California State University-San Marcos

« See more reviews of California State University-San Marcos

Visit the campus first, while school is in session and also while class is not in session. Ask around about the campus, as students how they feel about the campus, talk to professors or administrators, research the location and the neighborhoods or surrounding areas.

just enjoy and have fun, don't take everything too seriously. Know when its right to focus on school and when its time to have fun. Doing good in school does not make you a geek :) be proud of your grades and proud of yourself for making it and applying to college.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I might suggest taking more AP courses so I could have a chance to graduate early. Other than that, I am happy where I am now and I am happy with the choices that I have made to get here.

Look for a school that is a fit for both the parents and the students. Be sure the academic environment is something you are willign to associate yourself with. Get involved as much as possible, soak it up and don't let anything pass you by.

Don't be afraid to step out of the box, try new things... and participate as much as possible. You will only get out what you put in. College is a once in a lifetime opportunity, have fun while you're there. Study, study, study!

Take full advantage of the opportunities you school offers. Embrace the people and surrounding areas of your college. Most of all enjoy college and have fun learning everything you can while your young! :)

Find a college that will best suite your abilities and do not worry about the name or the prestige of the college. Just make sure it has what you want and it helps you become a better person in the end.

I would have encouraged the younger me to finish college while serving in the military since I tend to fit in better with the older graduate culture than I do with the younger undergraduate culture.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would give myself the advice of being outgoing and willing to break out of my shell. I would also tell myself to try and join a club or sport.

Make sure you have contacts for a job before you leave campus. Make friends with the people graduating the year before you in your program, because they might have job contacts you need later.