San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

Tripp

I would say that most of the so called "friends" in high school are not friends at all. They are only are hanging out with you or choosing not to hang out with you because it makes them appear to be in the "in" crowd. But when you get to college, whether or not you were in the "in" crowd in high school immedaitely ceases to matter. This is because when everyone gets to college no cliques or groups exist because everyone there is away from home and their high school "friends" and they are all now in the same boat along with you and thus have to start all over and make new friends. In this situation, whether or not any person is apart of some clique doesn't matter since these don't exist, but rather the only qualities that matter for friend making are those that are truly yours - not what you pretend to have or others think you have. Thus the friends that you will make in college will truly be your friends because they will cherish you for who are and will be your friends for life.

Rebecca

Prepare yourself for writing requirements. Invest the time to improve your writing skills and abilities before your first paper is due. Become involved on campus in someway whether its arts and culture, clubs, sports, outreach programs etc. Invest time and involvement in volunteering and community efforts, because it will only beneift you inwardly and outwardly. Most importantly enjoy the college wave, because it most likely will only come once.

The inability to accommodate all the needs of its student base. For example, enough seats in a classroom, enough sections for classes and waitlists.

What I am most proud of at CSUSM is the relatively small size of our campus at the moment, but how capable and willing we are to grow as an institution. Just recently I have been 'bragging' about our new baseball field we just aquired. Also, we are an environmentally consious campus and have won 6 straight RecylceMania national intercollegiate recycling competitions.

Vanessa

To be extremely disciplined, focus on my studies for the future. Talk with college counselors, tour a college campus and maybe even take a college course.

Students looking to attend a college with a city vibe, family feel and good academics/professors

Laura

Networking is the most important thing ever! get involved and dont be afraid to shout out your own ideas and opinions. Get involved with sports, clubs, internships and especially your professors. Your instructors are the key to alot of opportunities like important contacts, internships of all kinds and most importantly jobs for after graduation. Getting to know people in other clubs and majors will help you overall know exactly what you want to do and how you want to approach your goal.

The best thing about my school was teacher aid and easy access to student organizations and involvement. Getting Involved in the Human Development Club was the best decision ever.

The worst thing about my school is the acadamic advising appointments which were not helpful at all, and the parking fees which are way over priced.

Michelle

I love my campus, it has the kindest people and it's by many food shop and stores.

Since I started college, I have become more independent and responsible. Taking my own choices and being responsible for my school work as well as my athletic responsabilities I have learned how to handle certain situations. I have realized it is my time to start creating my corner stones for my future.

The worst thing about the campus is that there are a lot of stairs, its a bad thing because people who are disabled have a hard time getting around.

sarah

My school is best known for its beautiful and clean campus. It is fairly new and is kept very clean and safe. I appreciate its utilities such as the gym, the fields, the parking sturcture, and the Kellogg library. Our library is the most extensive of all the libraries in the CSU system.

I have so enjoyed my college experience thus far. I have learned concepts and tools that I will truly take with me for the rest of life. Not only what you learn in the textbooks or within the classroom, but how to communicate with professors, how to do nearly everything on your own, and how to successfully manage your time. I have learned to understand HOW I learn and the steps I must take in the classroom in order to maintian that information. Nothing is "easy" in college and nothing is handed to you with no strings attached, however it shows you how the real world operates, and what you can do to be a powerhouse in this world. I have learned my passions and my talents; this gift alone is what I consider to be invaluable.

I have alot of good things to say about California State University San Marcos. The professors are very helpful and are interested in your learning. I have had a few of them stand out to me over my time there and I still remember their advice. I have used their advice and motivationaly words not only in their class, but in many of the ones of have taken after.

Bethany

It is best known for the stairs. CSUSM has the largest amount of land out of all of the CSUs but CSUSM is just not fully built. We are located in San Marcos and it is kind of hilly. So our campus is built up and not out. But after that comes the great staff and teachers and the amazing dorm rooms.

I am getting better grades in college than I am in high school because I love the classes I am in as well as the teachers. My professors are great and really help me if I do not understand something. I am able to make a schedule that works well for with classes that I am actually interested in, while also still working to help put myself through college. I can apply what I learn in my classes to my everyday life and I love how I can relate that more now to my life today. I know that by attending college I have a better chance at being successful at life and my professors support my success. I can learn to be an adult while at college because it requires a lot of maturity and it also requires discipline and some tough decisions. I would not take back the choice I made in my college because it fits me just right.

The school is very easy to navigate as well as the building are all very new and look amazing. It is just the right size for a student who is looking for medium size classes. The staff and teachers are always willing to help and want you to succeed. The school has great security and good parking. It has many different resources including the library, the career center, the womens center, the pride center, among many others. It has fraturnities and sororities, for those interested in Greek life. We have a great track and soccer team, with a great gym!

Lindsey

CSUSM is a great commuter school and good if you are looking for a relatively good education for less money.

The most important thing I have gotten out of my college experience, so far, is a value for diversity and a greater tolerance for differences. My most challenging and favorite classes have been the ones where I've studied issues of racism, discrimination, gender stereotypes, LGBTQ issues, and women's issues. These are the classes that I feel I have been most impacted in and have grown and matured in. Being exposed to others students' opinions that are completely different than my own has forced me to open my eyes to my own prejudices and stereotypes. and rethink ideologies that I have always held on to so tightly. College is an opportunity to broaden one's visions and horizons and being an individual who is empathetic, compassionate, and aware of other?s struggles. Those who fight on behalf of others are a very important contribution to society and progression. If it were not for those who were willing to stand up and fight against injustice , our society would be a dark and unaccepting.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to meet friends while being a commuter

Cal State San Marcos is a beautiful, quiet and fun campus. You can sit anywhere around campus and soak up the sun, while reading the assigned pages for history class. There are activities held during U-Hour(12:00pm) and your fellow students sell unique shirts or bracelets. Other days, the Red Cross Truck is out so you can save lives. Then, there are clubs like ASI you can join. Most of the professors are kind and very helpful. They are there to help you move forward to your graduate program. Overall, CSUSM is a pretty laid back campus.

CSUSM is a small campus, so you'll see some of the same people in your classes. Most classmates are energetic to be at college. We are all there for a higher education. It's voluntary to be there, as many professors say. So if you're in class, you WANT to learn, and take the information to your profession. People are friendly. I talk to many of my classmates in class and some have invited me to go out to lunch with them. Cal State San Marcos is a friendly campus.

During my first semester at California State University San Marcos, I've broadened my horizons for the future. I've learned things about the mind in philosophy and psychology. This has fueled my desire to enter the field of medicine. I enrolled in an Intro to Theatre class and this has made me want to pick up some acting. I would like to take some acting classes for fun and see where that takes me. I've made new friends, more than I had in high school and this has boosted my confidence level. I'm excited to attend classes every day. It has been valuable for me to attend class because to get into the Nursing program I need a gpa of at least 2.0. My first semester, my gpa was 3.4! I have worked hard for the grades I achieved. I'm ecstatic for the progress I'm making in college and cannot wait to start my career. Success is fueling me toward a good future. Overall, I want to live a comfortable lifestyle and make my parents proud.

quincey

I have gained a variety of experiences both good and bad from being in college. From doing my first team project with a person from a foreign country who I could barely understand to being on my own and living with roommates for the first time. College has helped me grow into a better and more diverse person. On top of gaining experience that will lead to a career being in college is a world among itself that will teach you many things about the world if you let it. While I 'm not so happy about the debt I obtained while in college the information I received more than made up for it.

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.