Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

Michel

My classmates are hardworking and enthusiastic.

My classmates are hardworking and enthusiastic.

Like most others I could say the lack of student aid, and/ or my bad marriage was a major factor in my decision to drop out of college. But, the fact is that I dropped out because I was not academically prepared. I lacked self-discipline and was emotionally disengaged. I have a very good job and felt like college was not a necessity. Unfortunately, I soon realized that I had instilled this behavior in my son. College has not been important to him. He was under the impression that anyone could land a good paying job. When I started at BCBCSFL in the 1997 that was true, but not today. I am back in school not only to better myself, but to encourage my son and show him anything is possible; and that you are never to old to learn. When I re-entered school back in 2007 it was not easy. I did not always pass my exams and I even failed a class. But I got up, dusted myself off and told myself that tomorrow would be different and each day would be brighter. So, what I have gotten was the confidence to try.

I tell people about how the online courses are organized. Besides the professor, each class is also assigned a technical anaylst to help with computer issues. The course work is divided into easy to follow units. The professor pre-records a video to explain the weeks expectations.

John

I feel as though I have gotten to open many doors to career opprotunities, and make many lasting friendships. One way I have been able to open career opprotunities is by gaining my degree, i will have a much lower chance of being laid off from a future job, which I have had toubles with previously. Also, I have had the ability to take internships, which has helped me to better decide on that career I would like to have in the future. Another way that my college experience has been valuable to me is through my gained ability to make long lasting friends. Through my participation in clubs, and study groups I have made many friends that I can connect with and relate to.

Randall

I made a good time magemnet routine for myself because I have a job and go school part time. This school definately helped me manage my time alot better.

Capella is not for the average person. I think Capella is for people you are already working but need that extra edge by going back to school. They can accomplish this by going to Capella University because the whole degree program is done online.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the first time learning experience of blackboard. It took me a couple of days to be able to fully navigate thourgh the menus properly and efficiently.

Steve

What have I gotten out of my college experience you ask? Well I have learned that when it comes to colleges one should really think twice about what school you wish to attend. I chose to attend a tech school because I could get a BA in three years instead of four. In order to do so one needs allot of help from financial aid, something I for one don't get. For example my advisor forgot to ok my private loan that I had to get to help pay for school. My advisor then called and asked when I am going to pay them, even though there was money sitting at school waiting to be finalized, but to make matters worse my advisor has lost important documents that contained vital information about me and my parents. So in closing its best to choose a well rounded school not one that get you in and out with a degree in a hurry and treats you as such.

Chris

Although I have not yet started courses at Capella, which are scheduled for this coming August, I do have previous college experiece and have grown to appreciate the true value of an education. Not only is exercise of the mind important to a happy and fulfilling life, but the challenge of getting a good education will help open many doors that would otherwise not be available to most. Continuing my education helps me keep a positive attitude and sense of fulfillment knowing that when I am done I will have my degree and access to a serious and relevent career.

I would have to say that the fact that stands out the most about Capella is that the professors are all active in the various subjects and professions they teach.

So far getting access to the Financial Aid application has been a bit of a headache. Other than that I've not had any real issues.

Weslie

Outstanding, they are extremely helpful every step of the way.

Outstanding, they are extremely helpful every step of the way.

It is extremely valuable for me to pursue my education in order to continue my growth throughout my current career path. I have learned that it's never too late to attend and anyone at any age can take on the challenge. I continued to put off going back to school, but can certainly see it's advantages regardless of when it happens.

Anyone, especially those that like online learning. You can attend this school from any location.

Jodie

I would have told myself to go right out of high school. It would have been easier to adjust to college at that time. While I am happy I decided to continue my education, I really wish I would have went right out of high school, mainly because it would have been easier for me to stay in the swing of studying and I wouldn't have had anything else to worry about but school.

I am glad I decided to go to Capella, there is nothing I would change.

Nothing, everyone is great to work with.

Brandy

In high school, teachers and counselors told me how important it was that I find a college or university to attend and also a career path to follow. Back then, I did not understand the magnitude of what they were telling me. I thought that it would not affect me adversely if I skipped this step in life. After living life in the real world for a while, I have learned that I was wrong. Had I known then what I know now, I would have told myself to focus on getting my Associate's degree in general studies during that first two years since I did not know which career path to take yet. And while I was working on that, I would have told myself to get involved in other activities, clubs, groups, etc. to expand my areas of interest and awareness of what is out there. I may have discovered sooner that I want to be a teacher had I positioned myself in an atmosphere to find that out. I also would have tried desperately to convince myself that completing a college degree really and truly is a crucial step in a persons' maturity and personal growth.

Vannetta

Capella University is a melting pot of minds and spirits from near and far with one goal in mind and that is to improve their lives through higher education.

If I were able to go back into time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay in school no matter what. I would also explain that there is plenty of time to live the rest of my life. The time invested in college now will determine the course of my life and the decisions I make as a high school senior will follow me and affect my life and my family?s life. I can sacrifice now in high school or later it is my choice, and hopefully I will make the best one possible.

The best thing about my school Capella University is the orientation class they offer new students. All students have the opportunity to participate and it helps to prepare them for beginning school online. As a new online student, it helped to prepare me for my first class so I knew exactly what to expect.

Joe

Capella has a good Information Technology degre program that can be obtained via online learning; the teachers are helpful and encouraging, and the online classroom is easy to use.

I would tell myself to stick it out and work hard at obtaining that degree without delay, because it really is vital to your future. I would also tell myself to take advantage of student working opportunities to get into the field that I am studying for.

Someone who doesn't have hte discapline to study and work toward thier degree by themselves should not attend this university.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.