Calvin College Top Questions

Calvin College truely does prepare you to do the best, and rarley have I ever seen an instution who wishes for their students to truely succed. While many other universities are known for their research and their long list of 'resumes' in what the university has accomplished, Calvin colllege takes pride in its proffessors to truely invest in their students. I can't complain as to Calvin not fully prepairing me for my college experience. If there is one thing I wish I knew more of before coming to Clavin it was the local cities and enviornment.

Have fun in college while making sure to manage your time wisely and conduct yourself as a responsible metacognitive learner. Stay focused and don?t become discouraged when schoolwork gets tough. Balance your social and academic lives, but don?t stress out too much about it. Never be afraid to ask questions because there are plenty of resources that are more than willing to help you out such as professors, upperclassmen tutors, and advisors. Finally, do not let anyone (including yourself) tell you that you cannot reach your dreams.

I wish I would have known that they are a reformed school and really are trying to reform you into what/who they want.

Aleea

A big part of the college experience is growing up; this cannot be accomplished if we are 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} sure that everything will go smoothly. Not knowing the future has a huge influence on the way we experience events in the moment, and I would not want to ruin that for myself. I think that if I were able to tell my past self something it would be advice from a song sung by Brad Paisley: ?And I?d end up saying have no fear / these are nowhere near the best years of your life.?

Hallie

I wished that I had known that I would meet some wonderful people, so it was not necessary for me to stress out as much as I did.

I wish I had known more about all the resources that Calvin provides to help their students, such as tutoring, help with writing and editing papers, and help with computer problems.

I wish I knew how long and cold the winters in Michigan are !

What the student life would be like. What the course load was going to be like. I wish I knew that students who attend Calvin College weren't really out to change the world somehow but rather are just following allong the steps of their parents. I also wish someone had told me just how conservative this school can be, and that many students are suffering from depression. I wish I had other choices.

michaellynn

It's a very cliquey school - mostly wealthy children from dutch private schools.

Claudius

Very very Dutch

Perry-David

I would have liked to have known how to get books cheap. I also would have liked to have known how registering for classes and how majors and minors worked. I grew up in Europe, so it took me a lot longer to figure everything out than most people here.

not as much to do as most colleges

Jayme

I wish I had comprehended how challenging it was, in the academic sense. Also, perhaps, the methods by which learning occurs--most especially the fact that daily assignments and quizes are often offered in classes to encourage students to attend each class each day it is offered.

Nathanael

I wish I had known more about myself and about the world. I knew enough about Calvin. I also wish I had known more about other colleges and taken the time to research and visit them.