Sacramento, CA
California State University-Sacramento

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Sacramento

Sandra

My overall opinion of California Sate University, Sacramento is great for those that like nature. Very beautiful scenery, a lot of trees, the trees change colors along the seasons. There is a lot of events that you can enjoy, speakers, and there is a lot of help.

Andy

CSUS is a campus that expands over 300 acres with beautiful verdant spots to relax around every corner, the professors are extremely helpful and open-minded, and the facilities are extremely clean and comfortable to help student achieve the most successful learning and studying experiences.

Emanuel

Great commuter university in the city of trees with a diverse melting pot of races. Lots of clubs and activities along with many opportunities to be involved in any way, including research.

Ashia
Sac State has a great study abroad program

Sac State has a great study abroad program

One thing of value is the study abroad program on campus. With the study abroad program I was able to study abroad for 1 year in Japan. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity presented by the study broad program here at Sac State.

Jazmin
Sac State

Sac State

The campus is beautiful, and its location is great. There are a lot of people, but it's not too big or too small. The school could use some more classes though, because getting classes you want here is hard due to the big population. There are so many opportunities here and there is always something going on on campus.

Matthew

Loud-mouthed, over-confident, presumptuous, idealists with a terrible knack for raising their hands to comment on material they didn't bother to read.

We're best known for hosting one of the largest veteran student populations, being the hotbed for activism concerning student rights and education funding, and having very talented and experienced professors in the Government Department. However, it's largely recognized as a commuter school and has notariety for having no student or campus life.

Do not go to college right after high school. 4 months before your freshman year of college, you had to raise your hand to go to the bathroom and now you're going to make decisions to impact your life? I worked in the Philippines for two years after college and many of our foreign colleagues were German students. They take a gap year between high school and college and are assigned somewhere internationally to develop their sense of direction and maturity. When I initially met many of them, I would not have pegged them for being 19-20 years old based on how they carry themselves. Spend 6 months to a year working, travel a little bit, and spend some time deciding what will make you happy. College may not even be a good fit for you and that's totally okay. This isn't a race, take your time and enroll into school whenever you feel ready.

Find the best envrionment to learn and grow in, specifially, living space wise. Take all the financial opportunity that you can get, and, find some good friends. The fall backs of this school are not that great as to that you cannot ignore them, so focus on the great aspects of what college in general has to offer. You will hear a lot of opinions, and you can determine what you agree with by listening to it all. Don't close your mind to anything.

The best thing that I would say about Sac State are its professors. Granted, there are some bad apples in the bunch, but overall, specifically in the Criminal Justice department, you will find a mass of very esteemed professors who have a wide range of experience in the Criminal Justice field.

I feel there is a disconnect between the administrators and the students when it comes to finances, and that there isn't a very strong and proud student community that sticks up for itself. Recently, there was a vote to extend the gym, but it would raise everyone's tuition by around $200. I found this ridiculous; there are many aging class halls that need renovating, and the gym is brand new by around 2 years. However, I saw little student outburst against this claim.

Greg

Somewhat standoffish at first but will warm up over time.

Somewhat standoffish at first but will warm up over time.

College provides numerous benefits for you. Take a deep breath before you enter your first college classroom. The instructor will do his/her best to try and weed out the uncommitted bunch of students by scarring them with what is expected in the upcoming semester. Believe in yourself and do not be afraid to remind yourself that everything will all work out to your benefit. I know that stress is hard to control when you first write a college style paper. Even with the sharp criticism, remember that the words your classmates and instructor will put on your paper are there to make you better. Remember to give yourself time throughout the semester to enjoy yourself. Go on dates, get a part time job, keep busy in all the busyness. This will only work to help you focus and keep a strict but sensible schedule. You are going for a good education, not an adequate one. Work efficiently and find a rhythm early on, so that the homework and studying will not collapse upon you. Your parents and family love you and are there for you when you need encouragement and help. Don’t give up, keep moving forward.

The over emphasis on white males being the problem for the worlds mistakes.

Christian

With the knowledge I obtained my first year of college, I would advise my highschool self three main takeaways. First, take high school seriously and actually read the books the teacher assigns. Not taking high school seriously led to a lack of preparation for college. My writing lacked clarity and I had poor study habits. I thought I could breeze through college like I did in high school, however, this was not the case. Unfortunately, I was put on academic probation my first semester of college. After being on academic probation I learned my second takeaway, time management. For example, creating a balanced schedule that emphasizes school as my number one priority. In addition, to complete each assignment on time and to the best of my ability. My third takeway is to practice and employ communication skills with diverse populations. Communication is vital in every field and career path, hence I am committed to mastering the art of communication to better prepare myself and guarentee success in my future endeavors and career.

The costs of all California State Universities increase every year, however Sacramento State's tuition remains amongst the nations lowest. This is important because it enables students to pursue a higher education without incurring immense debt. As tutition costs continue to escalate around the nation, numerous students are affected, especially minority lower-income students, consequently many are unable to complete their degrees and thus we bear witness to the low gradutaion rates of first generation college students. I am happy to know that... and feel appreciative of...

Sacramento State has an ineffective approach for marketing events and resources to their diverse student body. With more than 30,000 students at my school, it is easy to get lost in the maze of college perplexities. As I try to get more involved on campus I find it difficult to join clubs and organizations and attend scheduled events on campus that will benefit and contribute to my overall college expereince. Sacramento State is considered a commuter school. I constantly hear their struggles of exploring events too, I pondered, I dorm and struggle to find events how do they cope?

The best thing about my school was the diverse campus life. Sacramento is rated among the most culturally diverse cities in America, and the CSU campus is a reflection of that. There are numerous student organizations geared towards promoting community and recognition of diversity. Our classes acknowledged and accomodated diverse backgrounds, especially in Psychology. I appreciated the open-mindedness of our campus, our administration, and our professors. I believe most all students are able to find a community within the school, whether that be ethnic, academic, or activity based. I am grateful for my experience here.

College is the perfect time to learn about new things. So, follow your heart. Take dance classes. Take theatre classes. Learn a new language. Join clubs and go to sporting events. Now is the time to soak up life experiences before you turn down the road of a career, a family, and so on. Do what you love now. Work hard, and be proud of what you do. Yes, there will always be more you could have done, all your papers and your grades are very important, but you are only one person and this is your life. There is a balance to find in life between work and play. Make sure you acknowledge the importance of education, as well as the importance of your well being. And be nice to yourself: you are a smart, diligent, dedicated student who goes above and beyond what is asked of her. Try not to push your own expectations beyond what is feasible. You are good enough. Your friends and family are here to support you in whatever you choose to do, so let them and follow your dreams. This is the beginning of your life taking flight!

The worst thing about my school might be how impacted some of the major academic programs are. I did not experience this for myself, since I transfered from a community college before the Psychology BA program became impacted, but I understand it can be difficult to get classes and graduate on time. Meeting with your advisor early and often to plan your academic career at CSU Sacramento is the key to make sure you are on the right track and can graduate on time.

California State University-Sacramento administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.