Sacramento, CA
California State University-Sacramento

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Sacramento

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the students. I think their is a group for club for everyone if you activley look for one. I loved the availabilty of study spot such as the AIRC which is open 24 hours for students to study. During finals there are always programs where they give away free merchandise to assist you in getting through finals.

I would tell myself that when looking to transfer to a four year college from a junior college it it important to look into things such as class requirments and whether you will be taking more classes to meet your general education requirement. i would also tell myself to look into what major are impacted at this school and determine if it this school is worth being there a little longer than I expected. Most of all i would tell myself to really research each school based on a number of different factors not just the location and whether other people want to go there. Remember that this is very much a personal decision that needs to be made on your own for yourself.

The type of person who should attend is more outgoing and knows what they want. This school is a commuter school so you have to activley find friends. This school is also very large with big class sizes so it is easy to get lost amongst the large amount of students. You have to be your own advocate to get what you want out of college here.

Skylar

The campus is larg with a very diverse population, and it is a beautiful sight witnessing all the colorful trees during the fall.

The diversity and friendliness of people here were two factors that I didn't find much of in other schools I considered.

To my high school senior self, it's okay to be afraid of the new experiences you're about to enconter, but don't let it stop you from putting yourself out there and trying new things. You're more ready for this process than you give yourself credit for and you'll be fine. The transition is a little rough in the beginning, but it isn't impossible and it gets easier. Take into consideration the advice you recieve from those who are sending you their best wishes, and always carry their wise words with you. You are about to embark on something that is a rare opportunity for others around you, so don't take these years, or your education, for granted. When things get tough, and they will get tough, always remind yourself of why you're getting your degree, and think of the people who have helped you get to this point of your life and let that be your motivation. You've conquered four years of highschool and now you're on to bigger and better things, keep chasing your dreams no matter how crazy it seems, it'll be worth it in the end.

I believe that my school is best known for the education club that it has. This club is huge and is a great way to make connections for your future as a teacher. This club is a branch of the California teachers club. They arrange book drives for local schools as well as raising money for the local schools in need. They even go to schools and offer tutoring to students and help out with fundraisers at the schools.

I would tell myself to listen to what I want to do in life. My college days will take me longer because I did not listen to myself. When I transfered to Sac State I switched my major from biology to education. This switch put me alittle behind but it is what I truely want to do in my life. If only I would have continued with my education plan I would be almost done instead of having two more years minimum to go. I also would tell myself to not give up. Yes college can be hard but in the end, when I get to finally hold that diploma, it will be worth it all. I also wish that I was able to get even one scholarship for school so I did not have to work so many hours to pay for it. But no matter what, in the end it is all worth it because I will get to educate the future of this country. So I would tell myself to live for the future and no matter what keep going because it's worth it in the end.

The best thing about Sac State is the environment. My advisor is amazing and so helpful and the teachers are very interesting in helping each student do their best. The other students are great too. Everyone is very friendly and act like they have known you forever, even if they have only been talking to you fir a couple minutes. This campus has a warm and home like environment that is refreshing to be in.

Jazmine

I am so proud of you for taking care of your education and wanting to better yourself for a better future you have done a great job. Get involved with school and I can't express how important it is to keep applying for scholarships and get your A game on. Worry about your junior year grades those are what make all the difference. Never forget that High school is just the end of the beginning of an even bigger goal. Don't stress about people just keep your mind on the goal and all will go well.

A student willing to complete higher education and take control of their education

Students who do not care for their education. No motivation to take classes or get a degree

The campus is very well organized and is extremely beautiful. The class sizes are not overwhelmingly big so it allows for student-faculty interaction and keeps the professors work load lighter so students can better communicate with them.

As a highschool senior I would have told myself to slow down and enjoy life a little bit more. The first year of transitioning into college is hard but is a lot easier if you are not stressed out about it. It is important to establish good friends that you can keep through the whole time of getting your degree. If you are stressed out about being number 1 in everything then you will miss out on some great experiences and friends. Always pay attention in class and keep track of your assigments and stay on top of your work load but do not be so stressed that you don't enjoy your initial college experience.

The best thing about this school is the amount of resources available to students. For almost any problem or need that a student has there is a solution through some sort of resource that the campus has to offer.

Wyatt

The majority of my classmates are both fun loving and focused on school work. Study groups are easy to arrange and are never boring. It's easy to comunicate my ideas and share while in these study groups and in class for that matter. In these study groups I have made some friendships that will last a life time.

CSUS is a very accesible and fun school. It is easy to find your way through campus and if you do get lost the people are friendly enough to show you where to go. There are a lot of oppurtunities for networking in the indutry with the numerous job fairs throughout the semesters and the career center on campus is very helpful with this. CSUS also has one of the best Electrical Engineering programs around. A program so good that you are basically guaranteed a job after you graduate. CSUS was an easy choice for me.

College is a lot different than high school even though it may not seem so at first. You can't just wait to cram for a test the night before; if you do you won't learn end up learning anything and you won’t end up doing well in the course. In high school you could just skate by that way, now you will need to actually pick up and study the book A LOT! College is the real deal you need to do your best because if you fail a course that is your money that you wasted. Even though you have to focus a lot on your studies don’t let that take over your entire college experience. Give yourself time to relax and meet plenty of new people. Here you will form friendships that will last a lifetime. Do not shrug off cooking it will save you a lot of money and keep you healthier. Too many college students begin to rely on eating out and it is detrimental to their health and their wallets. Lastly cherish these years they will be the best of your life if you do not make the common mistakes.

Andrea

I would advise Sac State for students who are local and want the best educational pay off for their financial contribution.

When I attended Sac State the parking and traffic was by far the worst issue with the school. As a student who is just trying to get to class on time, you had to master the art of "hawk-hood" to find a spot, or allow a good hour before class to grab a stop that was most likely 6 miles away from your class.

Nolan

I would advise myself to take the AP classes my senior year of high school that my professors offered me rather than taking the easy way out because it was my senior year. The credits I would have earned toward college would have made my life much easier, and the knowledge I would have gained from the more difficult classes would have helped me in my other classes. Also, I would have told myself to figure out a major earlier in my college career rather than taking random classes that ended up not mattering towards my degree. I was told not to worry about a major, and that it would come to me. As it happens, I changed my major multiple times before ending up with a double major in Philosophy and Biology. I am now in law school and I don't use either major. I should have just picked something and finished school quicker so I could save money and move on with my life.

The worst thing about the school is the communication with other schools in the California State program. A friend of mine who transferred from San Diego State was told by both administrations that his credits would transfer, but when it came time for him to graduate, Sacramento State would not allow some of his credits to transfer and he has had to attend multiple extra semesters making up for those units.

People who live in Sacramento who do not want to stray too far from home should attend CSUS. Also, students seeking a degree in Criminal Justice or Nursing will be hard pressed to find a better University in Northern California.

Sergio

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I think I would have to have a serious talk with myself about my education. I already knew what I wanted to be, but I didn’t do enough research about it before I started applying to colleges, and I feel this was a huge setback. I would tell myself to look for the school with the highest graduation rates in my major, and with a higher number of students going on to Med School. I would also warn the past version of myself that this is not going to be easy, and that for my first semester I should take some easier classes since I’m not ready for this change in teaching methods. I didn’t find out until it was too late, that the requirements, expectations, and testing are extremely different from what I was used to in High School. But what is most important, I would remind myself that this is just one step to obtaining my goal, and I should treat it as such, and rather than wasting time, I should learn about what it takes to get into Med School.

Students who want to go into criminal justice or are still undecided about what they want to do. There is enough diversity in the classes for someone who is undecided to find a major, and acoording to some frineds, the criminal justice program is one of the best in all of California.

I think that the worst thing about my school is that since it is not that difficult to get in, there are a lot of people who don't care much about their education but still take the classes that other students need. There aren't enough classes for the quantity of studnets, and there are times when you have to try repeatedly to get into a class before you finally get in.

Keeyah

I would tell myself to get more teacher recommendations, and to save money so that I could apply for more colleges. Because money was tight, I could only apply to about 3-4 colleges, when I really wanted to apply for 8-10. Also, I would tell myself to make sure that I do good on the ELM and EPT. That way I could've passed both and never had to take remedial math or English.

A person who is going to be dedicated to do their best, and that has a mindset to graduate on time, is the kind of person who should attent this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. Sometimes I have to park really far from campus, that it makes me just want to get back in my car and drive home.

California State University-Sacramento administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.