California State University-Monterey Bay Top Questions

Yvonne

I wish I would have known how to write a proper resume because I really did not know how to write one the correct way. But luckily at this school they have career counselors who can help you organize your schedule and your future internships and jobs.

I wish I knew how easy it was to be so lazy with no parental guidance telling you to get up in the morning, clean your clothes, make sure you eat healthy. But now I understand after the first year, it is easy to gain weight and lose track of time and money. So this year I plan on managing my time and money well and make sure I do my work and stay in shape at all times.

Daisy

The only thing i would have known about the school is the different ways to get to the college. i reaized that i can come in from salinas to monterey on a different road instead of coming straight from Watsonville. now i know the different highways to get to the school.

Lin

I wish I had known what the difference was between state schools and other universities. I would have liked to research more before I made my decision to go to Monterey Bay. I would have looked up the weather of Monterey Bay more and looked at the community around the campus, since the campus is far away from any neighoring cities. Definitely look into what major you want to go into before you attend and meet some of the professors. Talk to current students and ask them their honest opinon.

Stephen

I wish I had known how much I would have loved it! I was nervous the first day, but I am so happy here. Small class sizes, great professors, community spirit, and a great campus.

Maren

Before attending CSU Monterey Bay, I would have like to know more about the main facilities on campus. It is important to tour prospective schools and ask about housing, dining options, and the research work occuring in your department of study. I also would have liked to know more about the surrounding area and local recreational activites that are commonly engaged in.

How intense some classes can be and not to over load your schedule.

Borden

There is too much bureaucracy and standards are not consistent with many other CSUs.

Mary

how much partying actually went on at the school

Molly

That it was not very open to relgion and that there is little faith-based activities on-campus

I wish I would have known about the limited amount of things to do in Monterey. I wish I would have known about all the requirements necessary to graduate.