California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

Long Beach State is a fascinating school and it has a culture of it's own. The students, faculty, and staff are extremely friendly and supportive. There is something on this campus for everyone. You have your fraternities and sororities, cultural groups, dance teams, sports teams, student government, and most importantly if you are not happy with the organizations out there, you can create your own! Long Beach State is not only a place to achieve academically, but it is also a place to create beautiful memories with lifelong friends. you can call family.

When I talk about my school, I brag about the limited space or the accepting of applicants. Many people are rejected from this University, and it makes me feel as though though the University is truly searching for those with potential. I also brag about the professors that teach within the school. Though, they are all highly educated, there are a few that stand out for their success. To name a few, Professor Karanga invented Kwanzaa, Erin Grumwell who is known for her teaching methods. Also, to name a few alumni's: Steve Martin and Steven Spieldberg.

When people ask me what college I attended, I immediately respond "GO BEACH!" If they don't already know I went to CSULB, then they do now. Long Beach state takes pride in their school spirit and it is definitely shown everywhere on campus. I still wear the sweaters, carry around my "I love LB" recycled bag, and still go to Dirtbag Baseball games. I also tell friends that I have met some really interesting people who continue to amaze me with their knowledge and heart. The experiences and memories still continue as I am getting my Masters Degree.

I tell my friends that Cal State University of Long Beach is a beautiful campus. The campus has a Japanese Garden that can be used for weddings, tours, or just to relax. There's a blue pyramid that is used for sports game. In the years I was attending the Volleyball team would win most of the games. The school has many competitive programs, such as the nursing, criminal justice, social worker, and so on. In 2002, the school was rank the third place for being the best public school in the west coast.

I would talk to them about how easy it is to meet people who share similar interests as I did, in order to show them that in a school like Cal State Long Beach, loneliness is a choice. Trust me, I am a big gamer but also introverted, so I thought that it would be difficult to get along with people who are more outgoing and adventurous than I am. However, after one semester here, I have been able to make a couple of friends out of mutual interests, as well as the interactivity of the courses offered here.

When i brag about my school, I brag about the multi-culture environment. Cal State Long Beach is fortunate enough to have a diverse amount of students who attend the campus. This diversity provides a proper representation of all the cultures and ethnicities around the world. Having people from different backgrounds promotes a sense of togetherness around campus. I have friends from around the world and it has given me a new found appreciation for the differences and similarities between human beings.

I brag about the Learning Alliance program that I am in, where I had classes with the same people during my freshman year, to help me transition into college. The program provides me with academic advising, and the friends that I have met there motivate me to do well in my classes. I keep an intellectual correspondence with some of the friends that I have met there. But I would like to say that because of Learning Alliance, I have a new found love for Philosophy, of desiring to obtain knowledge.

Although the campus is very large, you don't feel unnoticed. I tend to brag most about the location of the school, being near the beach, and the people i've met while i've attended. The beach is my home away from home and the area is so nice if you enjoy city life. I've met some great people that will be friends for life while at Long Beach, most of which were through living in the dorms on campus. It was the best experience that i've had thus far.

California State University, Long Beach is said to be one of the top universities in the nation. The professors are all professionals in the subject they teach. For example, I am in the communicative dissorders department and my instructors are practicing speech pathologists, some with their doctorate degree. Often times, the professors provide students with examples from their current practice that relates to the material being discussed in class.

WHAT I BRAG ABOUT THE MOST WHEN I TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT MY SCHOOL ARE THE AMAZING TEACHERS THAT WE HAVE HERE. I CAN GLADLY TELL THEM ABOUT THE WAY MY CLASSES ARE RUN. USUALLY, THEY HEAR ME TALK A LOT ABOUT THE PROFESSORS THAT I HAVE AND HOW I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD NOT FIND INSTRUCTORS THAT CARED FOR OUR LEARNING IN COLLEGE. NEVERTHELESS, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED GREAT PROFESSORS WHOSE MAIN GOAL IS TO GUIDE US ON OUR WAY TO SUCCESS.