California State University-Sacramento Top Questions

Do not go to college right after high school. 4 months before your freshman year of college, you had to raise your hand to go to the bathroom and now you're going to make decisions to impact your life? I worked in the Philippines for two years after college and many of our foreign colleagues were German students. They take a gap year between high school and college and are assigned somewhere internationally to develop their sense of direction and maturity. When I initially met many of them, I would not have pegged them for being 19-20 years old based on how they carry themselves. Spend 6 months to a year working, travel a little bit, and spend some time deciding what will make you happy. College may not even be a good fit for you and that's totally okay. This isn't a race, take your time and enroll into school whenever you feel ready.

Find the best envrionment to learn and grow in, specifially, living space wise. Take all the financial opportunity that you can get, and, find some good friends. The fall backs of this school are not that great as to that you cannot ignore them, so focus on the great aspects of what college in general has to offer. You will hear a lot of opinions, and you can determine what you agree with by listening to it all. Don't close your mind to anything.

Greg

College provides numerous benefits for you. Take a deep breath before you enter your first college classroom. The instructor will do his/her best to try and weed out the uncommitted bunch of students by scarring them with what is expected in the upcoming semester. Believe in yourself and do not be afraid to remind yourself that everything will all work out to your benefit. I know that stress is hard to control when you first write a college style paper. Even with the sharp criticism, remember that the words your classmates and instructor will put on your paper are there to make you better. Remember to give yourself time throughout the semester to enjoy yourself. Go on dates, get a part time job, keep busy in all the busyness. This will only work to help you focus and keep a strict but sensible schedule. You are going for a good education, not an adequate one. Work efficiently and find a rhythm early on, so that the homework and studying will not collapse upon you. Your parents and family love you and are there for you when you need encouragement and help. Don’t give up, keep moving forward.

With the knowledge I obtained my first year of college, I would advise my highschool self three main takeaways. First, take high school seriously and actually read the books the teacher assigns. Not taking high school seriously led to a lack of preparation for college. My writing lacked clarity and I had poor study habits. I thought I could breeze through college like I did in high school, however, this was not the case. Unfortunately, I was put on academic probation my first semester of college. After being on academic probation I learned my second takeaway, time management. For example, creating a balanced schedule that emphasizes school as my number one priority. In addition, to complete each assignment on time and to the best of my ability. My third takeway is to practice and employ communication skills with diverse populations. Communication is vital in every field and career path, hence I am committed to mastering the art of communication to better prepare myself and guarentee success in my future endeavors and career.

College is the perfect time to learn about new things. So, follow your heart. Take dance classes. Take theatre classes. Learn a new language. Join clubs and go to sporting events. Now is the time to soak up life experiences before you turn down the road of a career, a family, and so on. Do what you love now. Work hard, and be proud of what you do. Yes, there will always be more you could have done, all your papers and your grades are very important, but you are only one person and this is your life. There is a balance to find in life between work and play. Make sure you acknowledge the importance of education, as well as the importance of your well being. And be nice to yourself: you are a smart, diligent, dedicated student who goes above and beyond what is asked of her. Try not to push your own expectations beyond what is feasible. You are good enough. Your friends and family are here to support you in whatever you choose to do, so let them and follow your dreams. This is the beginning of your life taking flight!

I would tell myself that when looking to transfer to a four year college from a junior college it it important to look into things such as class requirments and whether you will be taking more classes to meet your general education requirement. i would also tell myself to look into what major are impacted at this school and determine if it this school is worth being there a little longer than I expected. Most of all i would tell myself to really research each school based on a number of different factors not just the location and whether other people want to go there. Remember that this is very much a personal decision that needs to be made on your own for yourself.

Skylar

To my high school senior self, it's okay to be afraid of the new experiences you're about to enconter, but don't let it stop you from putting yourself out there and trying new things. You're more ready for this process than you give yourself credit for and you'll be fine. The transition is a little rough in the beginning, but it isn't impossible and it gets easier. Take into consideration the advice you recieve from those who are sending you their best wishes, and always carry their wise words with you. You are about to embark on something that is a rare opportunity for others around you, so don't take these years, or your education, for granted. When things get tough, and they will get tough, always remind yourself of why you're getting your degree, and think of the people who have helped you get to this point of your life and let that be your motivation. You've conquered four years of highschool and now you're on to bigger and better things, keep chasing your dreams no matter how crazy it seems, it'll be worth it in the end.

I would tell myself to listen to what I want to do in life. My college days will take me longer because I did not listen to myself. When I transfered to Sac State I switched my major from biology to education. This switch put me alittle behind but it is what I truely want to do in my life. If only I would have continued with my education plan I would be almost done instead of having two more years minimum to go. I also would tell myself to not give up. Yes college can be hard but in the end, when I get to finally hold that diploma, it will be worth it all. I also wish that I was able to get even one scholarship for school so I did not have to work so many hours to pay for it. But no matter what, in the end it is all worth it because I will get to educate the future of this country. So I would tell myself to live for the future and no matter what keep going because it's worth it in the end.

Jazmine

I am so proud of you for taking care of your education and wanting to better yourself for a better future you have done a great job. Get involved with school and I can't express how important it is to keep applying for scholarships and get your A game on. Worry about your junior year grades those are what make all the difference. Never forget that High school is just the end of the beginning of an even bigger goal. Don't stress about people just keep your mind on the goal and all will go well.

As a highschool senior I would have told myself to slow down and enjoy life a little bit more. The first year of transitioning into college is hard but is a lot easier if you are not stressed out about it. It is important to establish good friends that you can keep through the whole time of getting your degree. If you are stressed out about being number 1 in everything then you will miss out on some great experiences and friends. Always pay attention in class and keep track of your assigments and stay on top of your work load but do not be so stressed that you don't enjoy your initial college experience.

Wyatt

College is a lot different than high school even though it may not seem so at first. You can't just wait to cram for a test the night before; if you do you won't learn end up learning anything and you won’t end up doing well in the course. In high school you could just skate by that way, now you will need to actually pick up and study the book A LOT! College is the real deal you need to do your best because if you fail a course that is your money that you wasted. Even though you have to focus a lot on your studies don’t let that take over your entire college experience. Give yourself time to relax and meet plenty of new people. Here you will form friendships that will last a lifetime. Do not shrug off cooking it will save you a lot of money and keep you healthier. Too many college students begin to rely on eating out and it is detrimental to their health and their wallets. Lastly cherish these years they will be the best of your life if you do not make the common mistakes.

Nolan

I would advise myself to take the AP classes my senior year of high school that my professors offered me rather than taking the easy way out because it was my senior year. The credits I would have earned toward college would have made my life much easier, and the knowledge I would have gained from the more difficult classes would have helped me in my other classes. Also, I would have told myself to figure out a major earlier in my college career rather than taking random classes that ended up not mattering towards my degree. I was told not to worry about a major, and that it would come to me. As it happens, I changed my major multiple times before ending up with a double major in Philosophy and Biology. I am now in law school and I don't use either major. I should have just picked something and finished school quicker so I could save money and move on with my life.

Sergio

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I think I would have to have a serious talk with myself about my education. I already knew what I wanted to be, but I didn’t do enough research about it before I started applying to colleges, and I feel this was a huge setback. I would tell myself to look for the school with the highest graduation rates in my major, and with a higher number of students going on to Med School. I would also warn the past version of myself that this is not going to be easy, and that for my first semester I should take some easier classes since I’m not ready for this change in teaching methods. I didn’t find out until it was too late, that the requirements, expectations, and testing are extremely different from what I was used to in High School. But what is most important, I would remind myself that this is just one step to obtaining my goal, and I should treat it as such, and rather than wasting time, I should learn about what it takes to get into Med School.

Keeyah

I would tell myself to get more teacher recommendations, and to save money so that I could apply for more colleges. Because money was tight, I could only apply to about 3-4 colleges, when I really wanted to apply for 8-10. Also, I would tell myself to make sure that I do good on the ELM and EPT. That way I could've passed both and never had to take remedial math or English.

The good news; you were right about going directly into a community college because of no financial support from your parents. The bad news; you've been going to the same community college for the last 10 years. You need to complete the courses at a faster rate instead of being stuck as a "lifer"/2-3 courses every quarter. Use the online courses; they will save you gas, time, and frustration with slow students/droll professors. Oh, and don't buy that brand new motorbike, even if it does get you to school on time; it gets stolen one year later and you become financially ruined and it takes you the next 7 years to dig your way out of the chain reaction of financial debt that it causes.

College will be some of the best years of your life. I know you want to graduate as early as possible because you think that will help you be more successful in the long run. Knowing what I know now, I would advise you not to rush. Instead, college is the perfect time to explore your options. Take your electives as a chance to discover what you want in a career. Meet as many people as you can. Some of these people will become life-long friends and others will provide a professional network for you in the future. Take advantage of internships and opportunities that are offered to you as a college student. Explore and find possibilities for yourself as well. People are willing to help. Also, find a good job before the economy crashes. It will be hard to find them after. Overall, just remember to stay focused, work hard and enjoy the good times.

Janie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school .I would have told myself to consider the distance from my house to the college. I would have also told myself to do my own research and not listen or follow my friend to the college they wanted to go to. I would have prepared for twice the work would have plan on the place I was going to be standing. I would have fill my fafsa early so I could get work study. I would have join organization in high school so I would have been experience to join the college organization. I would have train myself in time management. I would have train myself in money management. I would have used all my resource to better myself for the college life. I would have told myself to sign up for as many scholarships so did not have to pay for the dorm room. I would have save my money up to have reliable transportation to college and back home. I would have tried harder to find a job when I was in high school. Also put myself on a schedule.

Jasmin

Hello high school me, make sure to take more AP classes and do better than ''okay'' on the AP exams so you could save money on classes you will eventually have to take, appreciate that it's all at no cost to you. Become more active and join some or at least one school club, colleges love when you're involved in school activities because it shows how well-rounded as an individual you are. Try to do some good and get some community service hours in there as well, it will also make you stand out on an application. Also, if you feel like your SAT,ACT, PERT, etc. scores were not all that good, then take it again! I know it's not fun taking them, but it's all worth it when you get into your dream school. And try to develop great organization skills now, because they will definitely benefit you as soon as you get to college and become bombarded with due dates and deadlines. And lastly, try to have fun, yet remain responsible of your school work. The true fun begins after you're awarded with your high school diploma!

The first piece of advice I would give to my high school self would be to look for a school that fits your hobbies, and that is similar to the type of area that you currently live in. I went from a small town in northern California to a college in a major city right on the ocean in southern California. The drastic community and life style change was too much for me to handle and I ended up transfering schools. I would also say that it is important to look at the majors and activities that each school you are considering offers, not just how prestigious of a college it is. If you can connect to your school you will enjoy your college experience as a whole a lot more than if you are just there to 'get in and get out'. Make friends, create memories, have some fun, and earn your degree in the process.

I would tell my high school self to consider three things before graduation: focus on an academic path, attend a community college for GE, and save every penny possible. Focusing on an academic path reduces the extra units you end up with after changing majors once, twice or three times, which I did. You cannot major in everything, so figure out what you excel in and what you are interested in. Be sure those interests will result in a productive and stable career once you graduate college. I love playing music, but the likelihood of being a rock star are slim to none. Second, attending a community college is great for saving money on units that will transfer to my school of choice later on. GE is GE whether taken at a community college or four year institution. Lastly, save as much money as possible while in college. Don't buy that new video game, gadget for the dorm room, or expensive steak dinner. Create a budget, and stick to it. Personal debt on top of school debt is a bad combination at graduation. Hopefully my high school self would be smart enough to consider these areas of thought.

I would give myself the advice to apply to many more colleges to give myself a better selection of options for college. It would have been really nice to have had a wider range of choices for my college schooling. I also would have advised myself to save money starting as soon as possible. I would have told my high school senior self to try to connect with other Freshman students at my college of choice to start networking and getting to know some people on the campus to make the transition easier.

I would tell myself that I do not have to worry about getting straight A's in all classes because not all subjects I will be able to master them 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. I would focus more on understanding the basics before I can move forward from there. In other words, I need to perform the best to my ability without comparing myself to other students based on who is the smartest of the bunch. I wish that I could be more involved since I focused too much on academics. Instead, I should have spend some time with friends outside of school. I make sure that my schedule is more flexible so I can take a break from studying and be more sociable. It will help me get to know people on a personal level instead of school only.

Edith

Dear High School Self, Knowledge is your foundation, and college is your stepping stone for a greater future. Remember your passions, strive for what you want, and refuse to settle for less. It is okay to welcome challenges, make mistakes, ask questions, and learn from them. Take big leaps because if you fall, you can always get back up and try even harder. Push your mind as there are no limits. Challenges leave room for failure, but failure gives you the opportunity to make improvements and continue growing as a student. In order to perform well, patience, perseverance, and positivity are essential. Trust in yourself. Achieve all the degrees of your dreams as they will open doors to a variety of satisfying employment opportunities. Most importantly, a degree shows that you are educable and committed to what you do. It also demonstrates your well-rounded academic intelligence and understanding of your profession. These are a few of the necessary skills developed in college that are greatly valued in the workplace. It is your responsibility to work towards a profession that will bring you lifelong happiness. Your college experiences will most certainly make a great impact in your future of success.

Igor

If I had the opportunity to go back and meet myself in high school I would tell my younger version of me two things. The first would be to take and pass as many Advance Placement exams and the second would be to start applying to scholarships as soon as possible.

I would tell myself not to worry so much about not knowing exactly what I want to do with my life. Many other people are just as lost and confused, and there's no shame in needing some time to get things figured out.

Josue

My advice to my high school self would be to learn time mangament, study skills, and how to manage a larger work load because these things are critical in college. If I had known how well I had to balance everything it would have been a much easier transition. Also, if I would have gained good study skills in high school it would be easier to keep up with all my college school work and be able to prepare myself better for tests, quizzes, and finals. Finally, if I knew in high school that the college workload is much higher it would've helped me my first semester because it caught realy off gaurd and took me a while to adapt causing me to catch up instead of staying caught up and do much better on assignments.

Frances

I would go back and tell myself not to screw up your first year of college beacuse of the lack of concentration that i put in my work. I was distracted by the stressful family issues that are hard to cope with. I should've told myself then that it may be like this for awhile but it means that I need to step it up and that it didnt affect me much. I should've definitely step up the role of being independent and it would show my parents that I can do it so they can believe in me and be proud.

Shanley

If I had the opportunity to speak with my high school self I would tell myself to make sure I took heed of the warnings others gave me. In my senior year of high school I was determined to immediately attend a four year college because I believed that is what I was supposed to do, however, many of my friends and family members told me I should save money and go to a community college first. I ignored their advice and moved right to a four year college and found myself spending a large amount of money for classes I did not necessarily need to take as by the time my orientation date arrived very few classes were left. I could have saved myself the unnecessary semester spent at a four year college and instead go directly to a community college, saving money, getting into the GE classes I actually needed, and cutting down on my commute time. I was very stubborn when I was in high school and only wanted to complete my education the way I saw fit; I now know that I should have taken the advice of people that have been in my position.

If I could go back to talk to my high school self, I would say don't rush into anything, like getting engaged. Although I learned a lot from being engaged at 18, such as I really am young and how could you support yourself? I would also like to tell my high school self to let things happen and go with the flow. I have had so many times, I was the "party pooper" not allowing myself one freedom. Life is too short to fret the small things in life, hold close the little moments, but realize the bigger scheme of things. I would also tell my high school self to start doing internships for Geology or any sort of internship early on in college. Those potenial internships will be really important when looking for a career.

To never give up and push yourself to excel in anything you put your mind to!

Reilly

If I were able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice about college and the transition process I would express the importance of time management! In high school there was always a teacher emphasizing when projects were due and handing out study guides for tests, in college I was dumbfounded when I realized teachers treat their students as adults. Also, I would advise my high school self to get the required textbooks early and read through them when I had spare time instead of wait a couple days before the first day of classes. I would tell myself that college is what you make it. It can be the toughest 4+ years of your life, or it can be the best thing to ever happen. College is a stepping stone into adulthood, so you should begin to act like an adult and manage your time wisely. Yes, you have limited class hours, but that means you need to use the time out of class to prepare and catch up on your work.

Get your act together and quit thinking of girls and going to Minnesota to play. No you didn't do so hot in high school but thats because you didn't put forth any effort. I can tell you now that you can get good grades if you put forth the effort. In the future you will be going to college when you are 60 years old. 60!! Do you really want to wait that long to start a career? My point is you aren't stupid you are just lazy. At 60 you will be getting some A's in school and that's with only your last twelve brain cells. Imagine what you can do now if you put your mind to it? Another piece of advice is that your first son will tell you about his idea to invest in .com names which will make no sense to you at all, but listen to him, he has a college degree and on this knows what he is talking about. Also, you will look into investing 10,000 into Mel Fisher's search for the 1715 Spanish for 1{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of their find, SEND THEM THE MONEY!!

Carrie

Believe in yourself. Yes, life has been difficult - but you have the determination and willpower to succeed. Break all of those big, seemingly unreachable goals into smaller steps. Take it one day at a time. Don't rush, but don't procrastinate either. Don't take on more than you can handle, you'll only end up taking on a bigger task down the road by doing so. Keep in contact with all of those people that are helping you complete high school now, you'll wish that you could still get a hold of them to thank them later. Continue to help others whenever possible; it's who you are and will make you a stronger person in the end. Remain optimistic, life is far too short to sweat the small stuff. And most importantly, remember that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Stay on the straight and narrow; you'll be happy you did in the end.

Krista

Well if I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely tell myself that I should go to college and not just put it on the back burner. I would tell myself that advancing my career would be beneficial to me as well as my family. I'm not saying that the road I chose wasn't a good one but in terms of an education I definitely think I would have benefited more from having one. I'm just now at the age of 30 going to college for the first time it’s definitely a new experience but I'm ready for it. I feel that this is one of the best choices I've made in my life.

Katrina

If I could give myself as a High School Senior it would have been to take a break before college. Jumping into college right after high school, I started off not taking it seriously. I dropped some classes, and even failed a few. The second year at my community college I realized I needed to shape up and get on task. Be organized and dedicated, and I finally made it to a 4 year CSU! So High School Seniors, PLEASE make sure your ready to settle down and get into the books cause no one (you, parents, teachers) want to waste time, money, gas and breathe on a unprepared student.

Chai

Chai, enjoy high school because once you go to college, you will have lots of bills to pay. Just kidding, but really though, save some money, you're going to need it in the future. Take time out of your day to explore new things that might interest you. Be willing to talk to strangers and make new friends, and I know that you don't talk to your teachers much, but you should. They are very helpful and can provide great advices in life, after all, they were once in your shoes as well. Your going to love college, it's the great learning and life experience that you have always wanted. The freedom, using your phone in class, haha, but pay attention though. Soak it in, marinate and enjoy.

BreAnna

As a young lady with autism, college was a dream for me. If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, I would inform my past self about some of the unexpected hardships I faced in college so that I could be better prepared and more ahead in my studies. First of all, everyone told me that college is much harder than high school but I had no idea what the definition of harder was. I would like to tell my past self that harder means that more material is covered in a semester, and require more study time. I would have also liked to know that college Chemistry is much more complicated than high school Chemistry. I took unneeded classes because I was originally planning on transferring to UC Davis. In conclusion, I would tell myself to make sure the disability accommodations include allowing the use of word processing software for essay questions. I went for a while before realizing that this accommodation was not in place and did not score as well on tests as I could have.

Stefany

My advise would be work really hard and appreciate everything in life, and also try to find scholarships and a job to pay for school and not give up easily.

Sheila

Stay in school, please. Avoid the heartache, stick it out and continue on to college. You ARE worthy and CAN attain the knowledge to make yourself into something BIG! You are intelligent, people throughout your college years will tell you this in various ways, over and over, so start saying it to YOURSELF and believe it! You will be able to provide so much more to your two daughters with a good education like you deserve. You're an amazing being, you can make it happen, now BELIEVE IT! I love you!

Miles

College is much harder than you initially thought. If you do not attend class and do the homework on a routine basis, you will not pass. I wish you had joined the military right out of highschool, instead of flunking out of school first. I also wish you had lived at home with your parents your first year at college. You were too young to have moved out on your own.

Marryum

If I can go back in time I would change a lot of things about myself and the choices that I made in my life. I would tell myself why is it that you slacked off in school and did not get the grades that you received in high school. What is it that changed that you started to become lazy? Time did answer that question for me and it only fills my life with regrets. I wish I would have never slacked off from my studies and been a great student. It wasn't that I stopped going to school it was just a matter of being the best student. Today I sit and think about all the mistakes that I made, but I am happy my mistakes taught me a lot and here I am again applying for scholorships to make myself the same best student again. I am aiming for the best future for myself and my family and I hope it starts with receiving this scholorship that will change my life.

Dear High School Senior Jennifer, First off, I would tell you that college is not easy, but that does not mean you give up. The classes are hard, some proffesors are strict, and there is a lot of work to do. But like someone told me, college is going to be the best time of your life because you are going to grow so much (mentally and hopefully physically). You are going to meet so many amazing people along this journey that will inspired you to follow what yourheart desire. Keep believing in your dreams no matter how crazy they may seem. Keep being your crazy self and never become someone you are not. Continue to work hard and never take no as an answer. The future will be scary, but trust me when I say everything will fall into pieces. Be patient. Never give up in school and stay determined. In the end, you will be everything you dreamt of. Love, Future Jennifer

The advice that I would give would be to utilize all of the extra services that they provide on campus. This important because there are many services on campus that will help you when you need help rather it be counseling, tutoring, or advising. Each of these services will help you along the way of your college career. These services will help you stay on top of things so that you can be successful in your college career. I would also give advice on managing your time out where you have time to study for your classes and do class work without procrastinating. This is very essential because by not planning your time out right, you can fall behind in classes and receive low grades in the classes.

I would say begin scholarship searching a LONG time ago!!!

Chue

If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool self, I would advise myself to be open to a new community and transition to college life as soon as I can. My freshmen year, first semester, I struggled in my classes. I would advise that my high school self set standards, such as attaining at least a 3.0 gpa. I would also develop a time schedule for my activities and become an expert on organization. It is important to keep an organized time schedule because college life can take you by surprise. It is easy to get caught up in socializing and forget what you are really there for, which is your education. I would also suggest that my senior self develop a money management system because financial control is important to keep yourself financially healthy. I would also suggest that whereever you go, anywhere you go, go with a friend. I did not experience rape myself but female college freshmen are the most vulnerable to rape and sexual assault. I would be extra careful. These are some of the advice that I would suggest to my high school senior self.

All right, sit down, shut up, and listen. Look, there are some things you should know about college. It isn’t all that you would think. Prepare yourself more than your teachers and be sure to read like mad. It will lessen your load once in college. You can’t skip your classes in college and show up to ace the test like you did in high school. You will be learning things in depth and it will require your best attention. Apply for a bunch of scholarships! There are thousands out there. I know you think that you cannot get one, but you have to know that there are all kinds of scholarships. You can even get one for being lazy.I know you are stressed about your major. You just need to find jobs that are increasing and have a good rate of hire out of college. As long as it is something you can enjoy, I am sure it will be better than burger flipping, even if you get a little bored. As long as you are trying to decide what to do, just make sure to pick general education coursed that will work for many majors.

Have fun and don't be afraid of new experiences. The greatest thing about college is the culture and the amount of new things you can learn in such a short period of your life. Don't be afraid to be yourself and to get out of your comfort bubble, because you're wasting your time and your money if you don't enjoy yourself. The academics is such a small part of life and eventaully your career. Your people making skills and the things you go through in life is what makes you interesting, experienced, and knowledgeable. It's incredibly important that you look out for yourself first when it comes to both school and your social life, never let anyone take advantage of you. Make sure you ask the questions you need to ask to understand class material and be sure to go in to office hours if you need additional help, don't worry about what other people are thinking. This is your education and you're paying for it. Most importantly, quit wasting your time trying to find the meaning of life, give your life it's meaning.

I would advise myself to take college credit classes in high school. Many of my friends took classes in high school that counted towards college units and they are ahead of me. I would have put some money aside to help pay for the financial aspect of college because that would have relavied a lot of stress for me.

If I were given the opportunity to give my high-school-senior self advise, my first advise, is to stop worrying about coming out. The most important thing in life, while in highschool, is to make sure my grades were great. Worrying about what others might think of your sexuality is pointless because there is nothing I could've done to change my sexuality. The people who have opinions about my sexuality, will not be in my life during college anyway. The time spent worrying would have been more productive if invested in scholarship applications, and researching colleges. This leads to me second advise: aim high. Apply to as many colleges as possible, even if the possibility of going there is slim. Even though your grade point average is important, it is not the only factor that decides whether or not you're accepted. Do not underestimate the power of recomendation letters and personal statements, because sometimes, those are what make or break your admission. Lastly, I would tell my past self, to make great memories because in the end, that's what you will hold onto for the rest of your life. You can only be a senior once.

Caitlyn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, there are many things I would say. First, I would slap myself in the face for not putting my whole 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} effort into my grades the past years. If I would have given all of my effort to school, I could have had such a higher GPA and a higher chance of getting scholarships. Secondly, I would tell myself to apply for scholarships. I did not even think about scholarships while I was in high school, because I did not realize how hard the real world is and that college and bills are extremely expensive. Lastly, I would tell myself that I matter. I would say to keep my head up no matter what happens. High school is not all that matters, it is actually just a little part in life. If I could back and talk to my high school self, I would probably not be as stressed out as I am today.