Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

Michelle

Don't worry so much. Everything is going to work out. Enjoy your time in school. You're going to be learning in and out of the classroom.

The school understands that people have lives outside the classroom.

Annie

I would advise myself to find a school I feel comfortable being around and to take summer classes!

Other than the cost, really nothing, I 've had a great experience so far.

Catherine

Capella University has afforded me the opportunity to learn that I can balance work-life-school and though it is a struggle it can be done while allowing me the opportunity to achieve my life long dream of a degree. I

As a teenager looking to college I was naive and didn't understand the responsibilities of college and adulthood. My focus in high school was to maintain a 4.0 GPA, take Advanced Placement courses to afford me the opportunity to obtain scholarships and grants. I was awarded scholarships to the University of California at San Diego. Shortly after beginning my first semester I was forced to drop out of college due to personal reasons. Through the years I dreamed of going back to college and obtaining my degree but I was apprehensive. If I could rewind, I wouldn't change what transpired as this trying time taught me patience and perseverance. I realized that though I was unable to follow my desired path initially, that even as an adult I am able to balance work-life-school. I remember fearing that I couldn't manage the responsibilities of a wife-mother-student but I can attest that it is possible. Advice to myself would have been to set my goals high, have the foresight to accept that my plans may change and to be reassured that the future is limitless and not to let setbacks sway my goals.

Capella University is an on-line universityI am attending with a focus in Healthcare Management. The on-line educational experience is daunting and comes with rumors of challenges and difficulty. Hearing this created my apprehension and worry that I was making the wrong choice in continuing my education in a web-based environment. I found this is incorrect and the on-line environment is easily accessed and provides the format to meet the needs of an individual trying to collaborate the personal, professional and school related experiences. I would encourage anyone interested in this style of learning to research further.

jarrod

If you are a go getter and is axcious about jumping in the real world to work play or just hang out and provide for yourself or family , you should do that. If your a student that needs the class room setting to figure out what you wanna do or contribute to your community, then going straight to College after High School is for you. But unfortunately and unknowingly to any of us what can and is happensing presently in the economy and our economic future.. The advice I would give is ,if you can work and go to school or college online at the same time you should . I didn't have this convienient opportunity to take advantage of in 1985 this wasn't a t that time an option . The idea of this didn't flourish for some many 10 years or so later. Computers, cell phones, smart phones and online classes at your convienience from wherever you are is a great luxury that our forfathers didn't get to take part of . This is an opportunity that puts you on the cutting edge, give you global buisness knowledge , helps you and your family contribute to our economy.

Jimmie

The main thing I would stress to myself is to set goals as to what my major would be and take AP courses in high school to assist me in this major; work harder at maintaining my grades to be on the honor roll . The next step would then be to decide on a two year college first or to go directly into a four year university; investigate to see which is most beneficial. I would allow a set time to complete my degree. My goals would be written down where I can see them daily in order to assist me of what steps to take next and to keep me focused. I would keep telling myself to stay focused and not procrastinate.

The individuals that attend this university should be looking to further their education with the latest academics and technology offered. Capella is a top knotch university with outstanding online courses; interaction with the instructors is a accomplished and the learners interact with each other on a daily bases. Capella's online classes are outfitted very well for the individuals who already have a career and want succeed further in their careers.

The only individuals that need not attend Capella is the person that is satisfied with their current situatiion and does not want to advance in their career. Capella is also not for the individual that isn't willing to put fourth the effort to succeed and apply themslves; the online classes require a great deal of effort and interaction to complete.

Patricia

Capella University is an online university that is targeted toward working adults that are either going back to school or going to college for the first time.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I think I would have explored more possible careers before deciding what school to attend or declaring a major. At that time, I listened to my parents, friends, guidance counselors and I don't think I made the right decisions for me. Being out in the working world for a number of years, I now realize the importance of a college degree. While I have been relatively successful without one, it has been hard for me to get other companies to even look at my resume without having one. Having that knowledge in high school would have made me realize the importance of obtaining a college degree.

This school is perfect for the working adult that is trying to juggle multiple responsibilities. This school offers credit for prior work experience or prior college experience. The flexibility of the online environment allows for the individual to fit their schoolwork into their schedule.

janine

I would advise Highschool seniors to dream large and work hard. Our choice of occupation has a huge effect upon our lives and how we see ourselves. If we don't permit ourselves to dream and pursue what we are best suited for, and which is usually what also makes us truly happy and fulfilled, the quality of our lives suffer. I would tell them to live their dreams to the best of their ability.

When I speak about my University to my friends, I am most proud of its policies regarding our servicemen. Capella University offers many programs that ease the way for them to pursue an alternate career should they leave the service. As a child of a decorated veteran whose adjustment into mainstream life was not an easy path it matters greatly to me, that Capella makes this transition easy. I am also proud and occasionally brag about Capella's one on one relationships. My professors and fellow classmates are on a first name basis. We are online-and on target.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I'm unable to attend on campus as it's so far away. The online courses are excellent but it doesn't give you the same thrill as attending the University itself. I wish that my university offered more scholarship opportunities for students such as myself. Attending full time and on campus is a dream I still own and hopefully ...will have the opportunity to pursue in the future.. With the availability of scholarships such as yours, my dreams still have wings.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.