San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

Josue

It is a college that accepts everyone, it is affordable, and earning a degree is fairly easy.

Arianna

My first year of attending California State University-San Marcos is almost over, but although the year went by surprisingly quick, I feel more at home in my dorm on campus than I do in the home I've spent about 19 years of my relatively short and moderately pleasant existence. The students actually want to be here and are willing to put in an amazing amount of effort to get what needs to be done finished. In my hometown, I didn't feel safe walking around by myself, but at the university I can walk around all I want whether it's to go to the nearby Ralphs for groceries or just to walk around to clear my head. I may be new to the college experience but I can safely say without a doubt that I know I chose the right college for me.

Sonia

California State University has values that align with mine. They value equality, diversity, acceptance and tolerance. They encourage their students to speak up and fight for what is ethically correct and for the values previously mentioned. They want their students to properly articulate arguments and different points of view; therefore the university incorporates writing assignments into all the departments.

John

I believe CSUSM is a fantastic university where a student is able to explore multiple opportunities for the career path they have chosen. It is a relative small campus which means students have smaller class sizes that delivers a greater one on one experience with professors. The campus is continuously growing and developing more ways to help students succeed.

The school is a nicely built and maintained campus. The library and librarians are very helpful. Some instructors are great and are easy to get ahold of, but some you can only seem to reach during class time or when it is too late. The financial aid office is sloppy. They disburse money late and seem to mess something up each semester. Administration, in general, do not truly care about helping students, even if they are the ones who have made a mistake.

Vicente

CSUSM has its pros but it is a mainly a commuter campus which leads to a lack of campus life. They don't have a real cafeteria either. There are like three restaurants covered by the meal plan and as a student living on campus, I just cook for myself.

Chloe

CSUSM is a small school, there's no denying that. It's also a commuter school so most people do not live on campus. But, it's still very tight knit and active. There is always something happening on campus. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 to 1 is U-Hour when there are no classes for anyone. That's when clubs meet and other events usually happen. Connecting to other people, including faculty, is a priority at CSUSM.

Lillian

This campus is a lot smaller than other CSU's. It has been such an incredible experience so far. The campus is calm and relaxing. The class sizes are respectively small, around 30 or less in a class. Unless your in a big lecture hall then its a lot bigger. The parties are thrown my the frats and sororities. This schools housing is amazing. The Uva has a pool and its great.

jenna
good

interesting

good

interesting

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.