Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

Edie

During my first classes at Capella, I have had a great positive experience.

During my first classes at Capella, I have had a great positive experience.

Students are all working. Not all students are working while they are in school.

Lydia

Capella is a for profit university helping students- speecifically non traditional students achieve desired degrees

I would remind myself to stay focused and finsih school (Undergraduate) in my 20's. It has been a difficult road finishing my Bachelor's degree in my 30's and now almost finished with my masters in my early 40's. You are only young once, so have fun but remember what is important- work hard now to reap the benefts later.

Janet

Never ever give up on yourself. Keep that dream and not matter how many times you can't see your dream, it is always there.. never ever give up hope that eventually one day .. you will have what is yours. The work is hard and long and many tears will be spilled, but eventually your goals will be met and that is an amazing feeling!! Be strong!

That there would be many hills and valleys. Plenty of blood, sweat and tears. I would question myself and thoughts that I thought were set in stone turned out to crumble and I have learned new thoughts that are now build on success, higher self esteem by being praised from instructors.

Mary

There are none for an online school

There are none for an online school

That most students are working toward a degree and most are adults over 30. This is not an accurate stereotype. These people are multidimensional.

Since this is an online school the only things we have are discussion boards.

Working people trying to get a degree. Mostly adult

I am a little unsure of how to answer this question.

I am a little unsure of how to answer this question.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not waste the time available. I would recommend to start aplying to colleges and use my time wisely. Currently I am a single mom of a toddler and it is rough returning to college while trying to take care of my family. I would advise myself to go to college right after highschool, and not wait until my late twenties. I would also advise myself to remember those who I am close to. Sometimes as teenagers, we push those people away, but as an adult we realize time is short. I would make sure to remind myself to always stay positive, because even if life gets hard, you will always make it through. It is best to stay strong, no matter what you're going through, because one day you will have amazing little kids looking up to you to show them how they can be successful too. Most of all, I would stress to myself to stay in school and never give up.

Honestly, I would recommend this school to anyone. They are extrememly helpful in assisting you to enroll as well as creating an academic plan. If you have any issues with the courses or courseload you are taking, they will help figure out the best plan for you and your life.

Lynne

My overall opinion of Capella University is that this school offers some great resources to develop writing, critical thinking, and time management skills, as well as a resourceful library for research. In addition, Capella University offers a resourceful alumni program to network with colleagues, continue research, and self-paced learning (career development) programs.

Capella University has a variety of academics to choose from such as Education, Healthcare, Business, Technology, Public Service Leadership, and Social and Behavioral Sciences.

Naydja

The most popular acvtivities are the Residential colloquiums.

he student dynamics at Capella is one that fosters collabration between students through teamwork. It is a community of support.

Tracy

Our classmates vary by geography, age, and experience; and since the distraction of appearance is non-existant, so we are able to function in a class removed of visual presumptions, allowing us to relate and interact based strictly from our thoughts, beliefs, learned experiences, and intellectual identities.

Staring at the reality of high school ending and the real world of responsibility and defining who you will become can be overwhelming. Parents expect you to flip a switch and be a mature adult and teachers expect you to know exactly where and what career you plan to spend the rest of your working adult life. All you hear is how important it is for you to go to college and get a good job. First you have spent all your life confined to parents and teachers rules, now you facing college. Look at college as a way to grow your strengths and passions. Most students run to the freedom of college and struggle since parents and teachers are not micromanaging their time and work. They are taking classes they are expected to take. Start college with a balance. Find a part-time job you love. Realize that college does not need to be completed in four years, but needs to be completed passionately. Use your first year of college to take basics, but use the first year of college to explore opportunities for careers that you see yourself loving. Passion creates the desire to be a scholar.

I am a 43 year old adult student who works full time, has a full time family, and no time to drive to a brick and mortar school. Capella allows petitioning out of classes in which my experience counts as valid knowledge. Capella's online program gives students the unique opportunity to self-study and utilize instructors key input to complete assignments. Grades are based off narrative discussions and research papers, not just multiple choice tests. Programs are created to foster higher learning in a non-traditional lecture-free enviroment. Four words of learning: flexible, challenging, enlightening, and enpowering.

Angelina

My favorite campus tradition at Capella University is the university's policy of maintaining professional, supportive content though out the responses in the course room. It makes school work more positive and useful.

At Capella University students are encourage to keep an open mind and form opinions based on critical thinking. In my experience stereotypes are discouraged and students are supportive of each other. The academic environment is super.

At Capella University diversity is common among the student population which offers a wealthy of knowledge and the university maintains a policy of non-discrimination. All students should feel welcomed and supported. Because you are home for most of your classes, student get to be comfortable. When you attend a site training, appropriate attire will be expected. Students are from all backgrounds and each is welcomed and students are encouraged to continue to be professional and supportive. Political aware is a private matter and is not evidenced in classes.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.