Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

Tracy

Our classmates vary by geography, age, and experience; and since the distraction of appearance is non-existant, so we are able to function in a class removed of visual presumptions, allowing us to relate and interact based strictly from our thoughts, beliefs, learned experiences, and intellectual identities.

Staring at the reality of high school ending and the real world of responsibility and defining who you will become can be overwhelming. Parents expect you to flip a switch and be a mature adult and teachers expect you to know exactly where and what career you plan to spend the rest of your working adult life. All you hear is how important it is for you to go to college and get a good job. First you have spent all your life confined to parents and teachers rules, now you facing college. Look at college as a way to grow your strengths and passions. Most students run to the freedom of college and struggle since parents and teachers are not micromanaging their time and work. They are taking classes they are expected to take. Start college with a balance. Find a part-time job you love. Realize that college does not need to be completed in four years, but needs to be completed passionately. Use your first year of college to take basics, but use the first year of college to explore opportunities for careers that you see yourself loving. Passion creates the desire to be a scholar.

I am a 43 year old adult student who works full time, has a full time family, and no time to drive to a brick and mortar school. Capella allows petitioning out of classes in which my experience counts as valid knowledge. Capella's online program gives students the unique opportunity to self-study and utilize instructors key input to complete assignments. Grades are based off narrative discussions and research papers, not just multiple choice tests. Programs are created to foster higher learning in a non-traditional lecture-free enviroment. Four words of learning: flexible, challenging, enlightening, and enpowering.

Angelina

My favorite campus tradition at Capella University is the university's policy of maintaining professional, supportive content though out the responses in the course room. It makes school work more positive and useful.

At Capella University students are encourage to keep an open mind and form opinions based on critical thinking. In my experience stereotypes are discouraged and students are supportive of each other. The academic environment is super.

At Capella University diversity is common among the student population which offers a wealthy of knowledge and the university maintains a policy of non-discrimination. All students should feel welcomed and supported. Because you are home for most of your classes, student get to be comfortable. When you attend a site training, appropriate attire will be expected. Students are from all backgrounds and each is welcomed and students are encouraged to continue to be professional and supportive. Political aware is a private matter and is not evidenced in classes.

Deirdre

Capella University privides quality education, skillfully blending up-to-the-minute technology and outstanding experts in a wide range of professions.

First: Since you know what you are going for psychology, research the psychology departments of at least your top 10 colleges and universities. Don’t be intimidated by whether they are public or private. Look at the psychology department for reputation, specialization and training opportunities. Look at the professors and the students and what they specialize in and what kind of careers they develop post-graduation. Second: Start applying for scholarships and grants in addition to any loans you may need. All of them. Any federal or other loans you may be awarded, take the minimum necessary. It will be far less stressful to work on the weekends than it will to see the hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt rack up. Also, start paying the interest while you are in school. Third: Be ready to fight for what you believe in. When you see online school and see that they some are accredited and reputable, follow your gut. Advocate for yourself and for your fellow online learners with real world naysayers. Show, don’t tell, what the benefits of individualized online blended models of education has to offer. Don’t let anyone stop you reaching your dreams.

I was more aware of the stigma associated with online based education and more aware of the misconceptions that many people still hold about this form of education.

Kelly

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school self I would say get into college as soon as possible. If you wait years upon years, until you have a family of your own it will be doable but it won't be easy. Also, don't take college lightly, your have to be determined and driven to succeed. You also need to get the upper hand on your time management skills. Thesse skills are a must whether your going to a traditional university or one that is online. Another thing is to take your courses seriously. You also need to make sure that your major is something that you actually want. The one thing you don't want to do is start something that you get quarter of the way through on and decide that you really don't want a degree in that field. Also your degree choice shouldn't be just about the potential income you could make it should be one that will truly make you happy. You shouldn't want just a career, you should want a calling.

The kind of student who shouldn't attend Capella is one who is not driven and determined to do their best.

Errett

Not to wate to go back to school and get your BA not just your AS or ASS.

Not to wate to go back to school and get your BA not just your AS or ASS.

The Prof because of their willness to help their students and the way that the work with the online student.

Capella is a online school with a lot of papers and if the person does not like doing papers then they should not go to Capella

Joy

I am a doctoral student at Capella University, studying Epidemiology-Public Health. I have a profound interest in health care, having 24 years experience in healthcare, my quest for more knowledge has only intensified as I learn more as a student. I always felt that my life has purpose, and it is this desire and drive why I would like to complete my degree to help make a difference in this world. I hope to do more research on health disparity and find a unified theory to help eradicate health disparity. I will be more enpowered to help a community.

As I go back in time as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself would be prepared, stay focus, achieve good grades that will enable me to get into a top college. Do not take parents, educators, families or friends for granted. Be appreciative, help someone along the journey, do not be a follower, but be a leader. Maintain your dignity, respect, have character, it is who you are and who you become. Education is the key to freedom, knowledge, enpowerment, independence, it is the tool that allows balance in ones life, integrity, honesty, humility, and the opportunity to share what we learn. Having all these skills will prepare me for formal education. I will have the opportunity to accilmate into a diverse group of students that are multi-cultural, of different views, religion, ethnic background and personallity. My transition would be smoother, and I would be ready for the challenges of college life. Then I can attain the highest goals, the sky is the limit.

The person that should attend Capella University is one who is consciencious, focus, and can adapt to University standards. Capella University is a highly accredited school, that promotes diversity, respect, and offers a wealth of programs, support, development, advisers who help students get assimilated to University life. The attention and realm of assistance is worth being a student at Capella University. Capella is the place to be.

Sheri

Choose your college wsiely. Make sure it is accredited and check all your options first. Access your cost before applying to a college. Compare several colleges at one time and chose the one that will meet your financial needs the most and or has the best scholarships that would pertain to your degree.

The courses need to be explained in further detail. They exepect you to already know the subject you are taking. Instead of giving lectures they leave it up to the student to figure out how to do the projects. this makes it especially difficult because I am taking online courses.

Someone who is self motivated

lynn

Get started in College early, save money, pay attention, and do not waste time and wait until you are 55 like me, but remember though if you did do those things, no regrets, move forward and it is just a number...Better late than never! Good Luck Self.

someone not organized, structured, or interested in learning alot and reading alot.

thenew iguide HAS CAUSED MY GRADEs from 4.0 for the last year there to a 3.0 or so, because of the waste of time trying to figure things out and find posts or figure out if my material went though correctly, I waste so much extra time and it causes much stress, frustration and at times late Work! Lynn Athans (lathans@capellauniversity.edu)

Savilla

To take school more seriously, that school is very important. As class sizes are the same as my high school, I would tell myself to enteract more in group assignments and to speak up about my ideas. To ask questions when I'm lost and need help. To reach out to professors and other students. I would tell myself that college is more important then I thought and to excede the way I want to I have to really give it my all and not allow anything to distract me. I can excede at the goals I set for myself and Im smarter then I ever thought I was in high school. I learned that If I really apply myself I can achieve so many goals.

The way professor's help with assignments and discussions!

bruce

My class mates are generous and kind. They are thought provoking and challegeging. They incourage critical thinking and review my work. They bring up ideas I would not have otherwise thought of and they thank me for my ideas and comments. My class mates provide leadership and team worksmanship.

Be broad in your approach and get involved deeply as possible. Meet a lot of people.

The home page website does not arrow backwards and their are several pop up as I sign on which are annoying.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.