California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

Compared to the other schools, my school is one of the top cal-state universities in california. Most people I know applied to CSULB. The campus is normal and just the average university. My campus has a great student union and is not to far from places of entertainment. The school is pretty big and the staff is great. If you really want to have the feel of being at a real university, CSULB is the place. It has a variety of all different ethnicities and cultures.

The main reason that I chose CSULB is the acclaimed nursing program on campus. Being a nursing major, this is my primary reason for attending the university. Not only are the facilities advanced (just as advanced as any of the expensive private universities with their own nursing programs), but there is a high turn around for employment in the surrounding hospitals for graduates from the CSULB nursing program.

Cal State Long Beach is one of the largest schools in California. Even though it is only a Cal State, it has one of the best nursing, film, and engineering programs in California. But what makes us the most unique is that our campus has a huge pyramid! One of only three pyramids that exist in the United States of America is located on the campus of Cal State Long Beach! Go Beach!!

CSULB is unique for several reasons. It is located in one of the most culturally diverse cities in California and the school reflects this same diversity. CSULB is also unique in that you can go to the beach, the mountains, San Diego, and even Mexico in a relatively short distance. CSULB is a very large campus and offers a wide range of resources and opportunities for its students.

One of the reasons why i chose to go to California State University Long Beach was because of its reputation for being a culturally diverse, and academically strong institution. I am a small town kid having grown up in Boise, Idaho to an Argentine mother, so diversity runs in my blood including the perspectives on how i view the world as well as the people i come across.

There is a really strong sense of a student body here - you can always tell that students go to this school. I went to Cal State Fullerton to apply, and I hated it. There were no pictures, flyers, banners, etc... nothing to really indicate that anyone had ever been there. Plus, there are so many trees on our campus - it's beautiful and really homey. I love our campus!

Compared to other schools, I find that my school has a much more laid back environment and I find it to be stress free even during the high stressful periods of finals and midterms. I believe that my school is much close to my house compared to other schools, and I have my school to also be more resourcefull.

They have a great Art and Film program and I was interested in both. Everyone seems to be very open hearted and minded and there is great amount of diversity to be seen all around the campus. The size of the school isn't too big or too small and provides a good ratio balance between teachers and students.

The students and faculty at the school are very open to unique ways of thinking. That is to say, most people are liberal and they welcome people who have their own opinions. Additionally, you are not expected to have the same concrete thoughts that others have. Abstract thinking is encouraged.

The thing that hooked me about CSU Long Beach was the campus. It is beautiful. There are plenty of trees and grassy areas that are nice for lounging in between classes. The brick buildings really stand out next to all the greenery. Also, my grandmother attended California State Long Beach.