Cameron University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cameron University

I'm a returning student after a 13 year break. Cameron has made it such a smooth transition. Staff is excellent and helpful, Professors are easily accessible and understand that students have lives outside of school, so are incredibly accommodating. Other students are very friendly and helpful when needed. 10/10 would recommend.

Nevijah

I feel as though Cameron is a great school to attend especially if you want to be close to home and are on a budget. You get the chance to meet many different people from all over the world and its so much fun. All the professors make time for each student, and there's always fun side activities to do.

Marina

I absolutely love the environment! Being at Cameron has made me more appreciative of a small university. The class size, especially for general education classes never exceeds more than 30 or 40 (compare this to a larger school where general education classes are 100+). Because the classes are so small, the professors know you by name, are a lot more involved in your academic success. I have had professors stay up with me at 11 pm to help me understand the course material. I am beyond appreciative of the effort I see from the faculty and professors. Along with this, the campus is very diverse. With a military installation neighboring the city, Cameron has students from all age groups and backgrounds. Which makes group projects and class discussions that much more interesting. Cameron is also a huge advocate for international students. I have made some amazing friends from all over the world just by attending some of their sponsored events!

Patrisha

Cameron University is a great school. The professors and students are friendly and always wanting to help each other with anything. The campus is a very safe place to be. Cameron University is a school that cares about their students education and is willing to help students to graduate on time and possibly go on to the graduate programs.

Jeffrey

Cameron University has a lot to offer with minimal complaints. The classrooms are all well kept and all provide a very welcoming environment. Some of the technology could use an update, such as the computers, and projectors. The professors understand what they teach and have no issues with helping any students with any problem they may have. There is an attendance policy that is well needed which keeps most students from staying home or avoiding the university all together.

Jessi

Personally, I enjoy Cameron. I have not had many problems with the university, but the few I have had were taken care of in a timely fashioned without any fuss. The class sizes are small so I am able to get somewhat closer to the professor and they know everyone by name. It is definitely the college I want to graduate from in 2 years.

Lashawndra

Cameron seems like a starter university. I've seen quite a few people I knew transfer after they have completed one or two years. Tuition is alright, but if you're considered out-of-state like I was, apply on the website, there is a scholarship on there that will help you only pay in-state tuition. Fairly small campus, you can walk from one end to the other within 15-20 minutes. It's beautifully maintained all year-round. I can't speak much on the food in the cafeteria, but the food in the common area is decent. They brew Starbucks coffee so that was a plus! Greek life isn't as prominent as it seems to be. I can't speak for all, but the professors specifically teaching my major are all great! The vast majority of them were either former police officers or have worked somewhere in the justice system at some point in time. They are very knowledgeable in what they teach and they are very approachable during their office hours (their office hours are consistent as well). Unfortunately, because Cameron has suffered severe budget cuts within the past two years, tuition has been raised twice, a number of departments have either been cut or merged with other departments, and certain classes are only offered around a certain time of the year.

Caitlin

Cameron University is a better fit for students who prioritize education over experience. Class sizes remain relatively small with a maximum of 40 students for most classes, and professors maintain regular office hours. Extra curricular activities are limited, including Greek life and sports. However, the price point is reasonable for most students and makes up for what it lacks.

I love going to Cameron. They have a couple campuses, so it makes it easier getting your education. The professors and staff are all super nice and willing to help you. The courses are well taught and they also have online classes if you need a flexible class.

Danielle

Cameron University is small and laid back. Nothing too exciting happens on campus. The tuition price is decent but could be better. The meal plan is too expensive for the quality of food we receive. The forming could look better and the village could be priced lower. The academics are decent.

Bethany

It is a great campus, but you have to make the most out of the small town experience. The food could be better in the cafeteria . I like the dorms I'm glad I chose no roommate it's better for me, but I did have some trouble with the temperature in my room, but staff handled it well.

Autumn

I love Cameron University, I’m glad I have the opportunity to attend Cameron to achieve my Biology degree. There are some problems around campus but they are easily fixed if spoken to the faculty and staff. I can’t wait to say I’m an alumni member. Go aggies!

Allissa

I have always loved Cameron. I went here as a concurrent student and new almost everyone right off the bat. Everyone is so kind and there is always available help. I have never had a problem with any professor or had any issues with wanting to go to class. I have been to a few other colleges and so far, they do not compare to Cameron.

Priscilla

I think that Cameron is a very good school for its price. The tuition is very affordable and the teachers are very engaging. On top of the already affordable tuition there are plenty of scholarships offered by the University. I am a fan of the class size because they are normal around 20 students and this allows for engaging class discussion and I feel encouraged to ask questions. The campus is also quite pretty although small, however, this does make it easier to get from class to class on time. For me it is a good school to adjust to college life before going on to a different school.

Diana

Cameron is a great school that's affordable and contains great academic classes. The class sizes are perfect so that the teacher gets to know you by name. The campus is beautiful and calming all school year. It's one of the best choices I've ever done.

Reba

I was scared about going back to school since it has been almost 13 yrs since i have been to school. But i just love the atmosphere and the professors are also amazing. Since i have a learning disability they are always trying to make sure i get everything done that i need help with. Cameron is just an all around great school.

Coral

Cameron University is a diverse campus with multiple opportunities to engage in social networking, and excel academically. Class sizes vary, but overall offer a welcoming environment without judgement. The courses along with the professors I have encountered are challenging, however they have offered a platform to grow academically and personally.

Rebecca

There are plenty of good programs in use here at Cameron University. The Nursing Program is a great LPN program. However many of the programs have taken severe cuts and we are short on teachers and many classes. The school is floundering and it's difficult to actually graduate with the required classes.

Kathryn

My sister is also a student here, and I attended her Freshmen orientation, and I realized how active the students were in the process. They were also full of team-spirit, dressed heavily in the school's colors, and screaming along to the school's song. It really opened my eyes, and excited me as well, even though I was not yet a student. Currently, I am a concurrent student and am planning on enrolling in classes for my freshman year of college, and am excited to be attending class as a full-time student.

Sara

I believe that Cameron University is a great place for getting an education. There aren’t many distractions and there’s always a place to do work that is convenient on campus. The student body is diverse and offers appt of opportunity to meet new people. I have and will recommend people to come to Cameron because personally I love it.

Hanah

I loved my experience at Cameron University. I spent five years there. The professors at Cameron are easy to talk to. They are helpful when you ask and try to best explain your needs to your learning style. I love the smaller class sizes; making the learning more personal. Campus life has grown since I have graduated. While I was in school it was slowly growing.

Breanna

The teachers are pretty good some don't explain things too well. They are good at being available for questions students may have. There isn't much to do in Lawton, if you want something to do you have to drive 1.5 hours to Oklahoma City or 3 hours to Dallas.

Soren

Cameron University has nice faculty and staff that seem to always be willing to help. The campus grounds look nice and well kept, and the professors care about your success. The only complaint I normally hear from other students is that parking is limited, but I never have problems with it.

Kenya

Our campus is beautiful and interesting. There's not really a lot to do around town, but we have some great tasting food. There's a decent arts scene and we love music especially. There's not really a lot of partying, but if you go North to OKC or south to Dallas you can find awesome concerts. It's also affordable to stay here for the duration of your time in college.

Shilyn

Everyone is friendly and nice! I needed help finding my classes on the first day and many people helped me find my way!! Cameron great

Asante

The university is comfortable in size and is budget friendly! I love the friendly environment and the education provided. If you are worried about not being accepted into a University, don't sweat! Cameron has a high acceptance rate! The community has plenty of events as well. CU there!

Caitlin

Cameron University is a very safe campus that puts the academic success of students first. Although it is a small campus, it has charm. The only issue that I wish would become more significant to the people of this University is the communication. There are so many beneficial amenities and qualities for students throughout the campus that go completely unnoticed. Getting students more involved with campus activities and connections would be an enormous step forward.

Vanessa

I believe Cameron University is an outstanding school to go to, and would recommend this school to anyone curious about it. What I like most about this school are the professors and there willingness to help you achieve your goals and help out anyway possible

William

It’s a decent college. The facilities are good and the classroom sizes are the best part of the campus just because you have more communication and access to the professor. The sports programs could be better and incorporate more sports however. Overall, Cameron is a really good school if you like good communication with you’re professors or can’t stand being in giant classrooms.

Breanna

i love the atmosphere and how the students are really involved in the community and i love the Aggie pride. The facilities are amazing ! You have plenty if housing options. The student orginzaions are really diverse and there is always something to be involved in whether it's from greek life to student politics there always something going on.

abigail

It is a amazing school and all students are friendly. I highly advise this for students looking for good colleges. I've heard they have a good nursing program. I rate this school a 11/10! I love college life there. The staff is helpful in all areas I can think of.

abigail

Destiney

I absolutely love this school and I am glad i chose to attend. I also love the professors, very attentive,informative,and outgoing. My English professor specifically is sweet and makes sure you are one track and she never lets anyone get behind if they are trying.

Destiny

It is an amazing campus and it small. I love the classes and the professors. I love their foods and drinks, it is very delicious. They had a very good program in early childhood education. I want to pursue my bachelor degree in that program. I want to raise my education to a higher level to show my future students how it's like to become a teacher. I made a lot of new friends and I cannot wait to start my freshman year with my new classmates and professors.

Carley

Cameron is a good school, but I think they've settled. There is so much room for improvement that no one really seems to care about. They have ample funds to make the campus life more enthralling, but not much space to achieve it. I think if the campus were more vibrant then students might be willing to hang around and get involved.