California State University-San Bernardino Top Questions

Jacey

For me personally, California State University of San Bernardino is ranked twenty-first among colleges that are military friendly. Having served in the Armed Services, that helps make the transition from community college to university life easier. I have had constant, consistent communication with the military liaison since the day I applied to the university. That undivided attention, in my opinion, is equivalent to a "thank you for your service" and shows that the administration truly cares about the veterans that seek education at their institution. Their dedication to veterans helped me make my decision to attend CSUSB.

The environment on campus is one of acceptance and diversity. Also, the faculty and staff are more than willing to help students whenever possible. Professors are enthusiastic about their profession and it is visible in the classroom. The amount of opportunities to get involve in organizations on campus is great. As a transfer student, I only had two years on campus and within that time I joined 4 academic societies and a research team organized by a professor in my major.

Koryn

CSUSB is unique in its beauty as well as its atmosphere.

It's safe and they provide good classes that can help you get your degree or become well-rounded as a student.

DeMarco

It offeres classes for your major as a undergraduate instead of waiting two years.

jeanine

The university is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California, improving the region's quality of life through the skills, knowledge, experience and engagement of it's students and facuality.

My school is unique in the sense that there is more of a focus and an awarness on Native American culture. The institution does not only focus on the past histories of the Native Americans, but also instructs on a variety of literary exposure ranging from past to modern times.

Viviana

Everytime you step outside you go outside you can see the mountains up close. The view is nice everyday, rain or shine.

Cindy

People are always willing to help when you ask for help. Professors make so that you can talk to them

obiamaka

I like this one

This school has many elective courses which take you away from the stress of the required couses. Also the cost of tuition is based off of two categories, Full time and part time. Once you reach the full time requirement you can take as many elective courses as you would like.

Stephany

From my personal research, Cal State San Bernardino appears to have a strong art program with 5 different divisions (Those divisions being: art teaching, studio art, art history, graphic design, and graphic design&business). The campus is also very diverse, and compared to other CSU's in the area, Cal State San Bernardino appears to be rather affordable. Unfortunately, I have barely been admitted as a transfer student so I can't say too much about the campus. I'm excited to begin my year nonetheless!

Alea

The teachers go out of their way to help you succeed, even if your schedule doesn't allow you to go to their office hours. I have had an amazing experience with the teachers and they have made the college unique.

Tanisha

The school is huge, but I have always felt comfortable. I cannot say that about other schools.

Akshay

The most unique aspect of this school im my opinion is the relationship that you can have with your professors. As a senior I know that I can go to my academic professor for any question I have. I also like how even with the budget cuts that the school has managed to provide for its students and promise them the best education for there money. Many alumni of this school will tell you that many of their advisors treated them like family.

Gissell

What's unique about my school compated to other schools, is that my school has two application periods to enter the nursing program; one in fall, and one in spring. It makes it much easier for aspiring pre-nursing majors to enter into a great nursing program at a much affordable price compared to private schools who pretty much take anyone at a much higher price. Especially, with all the new nurses that are predicted to come in the future, it is important for them to get an enriching education.

CSUSB is one of the most culturally, racially, and ethnically diverse campuses, not only in California, but also the United States. While it is in the city of San Bernardino, the school has a beautiful campus, set up next to the base of the San Bernardino mountains that makes it feel secluded from the rest of the city. While it is a larger school, with ten's of thousands of students, it still has the feel of a small, welcoming campus.

Gil

The amount of diversity is larger than most Universities or Cal State Campuses.

Kristie

CSUSB has a well regarded reputation for turning out effective, fun, and learned teachers.

Monique

Well my college has great majors to offer. It is also in a good location and close to home for most peopl. My college is affordable and the staff here are great. The environment on campus is amazing and everyone is very social and you meet new people everyday. There is also very fun social events that are Student Union host for all students and they are free.

It is unique because it is a lot smaller than a lot of the other colleges that I had looked into. I wanted to go to a larger school to meet more people. However, a smaller school is right for me. I love the people there and the friends that I have made. It is also the same mascot as my elementary school. Where I start I finnsh :)

CSUSB is unique because it's a commuter school located in one of California's largest counties serving a large geographical area. The scenic campus is located at the base of a mountain range in the San Bernardino national forest, and home to the largest on-campus arena in the state.

Heidi

Keep an open mind. Get involved in clubs and activities on campus.

jacqueline

mainly what i first niticed the day i walked on campus was its diversity. you see all types of people attend csusb, and thats what makes is so fun. you constantly meet different people from different backgrouds, different religions, etc. and so with all the diversity you can learn and associate more from one another

Gabriela

It is unique in the way that the professors care how the students do and they make themselves available for students to get help whenever we want, they are always willing to help.

Arthur

Its unique because the people here care about you succeeding. They want you to graduate college.

What is unique about this school is that it is a huge campus and there is only around twenty thousand students. Comparing my school to Cal State Fullerton, this school is twice the size as Fullerton and with half as many students as Fullerton. I would say that is a unique thing about this school.

Brittnee

Well I did not really research other schools, However the campus is simply beautiful, green and well kept.

A unique quality about California State San Bernardino, is that it is affordable and you recieve the same quality education as any other Cal state.

The school is shadowed by mountains which give for a pretty campus. This school was different because it is a commuter school, all the other school i applied for were prodominately large, old campuses. The campus is fairly new with new bulidings .

Cattryna

Cal State San Bernardino is smaller than other Cal States.

Anjelice

It has a great biology department and the other schools i applied to were not as close to my home as Cal State San Bernardino was.

Cal State San Bernardino is located in the hub of Southern California. Just 1 hr up the mountains in the winter, one can find amazing scenery and snow capped mountains as well as great skiing and snowboarding. However just 1 hr to the coast, you will find the amazing beaches Southern California has to offer. Cal State San Bernardino is close to everything one might need to succede; places to work, housing, etc. This school is a hidden gem, as it is fairly small in student numbers, however growing, yet the campus is large, very spacious and up to date.

Cleanliness, pricing, speciality, location

My school is very small compared to other schools. Also, this school has a very good nursing program, which has a 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} passing rate.

cynthia

this campus for me feels comftorable because its not to big and not too small it is just right. the spirit that i find in this school is high, and the help and support i recieve makes staying here even better.