I find that many of my classmates know what they want to do already and are very determined and dedicated to their school work, but a select few that are maybe undecided or aren't quite sure of the direction that they want to go in tend to be more laid back about their education.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that this school was diverse. You're going to meet people of all races from older teens to adults going back to college and of many different majors as well. You want to hear different opinions from different views? This is your place.
My classmates are very ethnically diverse, display a variety of interests and lifestyles, and I would estimate that about 75% of them are academically driven with a strong drive toward success in the classroom, while the other 25% are less motivated.
Classmates are very open to meeting new people. Do not be shy to socialize, because you are not the only one that wants the "college experience". Who knows the classmate sitting next to you may be your best friend down the road.
Generally, they seem to be in a similar situation to myself, meaning they are in the process of finding a direction that will guarantee financial stability and happiness; thought: 100 words is quite long for one sentence.
My classmates are self-motivated to take school seriously, they are friendly to help out their classmates through emails, study groups, or share lecture notes, and they are approachable to talk to and hang out with!
My classmates include those who are actively involved in all types of activities on campus and range between different types of races, ethnicities, and political views, and are from all different types of majors.
Classes at CSULB are filled with dverse students who are rarely just like you even if they are the same major; unless you are in an honor course, in which they type A, smart kids tend to gather and nerd out.
So far most of my class mates have been self-motivated, helpful individuals that don't mind reaching out to others to assist them if they need help with something. No one here is overly success hungry.
CSULB students are a pretty cool crowd, much friendlier and more mature than I expected.... proof: there are blackboards in the USU bathroom stalls, and I didn't see a single penis drawn.