Cape Fear Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cape Fear Community College

Destiny

Cape Fear is a wonderful school. There are more than enough opportunities to find something that you like, whether it's the feminist alliance club or the astrology course that is offered. The cafeteria stopped making food a long time ago. However, there is a caterer every day, and we have students in the culinary arts program who run one of our local restaurants. This restaurant happens to be right around the corner from campus. Located in our historic downtown area, there are plenty of options to do between classes, as well as before or after. Many of the professors have office hours that are set, as well as always checking their e-mail. I have never gone more than a few hours before receiving a response. Class size is kept to a minimum and allows for students to get the best education and receive one on one attention when it's needed. When choosing to go to Cape Fear, I was constantly told that people move states to come here, and now I see why.

marissa

Cape Fear Community College is a wonderful place to further your education. Not only are the students nice, the professors are awesome as well. I am able to meet with my professors at any time if i have questions or i need help with studying for exams. Not only are the professors available at any time, the tutors also have availability just about whenever. I enjoy going to this college because I am able to enjoy learning but also have a sense of safety around the campus

katelyn

I love Cape Fear community college I think it is a great school to go to to figure out what you want to major in. The councilors there are very helpful. They help with setting up classes and which classes you need to take in your program they also help with financial aid and other questions people have. The teachers are very personable and great with answering questions and emails in a timely fashion. i would highly recommend someone to go here!

Becky

Before I got into my specific program, the classes were very different. When taking basic studies, I found the classes to be really easy, but I still learned a lot. In my program now though, classes are much harder and fast paced. Overall, this is a fantastic school, especially for being a community college. I would highly recommend that people check out their available programs because they are more than worth pursuing.

Since I started at Cape Fear in 2011, college life has gotten easier and more manageable for me. My campus is downtown, so there are a lot of shops and restaurants nearby, so I can easily walk in between classes to get something to eat. My professors are great and really care about their field and their students. All in all, I'd say Cape Fear has been a good experience for me and has helped me grow and learn more about who I'm supposed to be.

Gabrielle

Cape Fear Community College was the best decision I could have ever made and stuck with throughout high school. I attended an Early college program in high school that allowed myself to be fast tracked through high school and attend CFCC whilst still in high school for FREE. CFCC has three locations; North Campus- Castle Hayne, Downtown Campus- Wilmington, and the Burgaw Campus which is the smallest of the three. Each Campus has access to almost all of courses offered at CFCC. Being a community college, professors are more involved with students and the education given the small classes and student population. The students in attendance are from all walks of the state, country and occasionally the world. Cape Fear is very active within it's community and students future. They are always having events, job fairs, and other student lead activities to inform the population and student body about things going on in the community around us. Transportation to and from campuses was no issue at all with the city bus system having multiple stops on and around each campus for just a $1.25 per ride. Student housing is unavailable in the sense that it is offered through the school. However, conveniently there are housing complexes and apartments within and around all three of the campuses for public or student rent. Cape Fear Community College will always be a happy sect in my academic and personal career as a student and person.

Gunner

Cape Fear is a good school. But a lot of the programs are overly competitive so it makes it very hard to get into. I’ve been trying for 5 years to get into my program and I’ve finally gotten into it. I kind of wish I had just used that money to go to a big university. And CFCC needs more parking.

Meghan

CFCC is a great place to start off your degree. The classes are good sizes and most of the professors are amazing. My adviser sits down with me to make sure I am on the right track. The classes are hard but fair and there are plenty of resources at your disposal.

Wonderful, wonderful school. They truly value their students, and they are very much there to help their students succeed. I have never run into a problem with the staff, and they are all very friendly and helpful. We have great resources like the Learning Lab, and I'm so glad to part part of a couple of the campus organizations like Student Ambassadors and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society,

Christine

CFCC is where I was nurtured to believe my mental capabilities had not been fully realized. This college gave me true confidence in my intellect. I found strong-willed, female mentors at CFCC which I had never been exposed to before. My first semester sociology professor vocalized her interest in my potential and solidified my self-esteem. With newfound tenacity, I quickly discovered the honors program and found like-minded comrades and a new way of thinking. This snowballed to my discovery of CSTEP where my dream school is now attainable. This was only possible through the gateways that were discovered through CFCC.

Maria

I love it here! Everyone is so nice and willing to help if you have a question. The staff and other students are like a second family. The instructors are always willing to help if you have questions about their class or need help finding an internship, or just need to talk! Definitely happy I choose to be a sea devil!

Krista

Cape Fear community College is one of the best 2 year school I have seen and been apart of it. I was very upset when I found out I couldn't afford to go to a four year school. I was even more upset that it meant I had to go to a community college. I though that it meant I wouldn't get my college experience. but I was wrong this school has a great atmosphere, great teachers who actually care and you can't beat the location, right on the water in downtown wilmington. i love it!

Scout

Cape Fear Community College is a great school. Great professors and classes. I would never change my experience at Cape Fear. I would highly recommend. If you want to live near the beach. Cape Fear is a great place for you. There are many beaches that are located near campus. The students at Cape Fear are great too.

Deondra

Incredible, I've never wanted to attend school at any point until I attended CFCC. There's something for everyone, the class options are endless and the Teachers love what they do. There are multiple used book stores within walking distance from the campus. There's plenty of parking on campus, an abundance of food it's like they're begging people to enjoy the experience Cape Fear is amazing.

Margaret

I overall enjoy Cape Fear. The teachers are very knowledgeable and want to see their students succeed. There are a variety of interesting courses offered through this institution and this school prepares you for University life, if planning to attend one. Learning at Cape Fear has provided me with a new mindset about school and has encouraged me to keep getting better and increased my desire to learn. The teachers here really connect with you and are there to work out any issues you may have and are fair and kind about it. I plan to transfer to a University after I graduate in May 2018 from Cape Fear, and I may potentially return after I graduate from one of my desired Universities and pursue another Associate's degree in another field of interest that I have such as English or History.

Lindsay

Cape Fear Community College played a large role in shaping me into the individual I know myself to be today. I had so many caring and interesting professors who you could tell truly cared and wanted the best for their students. If I was able to receive a four year degree from here, I definitely would!

Ethan

Cape Fear Community College is a great segue to getting back into the school lifestyle. The campus is not overwhelmingly large and the classes are fairly condensed making it an extremely friendly environment. To add on, there are plenty of things to do and areas to visit no matter if you are at the more popular downtown campus or at the North Campus. If one is looking for a way to prepare themselves for a larger university or just trying to get back into the swing of things, I would highly recommend giving Cape Fear Community College a try.

This is my first year at this school and I am very impressed at how well everything is so organized and easily accessible. Parking is convenient, the buildings are up to date and clean, and it is affordable. The executive assistant at the front building, the teachers, advising department, most any employee that works at Cape Fear is very nice, caring, and very helpful. You can tell that they truly care about their students and want each and every person to succeed. I am so glad I made the decision to transfer to this school because it has been easy going, to say the least. I would highly recommend anyone to attend this awesome college.

Norma

My overall opinion of Cape Fear Community College is awesome. I will be a freshman this fall and hopefully graduate on 2021. My cousin was a student there and graduated last year. He had a great time and now I am going to go to am awesome school. Great advisors and counselors so far.

Marina

It’s like other community colleges, expect at Cape you’re professors become family and care about you exceeding in your major. There is no on campus housing but if there were I’d think it would hold to the standards to the rest of the school. There’s an amazing range within walking distance to eat and see for study breaks. While studying the library and learning center is accessible

Danielle

I like Cape Fear Community College! I started taking classes here my senior year of high school and have loved almost every class I've taken. The teachers are nice, the students are friendly, and the small campus makes it easy to get around. There's a great amount of diversity at Cape Fear with people of many different backgrounds and ages to meet. While many people can look down on Cape Fear because it's "just a community college", I think it's greatly overlooked. Cape Fear has so many opportunities for everyone, no matter where you are in life! I would recommend Cape Fear to anyone, no matter what your major is!

Attending Cape Fear was the best decision that I have ever made for myself. Although, it was not my first choice and I only heard of the school because of my athletic scholarship, I made the experience as a student-athlete. I love this school so much everyone on campus is super supportive and it is so easy to meet kind people. If I could go back I would make the same decision again.

Cape fear is a great school that offers great opportunities for students who can’t afford big universities! Also their are plenty of apartment building in the downtown Wilmington area for students who don’t already live in a Wilmington, NC. The school is located on the Cape Fear River and right next to the beautiful Riverwalk. Also there are plenty stores, food places, and historical buildings around to walk and explore during inbetween classes!

carmen

Overall CFCC is a decent school. The buildings are nice and all the other students are friendly. I have had an altercation with a professor there that made this school unenjoyable for me, and i cannot wait to transfer. until I graduate, being at cfcc is tolerable.