Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

Sanda

If you're someone who lacks the discipline and commitment to learning (via online or college campus), you may not want to attend school at this time. If there are too many distractions in your life such as small children and no childcare plan; spouse and no support; providing around the clock care for a family member or long hours on the job with no time for relaxation and study, then this may not be the right time to attend school.

Capella is an awesome school and I don't have any "worst" things to submit. There was a "not so favorable" experience that took place but it was personal. I just felt there could/should have been more compassion for me during that time as I had been a student for over 3 years and very close to completing my bachelors program. In the end, it worked out and I received my bachelors degree a year later.

Debby
Doctorate Student

Professors do not reach out to students. Students are entirely on their own at this level.

Doctorate Student

Edie

During my first classes at Capella, I have had a great positive experience.

During my first classes at Capella, I have had a great positive experience.

Students are all working. Not all students are working while they are in school.

Lydia

Capella is a for profit university helping students- speecifically non traditional students achieve desired degrees

I would remind myself to stay focused and finsih school (Undergraduate) in my 20's. It has been a difficult road finishing my Bachelor's degree in my 30's and now almost finished with my masters in my early 40's. You are only young once, so have fun but remember what is important- work hard now to reap the benefts later.

Janet

Never ever give up on yourself. Keep that dream and not matter how many times you can't see your dream, it is always there.. never ever give up hope that eventually one day .. you will have what is yours. The work is hard and long and many tears will be spilled, but eventually your goals will be met and that is an amazing feeling!! Be strong!

That there would be many hills and valleys. Plenty of blood, sweat and tears. I would question myself and thoughts that I thought were set in stone turned out to crumble and I have learned new thoughts that are now build on success, higher self esteem by being praised from instructors.

Mary

There are none for an online school

There are none for an online school

That most students are working toward a degree and most are adults over 30. This is not an accurate stereotype. These people are multidimensional.

Since this is an online school the only things we have are discussion boards.

Working people trying to get a degree. Mostly adult

I am a little unsure of how to answer this question.

I am a little unsure of how to answer this question.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not waste the time available. I would recommend to start aplying to colleges and use my time wisely. Currently I am a single mom of a toddler and it is rough returning to college while trying to take care of my family. I would advise myself to go to college right after highschool, and not wait until my late twenties. I would also advise myself to remember those who I am close to. Sometimes as teenagers, we push those people away, but as an adult we realize time is short. I would make sure to remind myself to always stay positive, because even if life gets hard, you will always make it through. It is best to stay strong, no matter what you're going through, because one day you will have amazing little kids looking up to you to show them how they can be successful too. Most of all, I would stress to myself to stay in school and never give up.

Honestly, I would recommend this school to anyone. They are extrememly helpful in assisting you to enroll as well as creating an academic plan. If you have any issues with the courses or courseload you are taking, they will help figure out the best plan for you and your life.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.