Sacramento, CA
California State University-Sacramento

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Sacramento

The best thing that I would say about Sac State are its professors. Granted, there are some bad apples in the bunch, but overall, specifically in the Criminal Justice department, you will find a mass of very esteemed professors who have a wide range of experience in the Criminal Justice field.

Find the best envrionment to learn and grow in, specifially, living space wise. Take all the financial opportunity that you can get, and, find some good friends. The fall backs of this school are not that great as to that you cannot ignore them, so focus on the great aspects of what college in general has to offer. You will hear a lot of opinions, and you can determine what you agree with by listening to it all. Don't close your mind to anything.

I feel there is a disconnect between the administrators and the students when it comes to finances, and that there isn't a very strong and proud student community that sticks up for itself. Recently, there was a vote to extend the gym, but it would raise everyone's tuition by around $200. I found this ridiculous; there are many aging class halls that need renovating, and the gym is brand new by around 2 years. However, I saw little student outburst against this claim.

Greg

Somewhat standoffish at first but will warm up over time.

Somewhat standoffish at first but will warm up over time.

College provides numerous benefits for you. Take a deep breath before you enter your first college classroom. The instructor will do his/her best to try and weed out the uncommitted bunch of students by scarring them with what is expected in the upcoming semester. Believe in yourself and do not be afraid to remind yourself that everything will all work out to your benefit. I know that stress is hard to control when you first write a college style paper. Even with the sharp criticism, remember that the words your classmates and instructor will put on your paper are there to make you better. Remember to give yourself time throughout the semester to enjoy yourself. Go on dates, get a part time job, keep busy in all the busyness. This will only work to help you focus and keep a strict but sensible schedule. You are going for a good education, not an adequate one. Work efficiently and find a rhythm early on, so that the homework and studying will not collapse upon you. Your parents and family love you and are there for you when you need encouragement and help. Don’t give up, keep moving forward.

The over emphasis on white males being the problem for the worlds mistakes.

Christian

With the knowledge I obtained my first year of college, I would advise my highschool self three main takeaways. First, take high school seriously and actually read the books the teacher assigns. Not taking high school seriously led to a lack of preparation for college. My writing lacked clarity and I had poor study habits. I thought I could breeze through college like I did in high school, however, this was not the case. Unfortunately, I was put on academic probation my first semester of college. After being on academic probation I learned my second takeaway, time management. For example, creating a balanced schedule that emphasizes school as my number one priority. In addition, to complete each assignment on time and to the best of my ability. My third takeway is to practice and employ communication skills with diverse populations. Communication is vital in every field and career path, hence I am committed to mastering the art of communication to better prepare myself and guarentee success in my future endeavors and career.

The costs of all California State Universities increase every year, however Sacramento State's tuition remains amongst the nations lowest. This is important because it enables students to pursue a higher education without incurring immense debt. As tutition costs continue to escalate around the nation, numerous students are affected, especially minority lower-income students, consequently many are unable to complete their degrees and thus we bear witness to the low gradutaion rates of first generation college students. I am happy to know that... and feel appreciative of...

Sacramento State has an ineffective approach for marketing events and resources to their diverse student body. With more than 30,000 students at my school, it is easy to get lost in the maze of college perplexities. As I try to get more involved on campus I find it difficult to join clubs and organizations and attend scheduled events on campus that will benefit and contribute to my overall college expereince. Sacramento State is considered a commuter school. I constantly hear their struggles of exploring events too, I pondered, I dorm and struggle to find events how do they cope?

The best thing about my school was the diverse campus life. Sacramento is rated among the most culturally diverse cities in America, and the CSU campus is a reflection of that. There are numerous student organizations geared towards promoting community and recognition of diversity. Our classes acknowledged and accomodated diverse backgrounds, especially in Psychology. I appreciated the open-mindedness of our campus, our administration, and our professors. I believe most all students are able to find a community within the school, whether that be ethnic, academic, or activity based. I am grateful for my experience here.

College is the perfect time to learn about new things. So, follow your heart. Take dance classes. Take theatre classes. Learn a new language. Join clubs and go to sporting events. Now is the time to soak up life experiences before you turn down the road of a career, a family, and so on. Do what you love now. Work hard, and be proud of what you do. Yes, there will always be more you could have done, all your papers and your grades are very important, but you are only one person and this is your life. There is a balance to find in life between work and play. Make sure you acknowledge the importance of education, as well as the importance of your well being. And be nice to yourself: you are a smart, diligent, dedicated student who goes above and beyond what is asked of her. Try not to push your own expectations beyond what is feasible. You are good enough. Your friends and family are here to support you in whatever you choose to do, so let them and follow your dreams. This is the beginning of your life taking flight!

The worst thing about my school might be how impacted some of the major academic programs are. I did not experience this for myself, since I transfered from a community college before the Psychology BA program became impacted, but I understand it can be difficult to get classes and graduate on time. Meeting with your advisor early and often to plan your academic career at CSU Sacramento is the key to make sure you are on the right track and can graduate on time.

I would tell myself that when looking to transfer to a four year college from a junior college it it important to look into things such as class requirments and whether you will be taking more classes to meet your general education requirement. i would also tell myself to look into what major are impacted at this school and determine if it this school is worth being there a little longer than I expected. Most of all i would tell myself to really research each school based on a number of different factors not just the location and whether other people want to go there. Remember that this is very much a personal decision that needs to be made on your own for yourself.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the students. I think their is a group for club for everyone if you activley look for one. I loved the availabilty of study spot such as the AIRC which is open 24 hours for students to study. During finals there are always programs where they give away free merchandise to assist you in getting through finals.

The type of person who should attend is more outgoing and knows what they want. This school is a commuter school so you have to activley find friends. This school is also very large with big class sizes so it is easy to get lost amongst the large amount of students. You have to be your own advocate to get what you want out of college here.

Skylar

The campus is larg with a very diverse population, and it is a beautiful sight witnessing all the colorful trees during the fall.

The diversity and friendliness of people here were two factors that I didn't find much of in other schools I considered.

To my high school senior self, it's okay to be afraid of the new experiences you're about to enconter, but don't let it stop you from putting yourself out there and trying new things. You're more ready for this process than you give yourself credit for and you'll be fine. The transition is a little rough in the beginning, but it isn't impossible and it gets easier. Take into consideration the advice you recieve from those who are sending you their best wishes, and always carry their wise words with you. You are about to embark on something that is a rare opportunity for others around you, so don't take these years, or your education, for granted. When things get tough, and they will get tough, always remind yourself of why you're getting your degree, and think of the people who have helped you get to this point of your life and let that be your motivation. You've conquered four years of highschool and now you're on to bigger and better things, keep chasing your dreams no matter how crazy it seems, it'll be worth it in the end.

I believe that my school is best known for the education club that it has. This club is huge and is a great way to make connections for your future as a teacher. This club is a branch of the California teachers club. They arrange book drives for local schools as well as raising money for the local schools in need. They even go to schools and offer tutoring to students and help out with fundraisers at the schools.

The best thing about Sac State is the environment. My advisor is amazing and so helpful and the teachers are very interesting in helping each student do their best. The other students are great too. Everyone is very friendly and act like they have known you forever, even if they have only been talking to you fir a couple minutes. This campus has a warm and home like environment that is refreshing to be in.

I would tell myself to listen to what I want to do in life. My college days will take me longer because I did not listen to myself. When I transfered to Sac State I switched my major from biology to education. This switch put me alittle behind but it is what I truely want to do in my life. If only I would have continued with my education plan I would be almost done instead of having two more years minimum to go. I also would tell myself to not give up. Yes college can be hard but in the end, when I get to finally hold that diploma, it will be worth it all. I also wish that I was able to get even one scholarship for school so I did not have to work so many hours to pay for it. But no matter what, in the end it is all worth it because I will get to educate the future of this country. So I would tell myself to live for the future and no matter what keep going because it's worth it in the end.

Jazmine

I am so proud of you for taking care of your education and wanting to better yourself for a better future you have done a great job. Get involved with school and I can't express how important it is to keep applying for scholarships and get your A game on. Worry about your junior year grades those are what make all the difference. Never forget that High school is just the end of the beginning of an even bigger goal. Don't stress about people just keep your mind on the goal and all will go well.

A student willing to complete higher education and take control of their education

Students who do not care for their education. No motivation to take classes or get a degree

The campus is very well organized and is extremely beautiful. The class sizes are not overwhelmingly big so it allows for student-faculty interaction and keeps the professors work load lighter so students can better communicate with them.

As a highschool senior I would have told myself to slow down and enjoy life a little bit more. The first year of transitioning into college is hard but is a lot easier if you are not stressed out about it. It is important to establish good friends that you can keep through the whole time of getting your degree. If you are stressed out about being number 1 in everything then you will miss out on some great experiences and friends. Always pay attention in class and keep track of your assigments and stay on top of your work load but do not be so stressed that you don't enjoy your initial college experience.

The best thing about this school is the amount of resources available to students. For almost any problem or need that a student has there is a solution through some sort of resource that the campus has to offer.

Wyatt

The majority of my classmates are both fun loving and focused on school work. Study groups are easy to arrange and are never boring. It's easy to comunicate my ideas and share while in these study groups and in class for that matter. In these study groups I have made some friendships that will last a life time.

CSUS is a very accesible and fun school. It is easy to find your way through campus and if you do get lost the people are friendly enough to show you where to go. There are a lot of oppurtunities for networking in the indutry with the numerous job fairs throughout the semesters and the career center on campus is very helpful with this. CSUS also has one of the best Electrical Engineering programs around. A program so good that you are basically guaranteed a job after you graduate. CSUS was an easy choice for me.

College is a lot different than high school even though it may not seem so at first. You can't just wait to cram for a test the night before; if you do you won't learn end up learning anything and you won’t end up doing well in the course. In high school you could just skate by that way, now you will need to actually pick up and study the book A LOT! College is the real deal you need to do your best because if you fail a course that is your money that you wasted. Even though you have to focus a lot on your studies don’t let that take over your entire college experience. Give yourself time to relax and meet plenty of new people. Here you will form friendships that will last a lifetime. Do not shrug off cooking it will save you a lot of money and keep you healthier. Too many college students begin to rely on eating out and it is detrimental to their health and their wallets. Lastly cherish these years they will be the best of your life if you do not make the common mistakes.

California State University-Sacramento administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.