San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

John

I believe CSUSM is a fantastic university where a student is able to explore multiple opportunities for the career path they have chosen. It is a relative small campus which means students have smaller class sizes that delivers a greater one on one experience with professors. The campus is continuously growing and developing more ways to help students succeed.

The school is a nicely built and maintained campus. The library and librarians are very helpful. Some instructors are great and are easy to get ahold of, but some you can only seem to reach during class time or when it is too late. The financial aid office is sloppy. They disburse money late and seem to mess something up each semester. Administration, in general, do not truly care about helping students, even if they are the ones who have made a mistake.

Vicente

CSUSM has its pros but it is a mainly a commuter campus which leads to a lack of campus life. They don't have a real cafeteria either. There are like three restaurants covered by the meal plan and as a student living on campus, I just cook for myself.

Chloe

CSUSM is a small school, there's no denying that. It's also a commuter school so most people do not live on campus. But, it's still very tight knit and active. There is always something happening on campus. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 to 1 is U-Hour when there are no classes for anyone. That's when clubs meet and other events usually happen. Connecting to other people, including faculty, is a priority at CSUSM.

Lillian

This campus is a lot smaller than other CSU's. It has been such an incredible experience so far. The campus is calm and relaxing. The class sizes are respectively small, around 30 or less in a class. Unless your in a big lecture hall then its a lot bigger. The parties are thrown my the frats and sororities. This schools housing is amazing. The Uva has a pool and its great.

jenna
good

interesting

good

interesting

Tiffany

In high school it is really easy to get caught up in relationships, and other things that potentially distract a focused mind, it can cripple the chances of fully succeeding. My advice would be to really focus on myself, and not get wrapped up in temporary problems. Also to tell myself that high school is only difficult as I make it seem, that it's much easier than college. The other advice I would give would be to value the free education that was granted to us as high school students, because things become so expenisve in college. I would tell myself to lighten up, quit stressing about things that are out of my control. I was worrying about whether my dad would be able to pay rent, I was worried about our next meal. I would tell myself that my dad loves me and he is trying the best that he can. I would tell myself to remind my parents that I loved them, and that I apperciated everything they do for me on a daily basis. Lastly, I would give myself a hug and let myself know that my depression and self harm tendencies would subside.

The resources at my school not only help the students learn, but it also encourages us to succeed. It feels good to know that the professors at my school want the students to pass, and that they care about our well-being.

I brag about the quality of my learning experience. As I said previously, the professors at CSUSM are amazing! They have a passion for teaching that shines brightly in the classroom. With typically small classrooms it is easy to build a connection with professors and our peers.

Carlos

My school is comprised of several professors that will go the extra mile for their students, CSUSM is a place where diverse ethnic backgrounds intertwine and become a single force to be reckoned with. California State University of San Marcos is very sociable and genial all around, it is also a great place for a student to persue their long term goals such as becoming an engineer or a nurse.

California State University of San Marcos was one of the first California State Universities to have their own LGBT center. What is the LGBT center you may ask? It is a place where Lesbias, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgenders can go and socialize or just have a place to do their school work, a place where negativity is cast aways and a friendly vibe comes of this center.

Hey kid, I know you hated High School, looking at all those teachers who did not care for you or even bothered to give you an honest positive feedback from your exams; however, the University where you are going to attend is full of amazing teachers. Trust me, all those, "Good Job!" comments will become more complex and actually help you as you advance through University. From, "Good Job!" to "This paragraph was composed of several keywords that relate to the chapter which made this paper enjoyable, try to use other points of view in the second paragraph. ". What I want you to always remember is that University is not as hard as everyone exaggerates about or as nerve-recking, I must be honest, the first time I arrived at my dorm I felt lonely and a bit depressed, be ready for that by the way. However, I met my roommate and everything became more casual as if I was at home again. One more thing, I can not stress this enough, be ready to give up various hours of video games and social media hours to study and do your homework, you are a straight A student.

Raihana

CSUSM is diverse, friendly, and very easy to fit into.

CSUSM is diverse, friendly, and very easy to fit into.

Take AP and Honors courses! Those courses will help you prepare for the work load in college and will help you save money on courses as well. Plan a career path when your in high school and give yourself some time while doing your general ed. Think long and hard about what you want to do so you can get in and get out! Don't switch up your major too much, it will waste your time. However, make sure you pick a field that you love and envision yourself having a career in. Have an open mind! The time you spend in college and the people you meet will change you. Its an amazing feeling to grow as an individual with the education you recieve and learning from the people around you. Do what you love and be open to figuring yourself out, life will never saty the same. Meet new people, learn from people, travel, and plan your future with your best interest.

the class sizes are great and the professors are awesome. if you need help they will do thier best to help you

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.