San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

Tiffany

In high school it is really easy to get caught up in relationships, and other things that potentially distract a focused mind, it can cripple the chances of fully succeeding. My advice would be to really focus on myself, and not get wrapped up in temporary problems. Also to tell myself that high school is only difficult as I make it seem, that it's much easier than college. The other advice I would give would be to value the free education that was granted to us as high school students, because things become so expenisve in college. I would tell myself to lighten up, quit stressing about things that are out of my control. I was worrying about whether my dad would be able to pay rent, I was worried about our next meal. I would tell myself that my dad loves me and he is trying the best that he can. I would tell myself to remind my parents that I loved them, and that I apperciated everything they do for me on a daily basis. Lastly, I would give myself a hug and let myself know that my depression and self harm tendencies would subside.

The resources at my school not only help the students learn, but it also encourages us to succeed. It feels good to know that the professors at my school want the students to pass, and that they care about our well-being.

I brag about the quality of my learning experience. As I said previously, the professors at CSUSM are amazing! They have a passion for teaching that shines brightly in the classroom. With typically small classrooms it is easy to build a connection with professors and our peers.

Carlos

My school is comprised of several professors that will go the extra mile for their students, CSUSM is a place where diverse ethnic backgrounds intertwine and become a single force to be reckoned with. California State University of San Marcos is very sociable and genial all around, it is also a great place for a student to persue their long term goals such as becoming an engineer or a nurse.

California State University of San Marcos was one of the first California State Universities to have their own LGBT center. What is the LGBT center you may ask? It is a place where Lesbias, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgenders can go and socialize or just have a place to do their school work, a place where negativity is cast aways and a friendly vibe comes of this center.

Hey kid, I know you hated High School, looking at all those teachers who did not care for you or even bothered to give you an honest positive feedback from your exams; however, the University where you are going to attend is full of amazing teachers. Trust me, all those, "Good Job!" comments will become more complex and actually help you as you advance through University. From, "Good Job!" to "This paragraph was composed of several keywords that relate to the chapter which made this paper enjoyable, try to use other points of view in the second paragraph. ". What I want you to always remember is that University is not as hard as everyone exaggerates about or as nerve-recking, I must be honest, the first time I arrived at my dorm I felt lonely and a bit depressed, be ready for that by the way. However, I met my roommate and everything became more casual as if I was at home again. One more thing, I can not stress this enough, be ready to give up various hours of video games and social media hours to study and do your homework, you are a straight A student.

Raihana

CSUSM is diverse, friendly, and very easy to fit into.

CSUSM is diverse, friendly, and very easy to fit into.

Take AP and Honors courses! Those courses will help you prepare for the work load in college and will help you save money on courses as well. Plan a career path when your in high school and give yourself some time while doing your general ed. Think long and hard about what you want to do so you can get in and get out! Don't switch up your major too much, it will waste your time. However, make sure you pick a field that you love and envision yourself having a career in. Have an open mind! The time you spend in college and the people you meet will change you. Its an amazing feeling to grow as an individual with the education you recieve and learning from the people around you. Do what you love and be open to figuring yourself out, life will never saty the same. Meet new people, learn from people, travel, and plan your future with your best interest.

the class sizes are great and the professors are awesome. if you need help they will do thier best to help you

Brittney

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would give myself the advice of being outgoing and willing to break out of my shell. I would also tell myself to try and join a club or sport.

The worst thing about this school is that it is on a hill, so there are a lot of stairs to climb going to class. When the elevators are broken and you have to climb up 4 flights of stairs, you get into class all sweaty. That is the worst part of this school.

I brag about the school spirit, all the teachers, and how helpful everyone is. They are always willing to go out of their way for the students.

Karri

It is environment friendly and it is a safe and comfortable place to be. It has help resource centers and the atmosphere around campus is joyful.

If I could go back to myself when I was in high school I would say that life is hard but if you work for what you want, you can reach your goal. I would also remind myself that things do not always go as planned so just relax and let life fall into place, because it will work out in the end. I would also advice myself to be social because having friends in classes help you learn, and also become life long friends. The most important lesson I would teach myself is to be well organized because keeping track of upcoming event will prevent frustration and pain later on. Being well organized and having time management skills would be great advice to give to myself because it would help me to succeed and avoid future problems.

A person who is silly because San Marcos is a great school who can help anyone. I feel that San Marcos is school where everyone can come and feel good and helped.

Karri

California State University of San Marcos is environmentally friendly but also makes me feel very secure. The architecture of the buildings is amazing and there are so many historic monuments. California State University of San Marcos is a comfortable and helpful place that I am proud to be attending.

I love California State University of San Marcos because they help and work with you to succeed even when you are struggling or behind. They offer free tutoring for any subject if needed. There are so many helpful resources on campus that have helped me meet new people and to pass my classes with outstanding grades. The campus police are very alert and active throughout the day.

Joshua

My school, being new, has the potential to become an amazing school, but due to the age, the institution may not provide the ideal college experience.

I know that you are afraid to step out of your comfort zone, and I know that what you fear the most is the thought of letting go of the life that you built for yourself up until now, but you can't let these irrational fears, or any fear, stop you from having an amazing college experience. Everyone is hurt, or knocked down the same way and fear only dictates the negative impact, so stop being afraid and realize that your fear is an indication of your weak points. You will make mistakes experience loss, from relationships to disapointment, but loss is inevitable, so rather than looking at what you have lost, look at what you have left, becasue the things that you do have left, like your talents or your friendships, will help you heal, and just as a bone is the strongest after the break, you will be a stronger person after your loss. The actual transition to college only takes a few weeks, and knowing you, you are strong enough to handle it, but I urge you to make as many mistakes as possible, becasue by the end, you will be unstoppable.

Because there are an influx of science majors, enrolling in a science related course, like physics, chemistry, or biology, is next to impossible, and becasue I have transferring credit, but can't enroll in even a single science course, I am slowly running out of general education courses and run the risk of having to take classes that i don't need.

Desirae

My classmates at Cal State San Marcos are supportive of others, respectful to professors and colleagues, hard-working, and self-motivated individuals that are determined to succeed.

It feels like the world is against you, I know. Your parents do not understand you, there is pressure to be the "best dressed" every single day, and every little thing seems so important. You cannot wait to leave your house and have your own freedom. You do not want to do chores or follow the rules your parents have set for you. You want to be rebellious and do whatever you want. In the end, it is insignificant. Those high school relationships will fade. It is sad, but true. Once you are in college, it will not matter where you sit during your lunch period. You will learn that your family is, and has been, the most important support system in your life. Your parents have been with you since day one and they have stuck with you all of this time. Your parents will become the people you talk to the most and share your struggles with. Do not stress over the little things and laugh them off. Learn to treasure the time you have with friends, have fun, and live in the moment. Learn to not worry about what makes other people happy and focus on you.

A person that should attend this university is somebody who is aiming to become a very confident and well-rounded individual. A student who is not afraid to ask for help will most definitely succeed in this university. A person who is motivated and willing to try and make mistakes will thrive at Cal State San Marcos.

You have been accepted to UCR and CSUSM, I know everyone is pushing you to go to San Marcos for their nursing school, but believe me, this is not for you. You will take a nursing class and you will absolutely hate it. Medical school seems almost impossible but you can do it. Don't let others' beliefs get in your way, you and only you can create the path towards your dream. Don't reach for nursing when you know that your heart is set on medical school. I know it may seem overwhelming now but it is better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all and remain wondering for the rest of your life: what if i had gone to UCR? What if I actually became a doctor? Don't undermine yourself, go for UCR, live out your dream! Making mistakes is okay. It's okay for you to make the wrong decision, because if it is something you really want, you will look for another way to continue your path towards you dream!

Before I started attending CSUSM, I had my hopes set on their nursing program. I knew it was competitive but I was willing to take on this challenge. Towards the end of my first semester, there was a required meeting for all pre-nursing students in which they sat us all down and basically encouraged all of us to switch majors. There were over 600 applicants and only 40 available slots for the program. This seemed ridiculous and I was very frustrated that they had not informed us about this sooner.

If you want to go to Cal State San Marcos, be prepared to rip your hair out now! Don't get me wrong, it is a great school when it comes to student-teacher ratio, but this won't do you any good if you can't get the classes you need. If you want to graduate in five plus years, go right ahead, CSUSM is right for you. If you want to finish in time before you retire, I strongly recommend considering a different University.

Erin

take your time and try not to have your hardships take over your education. I think that was a fall back for me because life was interferring with my grades and focus and my focus also needed to be high GPA so i could get more funding to further my education and not stop at just a BA degree

the best thing about this school was the service learning projects and getting involved with the community. Non-profit organization interaction was a good way to get connected with the community and learn new ways on how organizations are out there to assist people.

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.