California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

The school is probably best known for its location in Southern California close to the beach, the cultural scene of Los Angeles, the great shopping and entertainment opportunites in Orange County. Certain campuses are known for specific majors, and while this school has impacted majors such as engineering, business, and nursing, I can't say that it is known for any specific major. Every subejct under the sun is taught at this college. It is probably also known for its large campus spread out on a hill. There's a lot of walking uphill and down at this school.

My school , I beleive, is best kown for its diversity and friendiness. We have many transfer students from all over the world. they are very nice and we are a very welcoming community. We help each other when we are in class and also when we are in extra curricular activities. Also, students at CSULB learn different cultures that they have not heard of before because students work together in grous for a certain cause. Even though they might know each other they are very optomistic and ready to help This is my opinion of the highlight of the university.

I would have to say that my school is most known for being culturally diverse. My campus has a whole bunch of different culture and CSULB is proud to embrace each one. Each and every one of the student have the opportunity to learn others culture or embrace their own. At least once every semester there is a day where the quad is filled with different tables that present the different cultures along with unique performances and food. Fliers are often seen all over campus emphasizing the importance of cultural diversity.

California State University Long Beach is known for being one of the top 3 largest CSU campuses in California. The school is also well known for its nursing program, which students from all over California, as well as out of state, persistently compete for a place in the program. Our school may also be known for the enormous blue pyramid, known as the Walter Pyramid, which is basically a sporting complex for active sports such as basketball and volleyball.

We are very focused on a lot of different disciplines. From Film, music, art, to nursing and business. We represent the interests of the students well, I believe. It ranges from so many different types of majors and career goals that it would be hard not to find something that you really enjoy doing. i heard recently that we are one of the safest campuses in California, possibly America, so that shows what kind of environment we are studying in.

Let's go, 49ers! CSULB is best known for our campus landmarks. The Walter Pyramid is a state-of-the-art sporting complex that stands out the most for it's unique blue color. CSULB's mascot, Prospector Pete, can be seen at many campus basketball or volleyball games. CSULB is also known for its Japanese Garden for it's tranquility and beauty with a large koi pond. Life is good at Long Beach. Go Beach!

My school is best known for having a dangerous reputation, not from the school itself but from the city. However, the city is not dangerous, it is misconception. Beyond that our school is known for linguistics program, and it possesses only one of three pyramids in the country, Walter Pyramid. In addition it has a built a very strong baseball program with some of the most current Major Leaguers.

California State University - Long Beach is best known for being one of the few universities that offer the best quality of education at an affordable price, on of the top universities in the US West for pursuing master's degrees. The university is also known for it's blue pyramid that holds many events including the NCAA basketball games and having Stephen Speilberg as one of their alumni.

California State University of Long Beach, also known as the Beach is the best Cal State University. We have highly educated Professors that are educating and preparing their students for success. Though, our academics are highly valued, our athletics are also impressive. We do not have a football team; however, our baseball team (dirtbags) and our basketball teams are talented.

Around other schools, we are known as a party school - however, that is not completely true. We have a well-known, highly acclaimed arts program here at Long Beach. The arts programs (music, theater, dance, art) are excellent, with a great faculty and just an overall good program. The art students are usually quite successful, and learn how to better their craft here.