California State University-San Bernardino Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for California State University-San Bernardino

Thea

This University is very kind and welcoming towards incoming freshman and transfer students. Overall, the faculty is nice, professional, and on top of everything. Due to the pandemic, the university functions somewhat slowly, but they are still able to stay on top of everything. They always encourage their students to ask questions or seek help and encourage activity.

brianna

Overall I enjoy being a student at Cal State San Bernardino, it is ethnically diverse and you can always find help to any misunderstandings.

Anayeli

It is one of a kind. It represents students on a broader range. It makes everyone feel at home! CSUSB actually encourages you to get involved, there are many Q&A'S for incoming and transfer students that need that extra push. They make sure you are welcomed.

Brittney

This campus is one that anyone would enjoy receiving their degree and experience in. We are very supportive in every aspect there may be. Anything that a faculty or student may want to achieve they have every right and support to. Our motto for this campus is come here go anywhere and we stand in achieving this everyday.

Julian

California State University- San Bernardino is a well-established school. It may have its flaws, but the school does its best to reach out to their students. The art department is one example. The professors enjoy communicating and giving opportunities to their students. They're always willing to spend their time with their students to ensure their success.

I have been going to CSUSB since Fall 2016. I had never been to a four-year college, only community college. I honestly love the campus, the teachers I've had the pleasure of working with/meeting, and the people who attend this school that I've become acquainted with. School spirit is very important here as well as helping fellow students succeed. I feel like even though there are thousands of students who attend, I am still important which is such a great feeling compared to how I felt at community college. I am happy to call myself a coyote everyday and I'm proud to represent the CSUSB name.

Genesis

Other than the crazy climate changes throughout the year, overall, CSUSB is an amazing school that does not get enough credit. Everyone, that I have met so far, has been very welcoming and really nice. Most of the professors that I've had so far are probably one of the coolest, most understanding people ever! I'm not saying that every professor will be this way, but there are some professors on campus that will make a huge impact on your everyday life as well as your education. Overall this campus is pretty laid back and easy to adjust to. You can always find something to do whether it be hitting the gym, going to the library, grabbing something to eat, or even going for a hike to the observatory! If I got the chance to choose what college I would want to go to again, I would still choose CSUSB. I feel that once you give it a chance you will see why we, as a campus, are proud to be Yoties!

I have to admit that Cal State San Bernardino was one of the last places I thought I would be going, but now that I'm almost done with my first year of college I can say that I am glad that I chose to go to this school. As someone who grew up in the San Bernardino area, I can say that it is nice to see how many people come from various locations to go to this school. It really is something to see students so driven to further their education in a city that has a pretty bad reputation. CSUSB has been very welcoming with their various programs and events and is sure to make the rest of my time there worth it.

dominic

I honestly love it. Although it's a commuter school, and at times the campus may be dead, the campus still remains intimate and very friendly. Everybody is there to handle their business, but also willing to socialize at times. Plenty of clubs and groups to be involved with if anyone should desire.

Bobbi

When I visited the campus I instantly fell in love with it. There is so many different groups on campus that had some booths set up. The campus is so beautiful and well kept. I loved the atmosphere and overall vibe I got when I visited the campus and that’s part of why I chose cal state San Bernardino to attend this fall. With the great academic programs and other activities to get involved with I can’t wait to attend this fall.

Andrea

I visit it and I liked the environment. I am mostly interested on sports in that school. I am planning to apply and hopefully get accept it.

Melody

I love this school, but San Bernardino is not the safest place to be. The school has great programs and extracurricular activities. It also has great health and psychological services available for every students. Just like with every school, there is good and bad teachers, but mostly good here.

I I really enjoy California State University San Bernardino; I have attended CSUSB for a whole year now and am currently in my sophomore year. I chose CSUSB because it was close enough for me to live at home with my parents. When I had applied to colleges in my final year of high school I was set on going to California State University Fullerton. I had applied to CSUSB just in case I didn’t get accepted to Fullerton. I got accepted to Fullerton and decided I should tour the school before I commit myself to it. As soon I got there I thought it was a beautiful school and then as my parents and I were going around listening to what the guide was saying I knew it just wasn’t for me. I felt as though that it lacked the kind of academics I was looking for. As we were in the car sitting in traffic my parents as, “What do you think?” I told them that I was very disappointed and how happy I was I didn’t commit to going there. California State University San Bernardino did end up being where I chose to go and I couldn’t be anymore happier. CSUSB is a great school because it has a wide variety of activities for everyone and I feel very safe when I am on campus. To begin CSUSB has such a wide variety of on campus activities for everyone. The Recreational center makes working out fun. The two story rock climbing was what really brought me to the rec center. I try to go as often as I can. There are trainers at all hours to help you with your form and make sure you don’t hurt yourself. Another activity is the game room. It was the perfect hang out. The pool tables were well taken care of and there was enough for everyone to play. The perfect place to do studies is in the library. There is a 24 hour librarian online that can help with whatever you need. If you want a second opinion on your paper before you turn it in there are workshops where someone can give you their opinion on your paper. So CSUSB has a place for everyone no matter what they are interested in. The next thing to review is the safety. The campus police are actual trained officers. They know what they are doing and want to keep the campus safe. The campus police officers were the first ones to the scene of the San Bernardino shooting. They are experienced and trained. If anyone is ever on campus and they feel unsafe they can just call for a campus escort to either walk them to their car or their class or wherever they are headed. San Bernardino has made it mandatory for students to take an end sexual violence training class. Its good they made it mandatory. It keeps students educated on what to do if they see someone being sexual assaulted. I feel as though that when people hear San Bernardino they think its ghetto or scary, but I feel very safe on campus.

Melissa

The school is pretty good just needs a lot of working to do, the school is somewhat is in a comfortable and safe area I believe there should be an increase of safety officers that should patrol around the school make sure of the safety of the students.

Alyssa

The campus is big, but it is possible to get to classes on time. The professors i have had were very helpful , they provided materials to help their students do well on midterms and finals. However, the school safety is kind of risky because Cal State San Bernardino is a public campus and that is where our safety is less than what it should be and the school needs to do something about it.

Angela

The California State University of San Bernardino is an amazing campus . The facility is extremely helpful and always available inside and outside the classroom. They even answer their emails on weekends. Some professors who do not even teach your class, but teach the same subject will invite you to come to their office hours if you need help. This is helpful when you cannot visit your own professor during their office hours. The food is very good and the college provides a variety from sushi and salads to familiar comfort food such as, potatoes and chicken, and soups. The college has beautiful scenery of nature with their omnipresent trees across the campus. The housing on campus ranges from dorms to on campus and off campus apartments. They provide a comfortable living space for students living at the university and myself. The campus has police patrolling every 24 hours in their cars or golf carts and this year the University Police Department has set up interactive emergency stations where you press a button and inform the university police where you are so they can arrive to help you at your location. The clubs are very involved on campus, but if you are not the type to join a club or if you do not live on campus, you can still attend the multiple small outdoor events the campus holds throughout the day and night such as, The Neon Run, Canvas Painting, and a small carnival with funnel cakes and games. California State University of San Bernardino is an amazing campus to visit and attend. You will feel as if you are home, even through you are not.

Kaitlyn

It has a friendly atmosphere, polite staff, and helpful professors. The surroundings off-campus leave something to be desired, but on-campus is enjoyable and safe. Class size ranges from small to medium-sized and I like the more intimate setting. The professors are attentive and I regularly come in during office hours for help with my projects.

Dolores

CSUSB aims to help its students succeed while providing services to assist students in their journey to success .

Joanna

I think it has an overall beautiful campus and it it easy to find information when needed. I believe it can be seen as an other college campus and provide a great experience for anyone who is enrolled or is attending when they apply to the college.

Lavenda

My opinion of California State University- San Bernardino, is that it’s the best 4year school ever. Everyone there at CSUSB gave me the feeling from the very first time I step foot on the campus, that we’re here to help you succeed. The Professor’s all go out their way to present the material in a way that everyone can understand and comprehend it. However, it is still up to the individual to ensure they’re getting it. Besides the faculty, there are other resources on campus or online available to the student to help them achieve their goal. CSUSB is also a campus of camaraderie, where you become a part of a village sort of, were there are over 100 various programs, events, clubs and groups to help you assimilate. All cultures are recognized and valued. The school is medium in size, and it is situated on over 430 acres. At CSUSB the intercollegiate athletics program consists of 7 women’s sports; basketball, cross country, cheer and dance, softball, tennis, and volleyball. For the men’s there is only 4 sports; basketball, softball, soccer baseball, and golf. There is something for everyone to connect to at CSUSB. The Village is the newest student housing, and they are so nice. There are eatery’s within walking distance, and the campus is also within walking distance. A decision to attend CSUSB would be an excellent one. I loved my time there, everyone there treated me like family, and I would recommend CSUSB to anyone that inquired.

Lorena

Cal State San Bernandino focuses on one thing mainly their academics. They don't spend ridiculous amounts to advertise the school. In the area there are other schools that have a better looking campus, but their academics don't look as good as the campus. I picked my school specifically for their program and I'm glad to know I'm getting my monies worth.

Payton

California State University of San Bernardino provides a small class size, but well taught classes that give an amazing college experience. Its area gives students the chance to both live on campus, off-campus, and has good respect to any commuters in the area.

Angel

I love San Bernardino. I live in Oceanside, so I drive 2 hours to get to school every other day. If I didn't love the school, I wouldn't make that drive. Food is great, people are friendly, and professors are amazing. I love the small class sizes, it is much more interactive than I would have thought.

Sara

The Kinesiology department have awesome and passionate teachers who are always there for me when I need help. The only problem is communication!Many students will talk to me when we have a group project, but when the group project is over they act like they don't know me. It doesn't only happen to me, but with many other students and it is annoying.

Keila

Honestly, I absolutely LOVE it here. Like many, this was not my first choice college, but a week in and I learned everything I needed to know to make this my home. The only problem is the over-packed classes. There are many students needing to take the same classes for pre-recs and etc, but very little classes and professors. Other than that, there is so much to do on campus, even though it is a commute school. Everyone is so nice and it is way better than high school, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Coyote for life!

Karina

California State University-San Bernardino has an amazing atmosphere which allows those who may not be from around town feel at home and comfortable. Due to that it allows the students to exert themselves into their studies; creating productive individuals that will someday create a change within our world.

Sierra

CSUSB is a great local university, while there are some things that could be different, i do not regret choosing this school. faculty and staff are very open minded and contribute significantly to student success. Students are not afraid to speak their mind because they all know that there are people here who will listen.

Gisell

it is a really nice campus. it looks very fun to be living on campus because of all the activities they have. I honestly cannot wait to attend there one day. everyone is very nice on campus and people are very willing to help one out whenever. i enjoyed my visit.

krupa

California state university-SAN Bernardino is great college. It is the safest college. It is also know for their academic programs. My favorite one is nursing.

Maria

California Sate University-San Bernardino is a beautiful campus nestled in between mountainous ranges. I personally have enjoyed my time on campus and I wish I could've been more active during school. I commute to school every morning and everyday it was the same routine. Go to school, finish homework, and then go home. I made very few friends but they're some of the strongest friendships I've had. The people here are so nice and supportive. Everyone is fighting for their success and along the way, we help each other out. The food is pretty expensive, but it's hard to complain. I know I'm not willing to drive to a Burger King that's like ten minutes away when there's food here that's a minute away. All in all, I'm excited about my next years on campus!

Hector

Overall this is the most affordable college in the entire state of California where you get the most out of your money. Lots of fun clubs. Though the meal plan is not worth it as it isn't fresh. Some of the professors get too political to the point where they seem to get all in your face

Karen

CSUSB is a very diverse and accepting environment. The professors care about their students and give great instruction. There are various opportunities on campus, along with one-on-one time with professors or a mentor. I will be sad to leave when I graduate in June and go on to graduate school.

I am a sophomore transfer student from Middle Tennessee State University. CSUSB has changed my life. Before I came here, I was unhappy with my college experience and was desperately searching for a way out. I am now on the softball team and have made friends that will last a lifetime. My education is always put first and I truly feel like I'm apart of a family. I love CSUSB!

Laura

I believe CSUSB is a great campus. It is very clean. Traffic can be hectic at times but overflow is usually available and clears up after the 2nd week. The location of the school is in the safer part of San Bernardino as well so it’s quite safe. The mountains are grind the school and it has a great view, usually good weather too. Academically the professors are always available during office hours and seem very knowledgeable about the subjects they teach and are friendly. The school overall is a great community and it is easy to make friends, considering there are many clubs and events for the students. The school also has friendly staff. I would recommend this school especially because it is very affordable thus helping you focus on passing your classes and not stressing as much by becoming burdened with loans. Personally, grants are scholarships have been a huge help in paying for all fees and books, as well as food and transportation costs. I would recommend this school to anyone, I personally love attending Cal State San Bernardino.

Shane

CSUSB is a nice college. It has a fairly large, well-kept campus, mostly, friendly students, helpful faculty, great food, and plenty of programs and groups to join.

jenifer

I have to admit that at first I did not like the fact of coming to school here at CSUSB. However, after attending and getting the chance to meet great people, I feel in love with this campus and I am proud to be considered a coyote. I really love the resources this school has to offer us as well as the professors.

Burleena

The Kinesiology program here at Cal State is amazing and the professors are wonderful. They are all very helpful, easy to talk to, and they all have great personalities. I can say for the school that you truly get what you make of it. So if you do not go after what you are looking for then it wont be handed to you. There are so many programs that Cal State offers, there is no excuse for you to not get the best college experience.

Clarissa

I love this school! The staff, professor and students get along very well and never any conflict. The professor always make Class interesting and they make time to help students. There is help when ever a student needs it and many fun activities to get that college experience!

Kenny

I like it. The History department is full of knowledgeable and able-bodied staff. It's a good learning-time. They're there to go over thing with you if you need them too. The classes are full of students wanting to participate in class discussions. It's keeps you on your toes to learn as much as you can.

Liliana

My overall opinion of California State University-San Bernardino is that it is a generic college that strives to get whatever a student needs to be done, to graduate, done. If students would like to "up" their college experience with fun activities, then that is something they should do on their own or with their friend group.

Linda

Don't pay outrageous tuition prices at other school when you can get the same education for a lower price. Great college for the price. Great psychology and business department. If you are interested in research this is the place. The professors are awesome and very helpful.

Karina

My overall opinion of California State University-San Bernardino is amazing. It's such a free-spirited college and by the stories, my two brothers mention is like a dream school which is why I will be applying during my senior year which is around the corner. I can't wait to get more involved with the school, I have been on the campus and got to see everything by a field trip we took in Avid. There seem to be many events to do and the staff and students around were pleased to greet us and gave us luck for what's coming for us. I can not wait to be part of the coyote family.

Vivian

This school is very nice and green.

Javeen

I love it! I think CSUSB is a great place to receive your education, one of the best decisions of my life was coming here. The students and faculty are very nice. I've had so many opportunities open up for me here. Food is decent, but it does the job. Class sizes are good, some are huge and some are small. Its a safe campus, and I enjoy it here.

Jacob

easy to get in, not an exciting school :/

Joshua

The school is academically rigorous but the professors, in my experience, are not accessible enough for how demanding their courses are. The school has very little as far as shops or entertainment around it. I commute and there is very little commuter community. I enjoy the classes and their content, but I am very unhappy with the surrounding area.

Maria Fernanda

All in all, California State University of San Bernardino is a well-rounded campus with numerous resources from educational to one's personal interests. Both the students and faculty at CSUSB provide a warm-welcoming to the day to day activities on and off campus. There is never really a dull moment to experience here, and for that and more I'd say CSUSB is a top school.

Jose

This school is a crown jewel in our community.I really like this school because the professors are always there to assist you when needed. The academic and faculty advisers are great too. There is a lot of extracurricular activities that surround this school. The campus is beautiful and holds much diversity on campus. I would recommend visitng this campus.

Jesus

I'ma second year student here and I love it. I'm glad to chose this school because staff is so friendly. About 70% of the students who graduate from CSUSB they are first generation College Students. Therefore counselors and recruiters are trained to help those specific students.

Kimberly

California university of San Bernardino is a very diverse school. I enjoy being on campus. It is helpful, affordable and life changing. Students grow in life by going to that school. Profesors are very helpful and are available during regular office hours at all times.