Long Beach, CA
California State University-Long Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Long Beach

Alona

Friendly, engaging, interesting, and good at communicating and questions or concerns.

I was very lucky in my college experience to have received positive support and advice from students and family members. That support and advice got me through a very difficult period in my life--a time where what I specialized in could possibly be all that I did for the rest of my life. Most students struggle with that, thinking that they are tied down to their college major but that is not true. That's the advice that I would give parents or students--support a positive learning environment rather that one that is so specialized. If, as parents, you encourage them to go to a school with numerous major options and a flexible learning cirriculum, your future college grads won't feel so pressured to make a life changing choice before the 60 unit major decloration deadline. College is such an amazing experience where people not only expand their minds, but they expand their group of friends, their tolerance of diversity, and their overall understanding of who they are and who they want to be. Enter with an open mind and a positive outlook of the future and you will make the most of your college experience.

The parking was hellish because it is a commuter school with most students coming from cities surrounding CSULB. Even after they built the new parking structure, it was still difficult to find convenient parking around 9am-3pm.

Kalani

Follow your heart and embrace what you are passionate about. ?We cannot control the events that happen to us, but we can decide not to let them reduce us. Try to be a rainbow in someone?s could. Do not complain,? these are the inspiring words from Maya Angelou. She is a passionate woman who is wise. She learned at a young age to count her blessings. Someone once told her that she was going to become a great woman. Use college as a chance to reach to the depth of your soul and paint the world as you see it through your very own two eyes. Perhaps, others will indulge in your work and appreciate the colors of your imagination. My time spent during my undergraduate studies has been a time for me to explore myself and learn more about the world. College is your chance to become someone great with the help of other individuals and with the use of other resources. This college experience is a previlege that should not be taken for granted. I have appreciated all it has offered into my world. Enter college with an open mind and a big heart.

President Maxson was very supportive of all his students, staff and faculity.

Nicholas

Make sure you visit any campus you are serious about attending because just one visit can make all the difference. You will be able to tell whether you like the school and feel comfortable there or not. Also find a school that has a good program for your major. And also find a school/location that is challenging in some ways or else you will get nothing out of it and will not have learned much.

Someone who isn't open to new things, cultures, surroundings, ideas, and who doesn;t like to study.

I would say the best thing is how diverse it is. Ethnically, we have students from almost any country you could think of. I love how you can find just about anything on this campus. Whatever I needed has always been available to me on CSULB campus. It is a very clean and attractive campus as well. Great selection of majors and very educated and insightful teachers.

Cindy

The most helpful way in finding the right college for students is asking someone who has had college experience to help you. People who have been to college, especially the ones your interested in, will likely know exactly what you're going through and can answer most of your questions. You can recieve insights to what a particular college is like, or recieve other college information based on what the person researched when he/she was applying. This easily allows your to expand your knowledge of college. Another helpful way in finding the right college is looking through magazines such as the Princeton Review. Information on colleges all over the country are included, making the process of looking up colleges so much easier. And last but not least, there is always the internet. If you have certain colleges in mind, finding information online is an easy process.

Too many people are enrolled here. It's hard to get the classes you want if you are a new student.

Beatriz

Students should decide that major they want to pursue and then seek for the college that has that major. Students should also go to college workshops, college fairs and career centers to inform themselves. It is imporatant for them to obtain academic advising so they could be aided in completing admission applications. Parents should also go with their children to college events so they could also be informed, especially with financial assistance. Financial aid is what concerns and detains students from going to college and worries parents. That's why students should seek help so their questions can be anwered.

That I had to apply to the program of my major. When I filed the application I declared my major, but I wasn't officially in it. Also, that the advisors should've told me what were the prerequisites for my major.

I belive that people that do not want to pursue their education should attend this school. The reason for this is because if they get accepted to this school and just fool around; they are taking someone's opportunity away. If people attend this school because they are obligated to do so, and are not putting any effort, it is a waste of time for them.

Heather

FINISH! From one student to another, my advice is to push through. I have been in college for longer than I would have liked now but I am determined to be the first person in my family to achieve a degree; and not just any degree but a degree in the College of Engineering. The day they hand me my diploma will be one of the happiest days of my life! I get to look back at all the times that were rough and when I thought I was not going to make it through and smile. It is going to be worth it!

Parking! It may sound silly however the price of a parking pass continues to increase yet there are not enough spots to accomadate everyone. It seems a little silly to me. I understand and see the campus trying to take action by offering a free bus pass as well as off campus parking shuttles however they are not accpmadating to everyone.

Diversity and Opportunity. California State University of Long Beach offers 8 different colleges plus the opportunity to join over 100 different club/ recreational activities. The student population is well rounded with over 33,000 students attending. It is great to be a part of a campus that encourages and gives you the opportunity to be involved in so many activities to help one achieve their gaols as a student.

Kimberly

Before choosing a college, parents and students should go on a road trip to visit different colleges to get a feel of the area and the campus. It is much easier to pick a school when you can say you have been there. Once you have found your new home away from home, it is important to understand that even though you have left your old friends behind, odds are most of the people around you have too and are looking for a friendship. Be social and say hi or sit down with someone in the dining halls. The sooner you find friends, the sooner you will enjoy your new school. Also a great way to make friends is by getting involved in some of the many organizations or club sports teams.

Heather

Very diverse and interesting environment where I know I can ask for assistance if I need it.

Make sure that you find a school that fits both your academic needs as well as your emotional ones. There were schools that had an excellent program for my degree but I would have been miserable there because I did not feel comfortable in the surrounding atmosphere.

My department is very small and it is hard to get the classes I need.

Christopher

There is a huge varity or race, gender, religion, and age, yet everybody seems to listen to the other sides arugment (even if they dont agree). Most schools idenities and core ideas are confined to their social, racal demographics. Not Long Beach State.

There is prefect way to choose a college. Many different factors go into picking as school such as, the programs that intrest the child, the srounding city, and most important, the vibes that the CHILD gets from the city, not the parents. Besides that, make sure the child gets to see the town before committing to a college.

i think any body can attend this school.

Remedios

My classmates are energetic, socialble, and ready to meet new people.

My classmates are energetic, socialble, and ready to meet new people.

Its hard to figure out which college is the best for you. The best thing you could do is visit the college on a regular school day so you could check out parking, the traffic, how many students are in classes, as well as near stores. Some people have problems with large schools and would prefer a smaller one. That is way you have to check out your school before you decide to attend there. You might end up not liking the weather or how much traffic there is in the morning. I made my decision last minute, luckily for me it was exactly what I wanted. I don't recommend that, you don't want to get stuck going to a school you don't like.

People that are sociable and want to have a different experience in their lives

California State University-Long Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.