by being in the first in our family to graduate from college. This would make her dreams come true and as well as mine. Cal State Fullerton is an amazing school and in my opinion one of the best schools in the state.

Alexis

I knew right away when I first stepped onto their campus months ago it was the school for me. Now, in the sixth week of classes, the school has yet to disappoint. The class sizes are not overwhelming and the professors and friendly and helpful when asked for help. The campus has plenty of things to keep you busy for hours without getting bored and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and enjoyable.

Riley

California State University Fullerton is an outstanding school. I've been attending part-time for a few years and all of my professors have either been extremely knowledgeable as well as fun. Even the ones that are more serious than fun, they're dry delivery of jokes is often very funny. The campus is always well maintained by the staff as well as the students. Rarely do I ever see trash on the ground or something out of place. That is because the students here care about their campus and have a lot of school spirit. The other students I've met are usually very enthusiastic about attending here and look for extracurricular activities to participate in. One of my favorite things about the campus is that we have the Fullerton Arboretum. I love taking a scenic walk through there between classes if I have the time. I have been practicing photography as a hobby and the arboretum is always a great place for photos or to just go for a calming nature walk. The other great thing is there are about 6 or 7 Pokemon GO gyms spread out across campus, which is another great way to go for a walk around and play. The student staff is always coming up with fun ways to get students involved or hang out together. My first semester they gave out "Titanmon" cards at several of the student facilities, which I collected all and learned about the services the school has to offer. Also on May 4th there was an outdoors showing of Star Wars movies for students to view and just hang out. It's great because while primarily focusing on strong academics, Cal State Fullerton also realizes the human and social aspects needed to be successful as well. It doesn't feel like somewhere I have to go, but like a second home.

Eric

Good. The college is primarily an commute college, but there is some life on campus for people who live there. In class room typically people keep to themselves, but if you're in a club or greek fraternity or sorority, there's hope of making friends and having a night life. Other than that the school has pretty decent professors who are pretty good at what they know.

The school itself is a nice size; not too big, not too small. A bunch of places to be outside school. Its pretty clean. Staff and professors all seem generally nice and passionate about what they do. I haven't had a bad professor yet. Parking is terrible, gotta get there early, or good luck.

Mykayla

I love the energy that all the students bring to CSUF. They are kind and always there with a helping hand. Professors and other staff are there to be helpful. Freshman orientation was a blast. I had the opportunity to bond with other students who are in the same college.

Faith

Cal State Fullerton is a great school filled with so many welcoming professors, students and staff members. There are lots of clubs and activities that go on year round. The food is very good considering they have to feed thousands of students. The housing is very cozy and welcoming. Overall an amazing experience.

carolina

The university of California state university Fullerton is well known for its baseball team. Not only is the school prestigious for its athletics but it also is known for business. I am happy I chose this campus because it provides extracurricular activities such as intermural sports, events on campus and resources to get the help needed. As a freshman the transition was difficult but with the Chicano Resouce Center I was able to find a home away from home. This center does more than just provide resources for the latinx community they welcome everyone even if you are not latinx. I appreciate the weekly de stress activities and free food they provide. Overall cal state Fullerton is a campus that I have learned to love in a short amount of time and I cannot wait for what the future holds.

I believe that Cal State Fullerton is a great campus to be on. There are a variety of clubs, classes and great professors who care about their students. This is definitely one great college experience! The restaurants and shopping centers around this school is also definitely a great addition to the school.

Jacqueline

California State University, Fullerton is a beautiful campus and the people there are genuine. Being a part of the community is breathtaking. The students and staff are very nice and helpful and are easy and fun to converse with. As a student myself, I'm proud to have chosen Fullerton as my first choice and be Titan.

Ahad

There's no need to buy a skateboard/scooter/bike since all the buildings and facilities are located near enough to each other. There aren't many parties that go on since it's mostly a commuter school, but if you do want to attend parties, your best bet is to join Greek. Classes are around ~30 students and a lot of people are friendly. The buildings have been redone and look a lot better than what they did a few years ago. Overall a pretty solid school.

brianna

Good school, the campus is very nice, there is currently remodeling going on and the dorms are very nice because they are fairly new. The students have a lot of school spirit, the students have very nice energy and the campus feels very safe. The campus food is also very great.

Rebecca

Here at Cal State Fullerton, you will find everything you need. Engineering, business, art, culture, and so much more. Our facilities are open to both students and public. We have a massive building dedicated to studying, tutoring, and socializing. We are surrounded by music events and a huge selection of restaurants. The student life is vibrant and the student body is always planning different events to bring the Titan community together.

Maria

Fullerton is such an inspiring environment that helps you generate and admire the beauty of learning. Once, you step on the campus you feel like you belong there and don't want to leave and just stay there to pursue your dreams. I have considered this campus to be my future home for the next 4 years to pursue my bachelor degree in child and adolescent development. I have actually been admitted and hope to make the best out of it there fall 2018. Everything is just so safe and clean to feel like its home when its really not home but you feel secure about what you're doing.