Canada College Top Questions

rico

Save up all my money. beacause housing and eating healthy is really expensive

Carmen

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advice myself to take advantage of all the opportunities that high school offers. Appreciate all the help that are given to me by teachers that care about my future. Also to take challenging classes that will help me prepare for college courses and not just take easy classes. Learn all the study skill that teachers tell me because I will need need for the future when I go to college or universities. Do alot of community service not just to look good in college applications, but to receive more opportunities for scholarships. Don't just wait for scholarships to appear, seek them at your high school, internet, etc. Save up money so that I can pay for my classes, books, and room. I would also say appreciate my parents because they want a better future for me and want me to get a good career. One last thing I would say is "Never give up on what I am doing, it may seem hard at first, but at the end it is worth it."

cinthya

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to be a critical thinker. Try to make a connection between class lessons and main ideas. Everything connects and making connections helps the lesson become easier to comprehend. You can also take more out of a class if you are able to tie it in with other subjects. I would also tell myself learn my own study habits and work on them. Learn to take time to do work rather than waiting until the last minute. A well thought out assignment would be a better product than a quickly thrown together assignment.

Anna

I would tell myself to plan way ahead and to make decisions my freshman year and know where I want to attend. I would also tell my self to involve my parents in my college plans and start saving money that I would need for tuition. Besides college planning I would tell myself to be very strict with deadlines and attendance, and to face problems straight on and not ignore them or run away from them.

Ivana

If I could go back to being a high school senior about to graduate I would definately make myself go straight to college. I would get all my resources and information I need together to go to school and not waste time like I did. Now being a wife and a mom I look back and if I would have gone straight to college this would be my last year in a 4 year institute but, it's my first. At my point in life, my inspiration is my daughter because I want to give her all the opportunities I had and more and help her be secure about herself and successful in life. I know I will finish college in a couple years. But if you are a senior high school student reading this, I am telling you GO FOR IT!!!! You can do it and don't regret it like I am doing now.