California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

California State University, Sacramento is a member of the California State University System, one the finest post-secondary public education systems in America. CSUS produces more educators than any other school within the system and it has a nationally recognized fine arts program. There are many professional music performance and community service organizations on campus that support the arts. University staff and local supporting music education organizations emphasize graduate education placement and postgraduate job referrals. CSUS admits a diverse student body active in the pursuit of higher education and formulation of solutions to many of America's 21st century issues.

The best thing about my school was the diverse campus life. Sacramento is rated among the most culturally diverse cities in America, and the CSU campus is a reflection of that. There are numerous student organizations geared towards promoting community and recognition of diversity. Our classes acknowledged and accomodated diverse backgrounds, especially in Psychology. I appreciated the open-mindedness of our campus, our administration, and our professors. I believe most all students are able to find a community within the school, whether that be ethnic, academic, or activity based. I am grateful for my experience here.

I loved my major; Recreation Administration. The professors were great and encouraged interactions between students and teachers. I got to know each of my professors personally and they knew me. They cared about the classes they taught and their students. The professors were understanding if an assignment couldn't be turned in on time and made themselves available through office hours and after classes. The whole department worked together; professors wouldn't have something be due if a large assignment in another class is due on that day. The professors showed respect to each other and the various concentrations.

California State University - Sacramento is a great, diverse, environmental school. it creates a great vibe to get active and interact with people you have never known before. College students are very friendly and they will give you a tour to the school. Everyone is invited to the school and great resources are available for students to get access to. There are also variety of opportunities that will help you finanacially and socially such as the Multi-cultural Center that will relate you to your culture, CAMP which helps students with textbooks, and Educational Opportunity Program that keeps you on track.

California State University Sacramento is a big college in a big city with a small college feel. There are all the opportunities and advantages of attending a large public university without feeling like a number. I am a business major and believe the business department works closely with their students and is very connected to the regional and state business companies and leaders. Sacramento State gives their students the best of all worlds off campus as well as on campus. I can enjoy the college experience with clubs, sports and extra curricular activities and prepare well for the future.

The best thing about Sacramento State is the availability of the school facilities and free services. The school library is open late (closes at around 11PM) which is helpful for students who cannot get there during the day. There is a building called the AIRC that is open 24 hours a day where students can access computers. The health facility offers many free services for students including medical exams, X-Rays, HIV testing, eye exams, and psychological counseling. These services and facilities are helpful when students like myself are already stressing over assignments and money.

Pros: Academics: Knowledgeable Professors. Friendly faculty and staff. Useful classes and ample opportunity to join internships locally (on and off campus) which are career oriented. Campus life: VERY diverse campus: many foreign exchange students and non-locals. Friendly and outgoing student body overall. Leisure: convenient location in the city (close to downtown) but also close to locations good for outdoor activities: multiple rivers run right next to the campus. Drivable distance from Lake Tahoe (for snowboarding/skiing). Biking and jogging paths surround the campus.

The costs of all California State Universities increase every year, however Sacramento State's tuition remains amongst the nations lowest. This is important because it enables students to pursue a higher education without incurring immense debt. As tutition costs continue to escalate around the nation, numerous students are affected, especially minority lower-income students, consequently many are unable to complete their degrees and thus we bear witness to the low gradutaion rates of first generation college students. I am happy to know that... and feel appreciative of...

I believe that the best thing about this school are the many resources available that will allow the students to become successful. There are tutors, helpful professors, advisors, mentors, many computers, internet access is everywhere in the school. We have a wide range of books. You can kind almost any book here. If there is something that this school doesnt have, they will try their very best to get it for us. They are determined to help the students at the school because they care about us and they want to stick by their own goals as a university.

I really enjoy how fresh and green the campus is. Every where you go there are trees, nice cut grass, and picnic tables right in the middle of it for studying. The teachers all have a sense of humor (appropriately) and respond to your questions in a timely manner. I LOVE the new gym, called The Well; I go there three times or more a week! I also enjoy being a part of the Accounting Society because its given me the opportunity to meet new friends and experience one on one conversations with Accounting Firms from all over the area.