California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

Receiving a university education has never been easy. Tuition continues to increase, while financial burden becomes a serious struggle. For myself, college is a time to keep focus, requiring hard work and perseverance through a troublesome economy. I realize student experiences will differ, but when I see students sleeping in class and focusing on parties I feel education is not their top priority. I recommend future university students intend on receiving the best education possible and be ready to learn. Those who focus on a party lifestyle should wait until they are ready for the privilege of a higher education.

My experience at CSUS was vastly different them most students. The majority of my classes were speech classes which were unlike general education classes Sacramento State. For students looking to take Speech Pathology at Sacramento State I wouldn't recommend those who are quiet or working full time, due to the massive class sizes unless you speak up and make yourself noticed, either by taking part in extra program activities(usually done during working hours) or by spending excessive amounts of time in your instructors office, you wouldn't get the instruction needed to make a great Speech Pathologist.

School is not for everyone, and for those who do attend college, they must know that college comes with responsibilty, ambition, and organization. Students who decide to go to college with the mindset that it's all about fun and games, drinking and partying, should not go, because they are taking classes from other hard working students who have paved there way toward greatness, while students who slack off , take up classes in the education systems. Its hard enough that college tution is high and classes are filling up and now in California is continuously riasing.

A person does not need to attend Sac State only for a bachelor's or master's degree. They can attend if they are interested in taking a certain class because that is what they want to take away from their experience at this school. However, a person that commits to a college and wastes time by partying, etc., thinking they will still earn a high GPA, reflects a student that is not dedicated. Dedication is a commitment to spend most of one's free time into one's classes. Only through dedication can a person achieve their life goals.

The type of person who should not attend this University is one who has not yet figured out their career path or major. If they have no set aim at a target of their choice then they will be hoping around and wasting time money and more time just to figure out what they would like to pursue. We have about 30,000 people at our school and classes get filled up fast. If you plan on going to this school you have to take risks inorder to progress farther because compition is everywhere expecially in the most impacted majors.

I believe that any kind of person should attend this school. As a student from CSU Sacramento, it is understandable that some people may be tired of education or not care about it much, but this school has professors, student activities, clubs and programs that will give those people an opportunity to learn something about themselves. It has been an given opportunity for a poor Southeast Asian woman like me to build more confidence in myself and to learn about my fellow peers. So any one should attend this school!

If you are looking for a graduate student to teacher your class because your professor is too busy with his or her own research, don't go to CSUS. If you would like to sit among hundreds of other confused students while your professor hurriedly writes on the blackboard and never turns around to face the class once during lecture, then don't go to CSUS. If you don't like fun, interesting, and free lectures throughout the semester on a variety of cutting edge and current topics, then go somewhere other than CSUS.

Well it is a very diverse school and that is what I most enjoy about it. My first year was hard because I was shy but once I opened up I meet some really down to earth great people. This school may not be for the type of person who needs discipline or small class rooms. The class rooms are too big for class, which imposes problems with class participation. Someone who needs small class room and a good relationship with their teacher should not attend. I feel it is more for the independent student.

Sacramento State is a commuter school, so if you want a school where you can make tons of friends through dorms, or have an awesome football team and boatloads of school spirit, this isn't the school for you. Students just go to class and leave, and the quality of the dorms isn't very good . However, you can easily connect with other students by joining clubs that suit your interests, going greek, joining student government, etc. There is a sense of community, you have to go search for it harder.

Someone who is looking for "easy" classes should not attend Sacramento State. All of the classes that I have taken require hardwork and a complete understanding of the material. There is a definite increase in work compared to the high school and community college I attended. There are also many potential distractions which include parties, bars, clubs, sporting events, as well as other social events. Succeeding as a Sacramento State student requires focus, dedication, and good time-management.