California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

Sacramento State University is best know fors its life-changing opportunity that it provides us , as students. This university offers a strong and diverse academic curriculum ,which include that of sixty undergraduate programs and forty graduate programs, as well as two joint doctorates. Its larger programs include that of teacher education, business, computer technology, criminal justice, psychology, and communication studies. Sac State has one of the largest cooperative education programs in California, placing students in paid positions where they receive academic credit. It remains the nation?s best higher education values, with student fees among the lowest in the nation.

Sacramento State is best known as a commuter school. Involvement at Sacramento State is either club affiliated or included in Greek Life. There are some sports that our school is known for such as the big foot ball game "The Causeway Classic". Otherwise in the sports department Sacramento State holds the summer qualifying competition for the Olympics. The school has done renovations to better accomodate for those Olympic trials. Sacramento State is considered a prestigious school for less the cost, at only a half hour away from U.C. Davis there is a lot of competition achedemically.

Located in the state capital, CSU Sacramento offers many opportunities for off-campus jobs and internships in government. The school has a large business department and an excellent career center that strives to give their students a head start in their fields of study while they are still attending college. Another thing I love about my school is the campus itself. Sacramento is known as "the city of trees" and the campus does not disappoint. The grounds are shaded by a canopy of trees throughout the year. Taking a stroll and watching the squirrels is my favorite way to relax.

Sacramento State University is the most diverse college in California, if not the United States. People come to the Sacramento to have the rare and exciting opprotunity to work at the State Capital and many students that attend Sacramento State come from all over the world. My school is growing into a large college campus with actively involved and motivated students. Our clubs such as the Associated Students Association, the Green Army, and our philanthropic Greek Community as a whole, just to name a few, are growing and making a difference in our local community and our world.

California State University at Sacramento used to be known for their student teacher ratios, and their student focus. I found this to be true in many of my classes, but only in those not related to my major. I majored in Speech Pathology and Audiology, and I found the classes to be massively bloated and the instructors overwhelmed. My graduating class had seventy-two students in it, which for some majors isn’t a big deal, however, in a social/science field like speech pathology where understanding of the basics of language development is essential smaller classes are needed.

CSU Sacramento has the best programs to choose from of all California. The top two would be Criminal Justice and the Business Programs offered. With these programs, they can get a person to very high parts in life regarding to their careers. The ability to learn past the basic college level of these subjects, are extrodinary. Just because of the fact that at this University, students can learn more than they ever expected of knowing. Programs like these, makes me feel greatly appreciated to be a student at California State University of Sacramento.

I believe our school is best known for the diversity of students on campus. There is a broad spectrum of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and age within the student body. To me this improves the overall atmosphere on campus because along with our course work we're also learning to coexist. We are given the opportunity to collaborate with people we may have never even met if it were not for attending this school. This awareness leads to acceptance, and this acceptance leads to a better human life experience for all of us now and in the future.

Sacramento State University is best known for its diverse campus, which provides a friendly environment. Although persons such as my roommate would argue that Sac state is best known for their computer sciences departments. According to a IT professor, Sac state has defeated many schools such as UC Davis. To top it of, every time I come home to Watsonville California and people ask me which school I attend, I say “CSUS and they look at me and say, “Wow! Sacramento has a very beautiful campus, but mostly I love the environment I feel like I am home.”

California State University of Sacramento has one of the best engineering programs out the CSU system. The number of students that graduate from their engineering program and get a job directly out of college is extremely high. Many of the top computer companies talk to the teachers at CSUS looking for students who do well in their classes as potential hires. There are also many top computer companies that have offices around the area and it makes it easier to find a job right out of, or even during college, either as an intern of full time.

As a student born and raised in Sacramento, Sacramento State has always been a part of my life as well as the lives of other locals. I went there for Academic Talent Search programs as elementary school students, my advanced placement program in high school held its summer courses there, and so on. To us locals it is usually half-jokingly referred to as our fallback plan. Personally, I chose Sac State because it is an excellent local option for someone who loves my hometown as much as I do. The lush trees provide a shaded canopy for my learning.