California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is outgoing, studious and love to get involved. I believe CSULB has a lot of free-spirited students. A lot of the students here still enjoy college life while studying and attending classes. Many students enjoy their college experierence by getting involved in the various clubs, organziations, and events on campus. Professors are available during their office hours and tutoring are open for students to get help. So anyone who attend this school should be confident because the person can work toward what they want while enjoying college.

Someone who wants to feed their brain for practical reasons such as improving short term job prospects and long term career growth or someone who wants to simply feed their soul. Long Beach is one of the most vibrant, culturally diverse and demographically varied cities in the nation. That fascinating diversity is reflected in CSULB's harmony of educators, students and physical settings . As well as being one of the most affordable, well-regarded colleges in the nation, CSULB is the kind of college both the 'A student' and uncertain 'C student' can feel comfortable in.

This is a very large school, so prospective students should look forward to a huge pool of fellow students who could be friends or acquaintances. There are many clubs and activities going on around school and you're sure to find something which interests you. The campus itself is very attractive and has plenty of areas in which just to hang out, eat, or study. The campus is quite huge, though, and you'll feel dwarfed by it at times. With all this in mind, social people who are looking for some fun and education should attend Long Beach.

Someone driven, goal-oriented, and social. Long Beach State University is a university full of talented professors who truly care about their students and want them to do well, but only if the students truly put an effort into their studies. It is a university for students who care about their education and plan on thriving in whatever it is they choose to do, no matter what it is. The limitless amount of clubs and organizations unite the student body so everyone has a memorable, worthwhile experience, both in the classrooms and out.

I think this school is perfect for students who have an idea of what they want to major in. Even if that idea is vague on campus advisors can help you find ways to apply yourself in the field of your choice. It is an amazing school if your going into the science fields and plan on going into graduate studies since the percent of students that get into grad school is quite high. Since many industrial and geographically important areas are near by you can experience, through internships and field trips, a glimpse of your future job.

Some who is willing to take the time to involve themselves into their school and capable of being professional and also social, both on and off-campus. You have to be able to adapt to meeting people from all over the world, as well as accept the massive diversity that this school has to offer. Due to the melting pot nature of this university, you have to be receptive to new ideas and perspectives, because not every single student grew up under the same conditions. It's also a great place for people who love coastal climates!

Any kind of person. This school has an extremely diverse student body. Every race, every gender, every age group attends this college. Over 30,000 students take classes at CSULB so it seems as if it would be very impersonal but within a student's major, one quickly starts to get to know others. There are a lot of opportunities to connect both with students on campus and the faculty. I have enjoyed every class that I have taken at the school and would highly recommend this college­­lovingly referred to as the Beach!

The type of person who should attend CSULB is a type of student who is open minded and looking for a diverse experience. There are all types of different activities, clubs, and atmospheres to engage your-self in. I joined ASI my first year, and I loved and still love every moment of it. ASI can really help as real world experiences. This person should also be a go getter, because the competiton to get in some of the rigorous major programs are hard to get into, but really worth the fight. They can secure you a job.

The kind of person that would attend this school are those who want a good education from a university, but doesn't have a whole lot of funding. Cal State Long Beach is really great on it's value when it comes to the quality of the education for it's price. Even though tuittion at a university will always be more expenseive than a junior college, Cal State Long Beach has the best value compared to other state colleges. Also, my school has an excellent Nursing Program for those looking to pursue in this field.

A person attending this school should be open-minded. The campus is very diverse and you will encounter many people from many different places with many different appearances and social practices. In addition, you must like living in a big city environment. Long Beach is near Los Angeles and is surrounded by other cities and many, many people. Finally, as with any school, you must be willing to work hard and focus when needed. After all, what you put into your education is what you will get out of it.