California State University-Stanislaus Top Questions

I wish I was more familiar with the workload of college. Knowing that i wish I could go back to my highschool career and taken more college credit classes to further myself in the future. I believe that would have made a very big difference and would have helped me excel and be further on track to seeking my B.S. Degree in Biology.

I wish I would have been more aware of the different clubs available, as well as scholarship opportunities. I only took out loans to pay for school, and now I'm regretting it. All in all, I really love how the campus is set up, how the classes are typically small, and the professors/students are very friendly.

Diana

I wish I know how far away it was from my home because I will not have my family close to me since they live in Los Angeles and i will not. I am really going to miss them and my friends. I also wish i knew that it will be hard getting into the major of Nusring because there is limited space. I wll have to work very hard if i want to get into nursing because it is not a easy career.

Jorge

I wished that I would have had it set in my mind that I wanted to pursue a minor or a major in philosophy as well--apart from my primary major,i.e., psychology. It was only prior to my last semester that I decided to minor in philosophy. If i had made that decision from the get go, I could have taken philosophy couses during both summers that I was there and have acquired a B.A. in philosophy along with my B.A. in psychology. To me that is one of the most awesome combinations.

I wish that I knew how important it is to have GOOD recommendation letters available., especially those from previous professors and other professional contacts. A good recommendation letter will enable you to easily apply for scholarships and grants as well as give you good character references when looking for work.

What career field I wanted to enter and to research the necessary courses needed for that field.

Delores

I wish I had known it is hard to find parking

Originally, I was applying for my B.S. in Chemistry. However, I could not apply for my B.S. degree because I took Organic Chemistry I and II at Modesto Junior College, where those classes are lower-division units. At CSU Stanislaus, they are the same classes, but are upper-division. This prevented me from getting my B.S. degree, and now I must settle with a B.A. degree in Chemistry. Had I known that I needed Organic Chemistry upper-division units at CSU Stanislaus, I would not have wasted my time taking those classes at Modesto Junior College.

Mario

I wish I would have known the different career options that were available for me. I wish that there would have been more career fairs and perhaps a career center to help me find a job after I received my B.A. It would have been nice to have previous successful Stan State students come and explain their road and how they got there. Having more internships available would have been helpful, a more hands on environment to really decide what you want to focus on in school.

I wish I had known that there would be a a chance that tuition is subject to drastic increases over a short period of time. The California budget crises has led the state legislature to use universities as one of the solutions to the current budget crises. There has been a 33{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} increase in fees recently and more are expected.

Bobbie

I wish I had known how to manage my time better because I had a tough time while procrastinating for my final exams.

I wish i had known that the financial aide office was EXTREMELY difficult to deal with!!....I never have money for books, living expenses, etc before 3 -4 weeks into a semester.....also, i did not realize that this school has no football team, no wrestling team and very few "male" encouraged sports other than soccer

Tia

College is about learning new things, not taking the required classes. I wish I had used more of my first two years to try out new classes rather than plunging right into my major.