San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

Amie

I think the best thing parents and students can do before looking into college, is have a variety to choose from. Its good to take tours of the campus and really get to see what the everyday life would be like at those campuses. After that is said and done, then find out where you are accepted, and view the pros and cons of each school.

I wish I would have known that we would be doing more group projects. Group projects can be hectic, but so far they have gone rather well.

The worst thing at this campus is, well, nothing. I can't really pinpoint one thing that is really a negative.

I would strongly encourage to look early, and take the time to visit the schools and look at the academic programs you are interested in. I also highly suggest looking at the classes required for your degree ahead of time and meeting with your academic advisor to help organize a 4 year plan. That will help the flow of classes combined together, and never not knowing how many more classes you have to complete your degree. While in college, just stay focused and remain positive. Through hard work, anything is possible. Use the resources your school provides, after all they are free, and can be very helpful. Also, I strongly encourage looking into a study abroad program, you can gain so much knowledge about the world that could never be taught in a classroom. And lastly, i encourage participation in intership programs. This will help you really find what you like, and will look fantastic on your resume.

A lot of them seem to come from upper class families, and they seem to been pretty well rounded students overall.

This school seems to being trying to set an academic standard, which is good. Although, there are a lack of engaging teachers, and teachers that really know how to TEACH the material, so a lot of outside teaching to yourself is necessary. Definitely for the self motivated hard working student. If I did not spend HOURS trying to understand the material, read, and take my own notes outside of class I would not even pass.

Katrina

Take full advantage of the opportunities you school offers. Embrace the people and surrounding areas of your college. Most of all enjoy college and have fun learning everything you can while your young! :)

A campus full of life and diversity with geniuely nice and educated people.

I wish I knew how to embrace the surrounding areas of the campus. Now as a junior at Cal State San Marcos I embrace the surrounding areas and take the opportunities around it. I love living in North San Diego County and I think it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Oddly enough I thought going to Cal State San Marcos I wouldn't get the full college expeirence because it was such a small school, but I geniuely like the school now and it has grown on me.

Joy

When deciding on where to go to college, look at the big picture. Try your best to find a place that offers a diverse amount of your interests. From my experience, I was so focused on finding a school that a would offer me an athletic scholarship and had my major that I did not even consider some other schools that offered tremendously more activites, clubs and the college atmoshpere I really wanted. In addition, I would definitely tell them not to let their fear of being away from home or being afraid of not fitting hold them back from going to the school they really want to attend. At first it may be difficult to find your niche, but you will find people you connect with, and this time of your life is the best time to experience things for yourself that will be much more difficult to do when you settle down and begin your career.

There is not much of a college atmosphere at the school or in the community. For the most part, people do what they need to do and then leave for home; although, every year the school is becoming more unifed.

Someone who wants a great education in an easy going environment should attend this school. Classes are taught by professors who have previously worked in the field they are teaching. However, the school lacks unification and a college community feel. There are activities and clubs available, but you have to be willing to get yourself involved.

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.