California State University-Sacramento Top Questions

Greg

The over emphasis on white males being the problem for the worlds mistakes.

Keeyah

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. Sometimes I have to park really far from campus, that it makes me just want to get back in my car and drive home.

Brittani

I would say the impaction. The campus has so many people that the class rooms are filled way beyond needed. Its so frustrating having so many people around, because it makes it harder to contact teachers or talk to them when needed. I feel it sets them behind, as well. It gets difficult to get the classes needed, too. This then sets you back from graduating in the time you want to.

Gurnam

The most frustrating thing about Sacramento State is not getting the classes we want because there are more students and less classes.

JanelleRuth

The most frustating thing about Sacramento State would have to be the parking. We have so many parking lots and 3 parking structures and yet it still takes forever to find parking! But then again there are 28,000+ students. You just have to be really patient when it comes to parking, but also be aggressive because jerks will try to take your already claimed spot.

Ivette

The most frustating thing about my school is not having a class you wanted, because the class is closed. Also, being a freshman does not help getting all your classes since freshman's are not the first priority. For this semester I did not get a statistics class and now I have to go to all the statistics classes and hope that one teacher adds me to their class. It is frustating because it slows down your plans to finish all the prerequisite courses for my major which is nursing.

Roberto

The most fustrating thing about my school is the fact that the parking is very horrible and expensive.

alejandro

The most frustrating thing about Sacramento State for me is that I am new and it’s a big campus. I’m just getting to know where everything is at. For example the financial aid office and the criminal justice office.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the some staff in the financial aid office and the student financial service center seem so incompetent in providing a detailed answer to your questions. Worst yet, sometimes I even get an attitude from the staff for simply asking a question. Moreover, registration for classes has been more and more competitive over the years, causing me to be anxious as the time to register comes.

Edgar

The most frustrating thing about the campus has to be the study areas when it comes to midterms and finals. There doesn't seem to be enough space in the AIRC which is open 24/7 for students to study. If the AIRC had study rooms and cubicles for students to study in then it would make the school that much better.

ruben

The most frustrating thing about my school is the traffic to get to school and the long time it takes to get to the parking structures

Darya

The most frustrating thing about this school is that it gets a little tough to find classes during registration. Upperclassmen have priority over freshman so sometimes, the freshman are not able to get the classes and units they need. Even though that is the case, people around campus are of assistance but not all the time. College is definitely the place where you have to grow up immediately and basically fend for yourself. It just takes some getting used to.

Doyin

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the Well(fitness center) is quite far away from the residential dorms. Since i dont drive or have any transportation to get their faster, it usually takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to the well walking.

crystal

The only frustrating thing about Sacramento State would probably be the distance from home (4 hours). Besides that, Sacramento State is an incredible school to attend. It's a beautiful campus and city.

Nobuhle

I think for as much as we pay that more people should take the experience more seriously. Also that proffessors with tenure arent as enthusiastic about teach and giving us an education worth what we pay.

Alejandra

The only frustrating thing that i could say about the school is that fact that when it comes to registrating for classes it is difficult to enroll for the classes i need. Students with more units get to register first; therefore, by the time i get to register most of the classes i need are full or with a waiting list. Another frustating thing about this school is the raise in tuition. The first year i enroll they raise tuition for over $1,000 and i was told their might be another tuition raise foe the upcoming school year.

erika

Parking is the most frustrating thing about my school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price you have to pay for parking its ridiculous. I do not drive to school but when I would like to attend the gym at night I do not want to walk and have to pay for parking which is three dollars for two hours!

I was a transfer student and most activities for 'new students' are driven towards freshmen. It seems difficult for transfer students to penetrate the social circles. A lot of the other transfer students i have talked to aren't involved in the school at all, nor do they have any desire to, nor are they encouraged to. People who have attended since they were freshmen aren't as welcoming to 'outsiders'.

The rising cost of tuition is the worst. Also I wish there were more classes available for a certain course. Sometimes 50+ students are on the waiting list for a class and they end up graduating later than they intend because they couldn't get into the classes they needed.

sheng

One the most frustrating thing about my school is commuting to school because of the traffic. It is frustrating because all of the parking structures are basically in the same area, thus making the area very crowded when rush hour happens. Because there are many students coming in and many leaving all at the same time, it causes a lot of traffic. This will usually happens around 10am to 11am and 3pm to 4pm. Although this could be frustrating at time, I think this is a common thing at any college.

The most frustrating thing about Sacramento State is the absolutely atrocious parking.

Nikole

My personal experience, the most frustrating thing to me has been tuition, planning classes around my work schedule and parking. But I am also aware that the concerns I may have at my school are not just limited to my school. parking for me has just been a hastle. Not only is the permit very expensive< but worth it

It is extremely hard to get a hold of the program advisors, in my case, in order to declare a minor.

Connie

Waiting in line to get help at administration

Parking is becoming a problem, as is the ever rising tution rates. However it could always be worse.

danielle

trying to balance work and school at the same time

Aleena

The most frustrating thing about my school is that i believe that our campus security was not improved last semster in fall of 2010 when all of the sexual assaults were happening. They have now imporved our security issue, but last semester i never felt comfortable and secure to walk around campus by myself. I like to study on campus in our 24 hour academic resource center and unfoutunately i was unable to use this area to study in because of the recent sexual assualts and the lack of increased security.

SUDHA

I live in a new neighbourhood 15 to 20 miles south of school location and plan to drive to school everyday. I guess most frustrating part is travel. I recommend prospective students to get on board in dorm.

Madeeha

The divided diversity groups on campus. The popular students hung out separate and each minority had their own group. I wish there was a mixture and better blend of each group.

Bus/ shuttle cuts. They have virtually eliminated all the descent (or most descent) pick ups/ drop offs. Now, I have to park off campus. To make matters worse, we have had a HUGE sexual assault problem at our school, so now, I am going to be walking to my car, parked off campus, IN THE DARK!

It's not really close to my house, I'm forced to drive 20-30 minutes competing with morning traffic and either street or freeway traffic every day. I don't really like having to drive so far because it's a waste of gas and time but it's ok.

Lourdes

The most frustrating thing about California State University Sacramento is that most of the dorm rooms are very small and cannot really fit much unless you organize very well. It is also frustrating that the school is very spread out. While it makes for good exercise, when you are running late to class it makes it very tedious to walk across campus from the dorms to the building.

Sandy

The increase of the tuition is the most frustrating thing about my school. This discourages students who are not able to afford coming to school to chose a cheaper school or not go to school at all. Also, now that books, supplies and school materials are high price of books, it is not affordable at all. With the tuition increase this leave students with less financial aid, discouragement for higher education, and stress to be placed upon them.

I love most everything about Sac State but I do wish there was more funding for their Nursing program.

mark

Getting cheated on a 175.00 dollar move in fee for the school dorms. I never understood the process. Even though I never moved into the school dorms, the school refused to refund my money, which is only fair. Other than this, it's hard for me to say any other issues.

It is really hard to get the classes when you want them because the same classes arent offered every semester.

Cibelle

the fact that most classes that i need for my major are closed or waitlist

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are a lot of sexually violent crimes happening. It seems since we have heard of these crimes, the security on campus has not done much about the safety. There are cops out at night, but there are also a lot of dim lights and dark areas on campus. These should all be fixed for the safety of our students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of African-American Fraternities and Sororities that are visible on campus.

The most frustrating thing about CSUS is increasing fees and decreasing services. The fees for attendance have increased 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} since I began attending CSUS and the classes available have decreased substantially. This makes it very difficult to graduate in a timely manner.

It costs too much now with all the tuition prices going up.

Chong

The most fustrating thing about my school is getting into the classes that I want to take for the semester. The classes get full really quick and there are only a few classes available and to choose from.

Samuelu

As a wheelchair user, some of the old buildings at the schhol do not have accessible doors. I just hope that in the near future they will be able to install accessible door buttons for each buildings. It's always frustrating when you have to wait for some one to get the door for you. I really appreciate it but there are some things in life that you could do on your own. For instance, opening a door for yourself.

Mai

The most frustrating about my school would be the traffic that we would have in the morning, and how hard it is to get through traffic.

The most frustrating thing at this school is parking. There always seems to be more open faculty parking spots in a parking lot than student spots. Typically I have to leave for school an hour early to make sure I get parking and have enough time to walk to class; and, I only live 15 minutes away from campus.

Belinda

The most frustrating thing about my school is that, as a senior, it is sometimes hard to get the right class schedule that I would like. There are many students in my major, yet there are only just a few sections of each class offered per semester. So classes fill up quickly and it makes it hard to get the schedule that I want.

Currently, our security is a huge issue. We have had 5 sexual assaults in the past 2 months and there seems to be little being done to help the women of this school.

Rhonda

The most frustrating thing about our school is the ongoing tuition fee increases, the expensive on-campus living, and complicated financial aid assistance.

Patrice

That the financial aid office drives me crazy. The are not very accurate and they don't really try to help people, just try to get students out there office.