California State University-Long Beach

« See more reviews of California State University-Long Beach

The best thing about Long Beach State was building the relationships with other students and faculty. Especially when you find your degree, and your future job profession, you will definitely build connections with the people that share the same desire with you. There is the study groups, fraternaties, sororities, academic societies, clubs, and the student union that tries to bring everyone together. What I also noticed through all my years at LB state was that the faculty was very patient, personable, and taught with passion. I was lucky enough to have met so many people throughout my years in school.

California State University Long Beach is extremely diverse; the institution accommodates the large diversity, in such a way that minorities like myself are reassured that we will find success. I was amazed to find that as a female going into the field of engineering, not only was I accepted here, I was welcomed. Here I am equal. As I started to join engineering associations-like the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers- I was asked to take on leadership positions. The fact that many engineering groups here on campus are headed by successful women is very encouraging as a minority.

The best thing about my school are the resources they provide. This school has plenty of resource centers that help students suceed during their time attending CSULB. This school provides the students with many resourece centers such as the undergraduate advising center, scholarship center, career development center, tutoring centers, and so much more. Graduating on time has been hard on many undergraduate students but with the resources CSULB provides, it helps us graduate on time. Also, these resource centers provide are free for students which is always a great thing!

I love the diverse, friendly, and student-orientated environment my campus provides for its students and faculty. I truely believe CSULB offers tremendous support for its students academically and socially. I went to a small K-12th grade high school in a square mile radius low-income city. The transition to a well-known university with a population of over 30,000 students was simple. The professors, students, and resources at CSULB made it possible for me to feel lucky that I am a part of that campus instead of giving up! I The campus life is unique and exciting!

CSULB (The Beach) is making my future actually become a reality. I want to transform into a film director, and before I can do that I have to have experience in the field. The Beach not only allows me to learn about directing, cinematography, writing screenplays, and learning how to budget myself; but it gives me the hands on experience that will be the most valuable asset when I hand in my resume to intern at the CW, NBC, Universal Studios, Sony Studios and the like. CSULB is my past wish, my present reality, and is furthering my future career.

I consider the best thing at my school is the hospitality . When I first join the student government, my advisor and the team welcome me with open arms and lunch. I was surprise at my initiation to the team; food seem like a bribe to join. However, as time goes by, I learn the team was very generous not only among the team but to our peers. We created events that supported the student body to improve their educational and social experience, such as a new 24 hour library policy and rallies against the increase of our tutition.

The best thing about Long Beach State is the "Beach Pride." Students all around campus can be seen sporting their Beach gear and showing their pride at sporting event and around campus. There is a sense of closeness and community when it comes to Long Beach State. It is a place that is, " for the students, by the students" and this can be seen through camus programming. The Beach is one of the most spirited campuses in the CSU system and the enthusiasm for The Beach continues to grow. As past President Maxson says, "Go Beach!"

Besides what I have already mention in the earlier question, my school has an amazing atmosphere. No one in discriminated by their color, race, gender, or sexual preference. As a Latina, I have been treated with the respect and generosity I should be treated with. The wonderful atmosphere of freedom allows students to demonstrate to the rest of their school their ideas and opinions which is a great way for students to develop as professionals, which is why students attend college in the first place, to become professionals.

I love the atmosphere of my school and the attitude the students and teachers bring to the school. This atmosphere is unreal in which so many people seem to love Long Beach as much as I do. I feel very optimistic in classes and life as well as satisfied with how well involved in school. Many unique personalities give our school a great vibe. The students are really friendly, but most importantly are willing to go out of their way to help others. Strangers are willing to talk to each other and friends are made like that.

The academic services/advising do a great job in helping the students. I think that this is one of the most important resources in this school or any school. The people in academic advising help the students choose their classes. This is a great aid because students will be able to see what are they classes they need for general educatioon and for their major. Without this advising students would be lost and not kknow what to do. The faculty at Cal State Long Beach want you to succeed and have a long life career.