California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

The worst thing I consider about our school is that the school is a communter school , which leads people to believe that the diversity among each other doesnt change and that it is proned to help out the students in the community rather than other prospective students looking for something new. The prospective non local students feel that they are outcasted, but the students get embraced when they come from afar.

The worst thing about my school is that students do not really take the time to appreciate the campus itself. CSULB has been labelled a commuter school, encouraging students to leave after classes. However, the campus is beautiful and boasts amazing scenery with tables and benches for students to enjoy the vegetation, if only they would take the time to sit and enjoy it.

The worst thing is that the school is quite open, and when it rains it is a little hard to maneuver through the school. Thankfully in Caliornia it does not rain too much so that is a good thing. Also, the air conditioning in some classrooms is too much. It feels like a freezer. Some classes ill be hot and others will be cold. One gets used to it after all though.

I consider parking to be the worst thing at my school because even though California State University, Long Beach, has a lot of parking lots, all the student parking lots are located in the far back of the school. All of the closer spots to the school always fill up early, so if you want a good parking space, you need to wake up early for it.

For such a big campus, I believe there should be more space to study. There have been times where I wanted to find a nice spot to study and could not find one. The library is 5 stories with a basement and even with that I still have trouble looking for spots to relax and study at. The library gets filled very quickly, especially around noon.

Parking! It may sound silly however the price of a parking pass continues to increase yet there are not enough spots to accomadate everyone. It seems a little silly to me. I understand and see the campus trying to take action by offering a free bus pass as well as off campus parking shuttles however they are not accpmadating to everyone.

I would say that the school is somewhat overpopulated and so parking and classes are hard to find. They were expanding the parking structure when I graduated so I hope it has helped out the students. However, the population of the school is very high compared to the classrooms, computer labs, studying areas, etc that it offers.

In my opinion, I don't feel that there is nothing bad about the school I attend. There are some things that I didn't expect, like the competition for classes and how much they expect from you as a student, but then again I feel that it helps you prepare for the real world and the teachers aren't there to spoon feed you.

The budget cuts have really impacted our school causing many classes to be cancelled if they ware not full. I feel that this is probably the worst thing about my school because it makes it difficult for students get the classes they want. It's also not fair that our tution goes up yet our classes go down.

The worst thing about my school is that it is a commuter school. Not a lot of people are interested in making friends because they leave cmapus directly after class. It would be nice if the campus wasn't located directly in the middle of a huge intersection also, it makes for a lous, noisy environment.