California State University-San Bernardino Top Questions

I would tell myself that, education is not a waste of time. Knowledge and wisdom are the greatest things you can ever obtain and they will help you succeed in the future. I would beg myself not to be distracted about the present but to focus on the great things I can do as an educated college graduate. I would emphasize that a job right after high school, will not give me a job doing somthing I love. I would reinforce that I should follow my goals and dreams to do what I love. I would also tell myself that there will always be difficult times but no matter what happens that i must remain strong and that I should never quit. I would tell myself that everyone has the potential to reach their goals, they just have to want it bad enough.

Ester

I would tell myself, " It does not matter what others expectations are for yourself, it only matters what expectations you have for yourself. Believe in yourself, anything is possible. You are very smart and have great potential, stop comparing yourself to others and only compete against yourself. High school is harder than college, all you have to do is learn everything in class and stay focused. Learn how to stop procrastinating, teach yourself the skills needed to be better organized so that the transition to college will be much easier. College life is more fast paced, so you need to learn to be organized in order to transtion more smoothly. The most important of all is your state of mind, believe that you will be successful and you will find the way to be successful. I love you. Remember anything is possible."

Kevin

"Apply for more scholarships and enroll with the intention of going to law school- the law market may be saturated, but it is your passion. Don't pursue a STEM major just because it pays well. Your GPA will thank you- especially since you will be getting a 4.0 every quarter as a dual public relations and media studies major trying for UCLA Law."

Robert

I would go back and tell myself to change my focus in school to extra-carricular activities. Many of the teachers would say that grades and academics is what I should focus on, but I focused on that and excluded other activities. Students can really benefit from other activities greater than people think.

Victoria

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to live. In high school you should have been more outgoing and stay aquantinces with other students because once you get to college, you lose a lot of your friends. College is bigger and you meet new people everyday. So dont be stuck on missing your best friend from high school, because people come and go, its your future that is important, not the social aspect of college. Learn more studying habits and dont get used to not studying for tests, because in college if you dont know how to study, then you wont pass anything.

Eric

College is not what you think it is. Some classes will be easy and some will be very hard. The important thing is to dedicate time into each of your classes as often as possible. Dedicating time will only benefit you in the end. Another thing to remember is to be responsible. There are so many small assignments in college that are easy to put off, but every point counts. I can't tell you how many times I have received an A- or a B+ when just 1 or 2 points would have pushed you to a higher grade. Work hard and study hard but remember to get involved on campus when possible and also to have fun. All work and no play is not a formula for success. Find a way to adequately balance your academic needs and your personal life in a way that decreases stress and increases performance, knowledge, and happiness. The last sentence is really the key to college. Lastly, you won't remember everything you learn but it is much easier to relearn a topic you have already learned. Don't assume you wont need a topic or subject.

Mercedez

In all honesty I wish I could go back and tell myself to try a little harder or at least give it my all. California State University of San Bernardino was not my first choice. I dreamed of going up to SFSU for college. Everything happens for a reason , that reason being, is that everything will be okay, there will be many obstacles along the way but I know everything will be okay. So to contradict what I first said, knowing where I am now, I would go back and tell myself not to put myself down so much, and just keep doing what I am doing. But to never give up on my dreams. It may sound cliche but it is always a good reminder to always remind ourselves to do what makes us happy. Other then that I would also remind myslef college is not bad as I thought it would be, struggling with social anxiety, basically struggling communicating with others and making friends in general, the atmosphere in college is nothing compared to high school. I am on the right track, keep doing what I am doing(reminding my past self)

Esmeralda

Beginning college fall of 2011, I did not know what to expect. As a freshman, my one fear was to not choose the correct major. Would the major that I had started with be the one I would graduate with? As I continued my journey there was a moment of regret. I soon changed my major and decided to try something different which soon led me to realize I had made another mistake. I learned that I did not change my major because it wasn’t right for me, but because I was scared easily. I knew that I had to switch my major back to my original choice. My advice to myself would be to truly seek out what you want to accomplish and never be scared to follow my dreams as hard as it may seem. As a senior at cal state san Bernardino , I am proud to be a mathematics major with an interest in teaching and I am excited to begin my career within the next couple of years.

Matthew

FAFSA or financial aid is what will pay for your college. Scholarships can help also but come to understand and apply to FAFSA before graduating and you will be able to get through your first year of college right out of high school instead of just working full time alone. Speaking of work, you need to take an auto-shop class and work on your understanding of car maintainance and repair. If you pass this up you will have no one but AAA and your dad to bail you out of all the messes you'll be making by not knowing what's under the hood of the car(s) you will one day have to drive. You'll never find this opportunity again so don't pass it up--you only get to learn about cars once--in high school. Save whatever money you make now for your future endeavors and lean on your parents while you can so your own savings can actually grow.

Jacey

Keep working hard and stay the course. Do not be afraid. Take advantage of this opportunity. Now. Right now. Immediately, these would be the words that are bellowed, with anxious fear, fear that they may be ignored. But mostly they would be expressed with regret, because they are only an echo of my own mother's words. I ignored these words of advice. These words of wisdom were repeated often but silenced, being lowered down the tasks of my misguided To-Do list. I thought I had time. But, time did what it does best. And here I am, years later reflecting back on those times, wishing I had listened to my mother, wishing I could give advice to myself only to explain: give yourself the choice. Give yourself the chance to experience something extraordinary while simultaneously transforming you into a better person. What do you have to lose? My young counterpart would pause, dissect and deliberate this advice internally. But before he could answer, I would repeat the words of wisdom ever so softly. Keep working hard and stay the course. Do not be afraid. Take advantage of this opportunity. Now. Right now. You will thank me later.

Brent

Focus more on learning, and less time hanging out with friends. Your true friends will always be there for you but they will not hand you your education. Get your college education completed early in life so you have more time for the things you love. Intern and volunteer your free time, you will make life long connections that may lead to a career position you are passionate about. If you are having a hard time go talk to your teachers, that is what they are there for. They will help to guide you and teach you what you are having trouble with. High school is easy, trust me im in the real world.

Marina

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about the transformation to college. I think that knowing I would be packing up the belongings that I had in the comfort of my parents home and moving to a dorm in a college town where I didn't know anyone was absolutely terrifying. After having a year and a half complete, I can safely say that college has lead me to meeting the friends that I am looking forward to keeping for the rest of my life. I think that as a senior, it is easy to forget that you're not the only one. Every other freshman is going through the same thing as you -- you are not alone. College is a big change but it has been the greatest experience of my life and has led me to grow both academically and mentally. I would definitely advise my senior self to take a deep breath and not worry so much about what college had in store. It all works out and its not nearly as terrifying as it seems.

Nhu An

If I were able to go back in time to speak to myself, I would definitely tell myself to study harder, take extra classes, and learn more at all times. To really take the advantage of education and not just to take the bare minimum but to go beyond. Join every clubs you can. Always be patient in learning anything new and do not be too hard on yourself because everyone has their own struggles and move at their own pace and as long as you keep trying and doing your best, that's good enough.

Marisa

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to thank my parents for encouraging me to attend Cal State San Bernardino instead of CSU Dominguez Hills. This decision helped me more than I could ever understand at that time in my life. As a high school senior you want to move out on your own and experience the so called "college life" that everyone loves to talk about. When in reality if I were to have made that decision I would have been $40,000 in debt. Today, because of the help of my parents, I am able to further my education and attend Grad school because of the money I was able to save. Even though Grad school will require me to take out loans, at least I was able to save extra money by living at home and attending Cal State San Bernardino.

Victoria Jo

Some eighteen year olds know what they want and where they will go. I was not one of those kids, but I took a chance on me and continued my education. I didn't understand in those days how to study well or how to excel, but I can say that being on a college campus propelled me forward, even if my GPA didn't reflect the best grades. In the years since, I have learned who I am, succeeded and failed but kept moving forward. My undergraduate degree helped me to be where I am today - in a graduate master's program - and I expect to finish with excellence. So can you. You'll have some failure and some success, but don't give up on yourself. You can make it through. College is the first stepping stone - but you are the only one who can take that first step in the exciting journey of life.

Erika

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would advise my younger self to breathe. While it may seem like an odd piece of advice, my younger self was so caught up in what was required to get into college and the courses necessary to graduate that I forgot about the importance of breathing during each part of the journey. Towards the end of high school, the priority is planning out your entire future career, which was the case with myself. Through this tunnel vision of transitioning into college, I forgot to take time to reflect on the entire process. Looking back, the transition from high school to college was a blur, probably due to my reluctance to focus on anything other than my future. Unfortunately, I would characterize my college transition as an aggressive focus on my entire future while selectively ignoring the present. Furthermore, the intense desire to plan my future seeped into my college career. While college is a time of learning, the journey through college is one which should not be ignored. Therefore, allowing myself time to enjoy the journey and breathe would be my advice to my younger self.

Betzy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to focus on my priorities. When I graduated high school I was so focused on becoming independent and tasting freedom that I did not look at the big picture; which was receiving my bachelor's degree. I would tell myself that before making any choices, to make sure that my school business was taken care of first. There will always be time to be free and independent, but not to take advantage of it and forget the object that gave me that freedom. I would remind high school senior me that college is not free, and paying for school is no walk in the park. The best advice I could tell myself would be to focus on what's important and what is going to have a beneficial impact in my life, the fun and the freedom can wait because it will be waiting for me when I have a bachelor's degree.

Koryn

I would tell myself to be more open about what I wanted. I always let people tell me that becoming a teacher was a horrible idea and that life would be unsatisfying, but now, with new supporters and professors that are on my side, I would honestly tell myself to become a teacher and to get to know as many people as possible. Follow your dreams, and make a change; dont allow people to tell you that your choices are bad. Be confident that you can make a change in others lives, because one of the reasons I decided to become a Mathematics teacher for high school students was so that i could change their minds about math being hard and to show them that there are other ways and easier ways to solve a problem. I would tell myself to keep tutoring and to never give up or give in!

Richard

You're going to get mad. You're going to open those test results and you're going to rage and sulk about why you ever put yourself in the International Baccalaureate. You're going to wish you took the easy way like everyone else. Angry with all that hard work you put forward and ending up in the same place as so many who you feel did much less. Don't wish for it to become easy when you're in college. It will still challenge you. Sometimes you'll do great, sometimes you won't. Know that you can't have the good without the bad. But remember that it's the good you need to look at. Look past those financial burdens that accompany your education to a greater future. Look past those personal problems you have in your vivid life. Look beyond the bad and toward the good. You have an opportunity to have an education that will strengthen you. Push forward. When things don't go your way don't become angry and don't become bitter, because in the end - it doesn't matter where you end up... what matters is who you become.

Matthew

I would tell myself to try harder to be more outgoing. It may seem like relatively simple advice, but I was a hermit, while I was in high school. I mostly kept to myself and the small group of friends that I gained in the brief period I tried to be an extrovert. This shyness carried over to my undergraduate studies at California State University, San Bernardino. Once again, I was reluctant in making any friends. Unless I needed to work in a group or make a presentation, I stayed inside of my little bubble. However, I soon realized that my introvert personality was hindering my schoolwork and my ability to interact with those around me. In studying at California State University, San Bernardino, I learned that going outside of your comfort zone can be beneficial to your physical, mental, and social well-being.

Daniel

Knowing what I know now, if I could go back to my senior year in highschool and speak to myself, there are a few things I'd tell that person. For starters, I'd tell the younger me of the work increase that was to come. I knew it would be a different playing field from highschool, I just wasn't sure as to how different. If I could have known about the work load I think my first quarter would have gone a whole lot smoother. I would also tell myself not to be so nervous about the new experiences college offered. I was very shy in my first year and it was my fraternity that broke me out of that shell. However, I was very nervous about it before I joined, and about other experiences the school had to offer, but once I did experience them I was never happier. I just wish that I was not so hesitent because some opportunities passed me by because of my hesitation. If the younger me knew what I know now, I think it would have helped my college experience ten fold.

Karen

Take math a little seriously, at least start paying attention a little bit more. My high school was preparing us to get into college so I'm not surprise of the things and the material that I was going to see in college. I'm not even bothered with the workload that much because I know how to handle essays but the only advice I can tell myself is to take math seriously

Sawyer

I would tell myself to enjoy the free time I had and take the time to make my friends happy. Since I'm in college I have had no free time. I get out of school and I go straight to work late shifts to cover the rest of my expenses. In highschool all I had to do was sports and school work. I wish I would have spent more time with my family and friends instead of going off and doing my own thing. Now I literally don't have the time to see everyone and it's not fun. I would tell myself to enjoy the little moments you get with your family and take more time to make other people's day because you never know when you may never get the chance again.

Trang Nha

College life and high school life are different. You probably feel crestfallen at first because things are not the same, so my first advice for you, well, me, is that ask for more information about your future college and plan ahead of time. If I know that I will choose community college instead of 4-year university, more likely I am in Boston now. Secondly, you definitely want to save a lot of money for your university time in the future, stop fooling around and start looking for some more scholarships. Because you will go to 2-year college in your first two years, it does not mean that you will be happy with the financial aid you recieve and not care about the tuition later. Third, take as many AP classes and/or dual enrollment program as possible. It will help you save more money and more time on the classes that are not important for your major. Finally, do not wait until the last minute to decide or to arrange your schedule. Apply and start on your schedule right after the system open, so you will have more opportunities for better professors and more flexible schedule.

Alicia

If I could go back in time to give myself advise, I would go back to my senior year and make sure that I applied for schools outside of California and I would make sure that I would have learned better study habits. During high school I used to tend to slack off and get a 3.3 GPA, now that I am in college, I have slowly adapted and gained better habits, and now I have finally obtained a 4.0 GPA. I would give my past self the advice to find a college that would allow me to experience life. I am stuck in this school that is more of a job than anything. I find myself getting into this trance like schedule, go to school, come home, study, eat, sleep, and then do it all over again. I want to go out on my own and gain a sense of independence that I cannot get here.

Werner

If I was given the opportunity to go back to my last year in high school and give myself advice about college, I would tell myself many things. Counselors always told us to prepare ourselves for college. But what did that mean? They never told us we needed to learn how to wisely manage our time. Now I find it difficult to know when to start on all the hours of homework I am given each day and how long my brakes should be to eat lunch and dinner. This is something i would'nt just tell myself, I would let all the seniors at my high school know that managing your time wisely in college is a very important factor in life. I feel like I would not be stressing as much if I had better time managment skills before coming into college.

Since I have just recently graduated, I have had a lot of time to think about this question. I would tell myself to open up to new things and experiences since college is filled with them. Also, I would tell myself to study more and get a job in order to start saving money for after college. Since I changed my major after two years, I would encourage myself to have minored in it since I only had a few classes left. I would tell myself to have joined more clubs on campus. That is something I wish I would have done, especially since there are a lot of them at my school. Lastly, I would encourage anyone to live on campus at least their freshman year since I believe that has helped me be more involved and meet many people, of which I am still friends with today.

Melanie

I would tell my high school self to just relax, that I am doing fine and that I am ready for college. I would tell myself to get rid of those in my life that have messed with my head, they only weighed me down and they will continue to weigh me down unless I let them go.

Kyle

The first thing I would say to myself is “Look for more scholarships!” I would also think it important to inform my past self that studying and note taking for college classes is very different from high school. Try out different note taking strategies to find one that works for you, but do not pick one that helps being lazy. Lazy note taking leads to lazy studying which leads to a lousy grade on tests. Furthermore, practice time management. As a whole, college requires much more time than high school, and your schedule should reflect it. And finally, talk to people more! Don’t annoy people with constant rambling, but being friendly with students and teachers alike will help out greatly. Being on friendly terms with a teacher means you can ask for a better explanation on a topic. Having friends in class means someone to study with and to make sure you are doing the homework correctly. You can be assured the majority of people you meet at the college will be friendly and similar to you. As long as you are not being lazy, are giving college the time it requires, and being friendly you will do fine.

I would let myself know that it does matter to achieve academically and to try harder. Also possibly to try to apply to more colleges instead of limiting myself to just two colleges.

DeMarco

I would advise myself to keep my grades up, how to pick classes with a backup plan, and start asking my family to save money for college so I can have no worries like I do now.

jeanine

Dear Jeanine, Pay attention in all your classes, get good grades and make good study habits; it's never to ealry to start thing about collge! You should aslo think about taking your practice SAT and ACT,. Go to tutuering if you need to., always ask quetions dont be embrassed. Get a job or join clubs and make friends that will build you up instead of break you down. lastly have fun but be involed beacuse those four years of your life will fly by so fast.

Jared

Your future is determined by the actions and decisions you make in the present. Very rarely do we get the opportunity to go back and atone for the mistakes that we have made in our past. With that said, it is critical to make wise choices with your life on a daily basis. Enjoy the ride and take some time to relax and have fun as well, because this period in your life will only come once. Just make sure that in the process, you are not bringing about consequences that could be detrimental to your goals and aspirations moving forward. Reach out to those that you meet along the way; you never know who could become an important figure down the road in your personal or professional life. And most importantly, always be grateful for what you have. This world is very unpredictable and is always presenting us with unexpected changes. Be mindful of this fact and never take for granted the loved ones and the comforts that you are blessed with. Take this perspective and try to do good in your own life, as well as the lives of those around you.

Kaitlyn

From the moment I walked onto my high school pool deck, I knew I belonged there. Water polo was my first and only love. It was also the cause of my biggest struggles. I was injured during the height of my career at the time. Colleges were looking at me early on in high school, and I was on cloud nine; then it all changed. If I could tell my high school self something I would share that in life’s biggest struggles, are where our true character is formed and triumph is made. I would tell myself that getting hurt was the best thing that happened to me. It taught me to self motivate, it taught me to persevere. I learned the value of working for something that you wanted. Had I not gotten hurt, I would have never picked the career path towards physical therapy. I would tell my high school self, that at that moment I was exactly where I needed to be. I needed to experience sorrow, because life is full of trials. I needed to know I could survive. I am beginning my doctorate of physical therapy, and life is sweet.

Julia

Julia, I know you think college won't be for you or you just want to be lazy. I get it but you are wasting free education and time being this way. Pay more attention in class. Try to better your GPA. Get some information and start applying to colleges or go to LFCC now! If you don't you'll waste so much money on a stupid online school that will do nothing but steal your money and with time is really screw up your credit score. You're future self will spend years trying to get back the money and the credit score that was lost. It might sound corny now but you will even find someone that will make you want to better yourself and get a career. You will notice mom getting older and wish you can get a great job sooner and help her out. Bottom line stop messing around and buckle down! Your brother Fabian wasn't just lecturing about school. He knows what he was talking about. One last thing don't be afraid of leaving moms house. You will get the hang of things and she will be proud no matter what.

brenda

Dont EVER procrastinate! Don't ever think you are able to make up those missed school days. Make sure you save up all your financial aid so you have the money to pay for books when the economy drops. Don't be so shy and make friends with the people sitting next to you. Put enough time into studying and stop working so much.

Mariana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice that I will give to myself about college life is to be sure of what major I really want. That way I won't have to struggle, in the middle of my carrier, of which major I want to do. Also another advise I would give to myself is that I cannot procrastinate because things won't come as I espect them to come. The most important advice that i will give to my self is that no matter what happens I have to be strong and continued to the end of my carrier.

Maritza

Go to college with an open mind and join all the organizations you can be in. Also remember to study for the lacement test so you can get ahead and not take remedial classes. Try to get classes that challenge you and just an easy class to pass with flying colors. Always remember to only take the units that you can handle and do not stress over the small things. Make sure you have fun and enjoy being an undergraduate student, travel, study abroad, go out, and have a great college expereince because it is hard to do that once you graduate. Get to know your professors, go to office hours because they will help you and one day might be able to write you a letter of recomendation to graduate school or work.

I would tell myself to manage my time in a more effcient manner and understand how important it is to get good grades and study a little harder.

Kaonue

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the one advice that I’d give myself is, take advantage of opportunities. In my senior year I was a procrastinator and didn’t put as much effort into my work as I should have. So yes, I could’ve been put into the group labeled, “Seniorities.” The door to our career center would be open 24/7 for all seniors and the principal would constantly remind students to apply for scholarships and job shadows. I thought it’d be a waste of my time. Little did I know, it would helped me in the long run, college. When I took my ACT and the placement test I didn’t try so I scored low. My consequences were: not being able to attend the college I wanted to and I had to take remedial courses. What I learned was your acceptance reflected on your score. Now that I’m in college, I regret not taking those opportunities that were available. I would have more experience with the Physical Therapy program and the scholarships would help with my tuition. So take advantage of opportunities!

Robert

Since graduating in 2011, I have found myself putting off the whole college ordeal for as long as i can. Although it hasn't even been two years, I realize now I can no longer successfully continue in life without a college education. In the two years since graduating high school, I have learned a plethora of ideas and concepts that I never even considered while in school. My advice to the more naive and callow high school self would be to not waste the opportunities that are given to you. Learn as much as you can and take everything in life as a lessoned to be learned to better yourself and the people around you. In school I had a legion of opportunities that I let go because I was to nonchalant or was concerned more with other things. Although I don't know much about tansitioning into the college life, I am more familiar with the job/life transition we all must go through. Don't waste door-opening opportunities is my advice to the former Bobby. That is why if this scholarship opportunity is presented to me, I will not waste it, I will change my life.

Muhammad

That I would really enjoy my field and to study it more outside of class. Network with other Graphic Design students, join the clubs and attend related events. Also get a car.

Ariel

Well "High School Senior Ariel", first things first, you need to work harder and graduate instead of testing out. Get as much community service in as you can, this will help with resumes and college applications. You also need to work hard to bring up those grades and get in a few honor classes. Take the principal's advice and go to middle college; you would have graduate college by now your 20th birthday. School is more important than money. You will NOT find a job in this economy so please go straight to college after school. You will end up homeless because you couldn’t find work, this all can be avoided if you just go to college, they will assist you if you take this serious and like a job, get in at least 12 units but no more than 15. Try online and on campus, so you don’t feel you are not spending too much time away from your baby. It is all worth it and it’s not hard like some people make it to seem. You are too intelligent to not be in college. Good luck in college Ariel.

Jamie

I would give myself the valuable intangible commodity of educational drive. When I was a senior I wanted to go to college, unfortunately my family discouraged me to do so. They felt it was too much time and money. Therefore I allowed my distractions to get the best of me. Eventhough I have learned in most cases enviornment is what unconsciously determines the choices in life, I would tell myself to not allow my enviornment to do so by increasing my drive like I have today. To push harder. And to know that I am much smarter than I thought I was. Also I would give myself the advice to participate in class discussions and to sit in the front row. This helped raise my grades in college significantly. Lastly I would tell my younger self that it is always best to read ahead, study for test way ahead of time, and periodically review the study material up until it is time for the test.

Sarah, listen: stop stressing out now because what you have ahead of you is much more difficult. Don't get me wrong, college is a great time, but you also have to work very hard at it. Honestly, everything that you worried over for the last four years will not mean anything once you get to college. Nobody cares about the clothes you're wearing, or that you weren't considered one of the "popular" ones in high school. People in college are so much nicer, and a lot more laid back! My advice to you is to not procrastinate on essays and projects, especially ones you do in groups. Communication with group partners is key. Be organized, stay on track of when assignments are due and ALWAYS ask questions when you don't understand something. I know you are afraid to speak up in class sometimes, but remember, there is no reason to be scared in college! And honestly, nobody is really judging you. They are most likely just as lost as you. Take my advice and you will have nothing to worry about. Last but not least, don't forget to have fun!

Dustin

The influences I had in high school were certainly not the ones I needed at the time. My friends didn't know much and had things to think about for themselves and yet I looked to them for guidance. My parents are hard working people and don't believe in education. So they were concerned about making a living, for them, to survive you must make a living. I have always been a deep thinker and had intentions of a higher education but my mind was being informed to spread my wings. Find independance and a living. It has made me the person I am today but if I knew how vital an education would be at 25 when I was 18 I would have done things differently. So in short I would tell myself to listen to your heart, put yourself in school no matter the costs. Suffering the debts now for what pays off exponentially in the future is worth the time, energy, and criticism. Listen to your higher self and don't let those around you control you.

Alicia

The greatest advice I could give is take it slow and embrace every class. College education is truly rewarding when you own your education and provide yourself with ample time and energy to consume the information. When you own your education you will provide yourself with a well rounded experience. Always be your own advocate and don;t let anyone or anything stand in your way of your aspired accomplishments

Cindy

Try harder. Do not loose your motivation for working hard and getting the grades you truely deserve. Stay optimistic and don't let life bring you down. Expect new experience and oppurtunities.

roxana

If I could go back into my HIgh school years, I would had push myself t read more, and force myself to be more involve in activites because once I enter the University, time for activites is less common since some students have to work to pay for theirbills. Also, another thing that i truly regret not doing is taking AP classes. I never could had image that having AP classes were reallying going to impact some of my courses in college.

obiamaka

Dear Stubborn and Feisty, Everything you did in high school that pertained to academics, athletics, clubs, friends, keep up the good work. You are an honor roll straight A student, varsity track and field runner, a link crew member, math club member, and a junior ROTC member, so good job. As far as friends go, you had a handful that behaved as annoying as high school teenagers are designed to behave. The only advice that I wish to offer is that you try to have some fun, talk to your parents more, even though they tip the scale on strict parents. I say this because, upon graduation from high school, your first year of college is challenging because you partied like its’ 1999 and your grades suffered for it. Focusing on your academics becomes a chore and you spend your junior and senior years trying to fix these mistakes. Also delaying gratification with hot shot, smooth talking, and horny young men is not so bad either. With Concern, Your Future Self P.S. This advice is a jewel that I’m giving you so be sure to catch it.