Minneapolis, MN
Capella University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capella University

lynn

Get started in College early, save money, pay attention, and do not waste time and wait until you are 55 like me, but remember though if you did do those things, no regrets, move forward and it is just a number...Better late than never! Good Luck Self.

someone not organized, structured, or interested in learning alot and reading alot.

thenew iguide HAS CAUSED MY GRADEs from 4.0 for the last year there to a 3.0 or so, because of the waste of time trying to figure things out and find posts or figure out if my material went though correctly, I waste so much extra time and it causes much stress, frustration and at times late Work! Lynn Athans (lathans@capellauniversity.edu)

Savilla

To take school more seriously, that school is very important. As class sizes are the same as my high school, I would tell myself to enteract more in group assignments and to speak up about my ideas. To ask questions when I'm lost and need help. To reach out to professors and other students. I would tell myself that college is more important then I thought and to excede the way I want to I have to really give it my all and not allow anything to distract me. I can excede at the goals I set for myself and Im smarter then I ever thought I was in high school. I learned that If I really apply myself I can achieve so many goals.

The way professor's help with assignments and discussions!

bruce

My class mates are generous and kind. They are thought provoking and challegeging. They incourage critical thinking and review my work. They bring up ideas I would not have otherwise thought of and they thank me for my ideas and comments. My class mates provide leadership and team worksmanship.

Be broad in your approach and get involved deeply as possible. Meet a lot of people.

The home page website does not arrow backwards and their are several pop up as I sign on which are annoying.

Lakiesha

The professors work well with students in order to help acheive the best grade.

The professors work well with students in order to help acheive the best grade.

Never worry about having fun and fitting in with people that do not accept you for you. Study and find your passion which will lead to a more fulfilling life. Although it may seem hard right now don't give it.

The professors that do not understand that life can get busy.

Raymond

What advice would I give my high school senior self about college life and making the transition? Well, my high school self was pretty disillusioned where public school teachers were concerned. The single, most important thing I could tell him, then, would be that the instructors actually do care about what they're doing and are interested in you "getting it". He would get encouragement where he was accustomed to indifference, at best. Then, he would laugh and tell me pretty colorfully that I am full of it. After that -- and, this is assuming he doesn't think I'm some complete nut -- we'd probably get into a heavy discussion about my actions in the past. If he listens to my advice and decides to go back to school sooner, does my future self cease to exist? Or have I now created an alternate reality? Do I go back to an unchanged future-present, while past me may now have a brighter future? I'm currently working towards a degree in graphic design. Perhaps I should have considered philosophy... ?

Regina

Don't be afraid to take that step to go to college, even if you feel you're not smart enough for college. It's never too late to attend, but you don't want to wait until you're in your older years. Do it now-apply for college! If you don't know where to start, talk to your counselors, talk to your teachers, ask questions, find someone to help you. Do it now-apply for college! Don't wait until the last minute to get it done, you don't want to get frustrated and lead yourself to giving up, and then never get through with it. Do it now-apply for college! A lot of good paying employment opportunites require college education certificates and/or degrees. Do it now-apply for college! Show your future kids that going to college helped you to get to where you are and where they could be. DO IT NOW-APPLY FOR COLLEGE! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!! BUT YOU HAVE TO - DO IT NOW!!!

My school is best known for helping adults return to school to continue their education.

If I had known then what I know about college now I would make sure I apply for scholarships very diligently. I would also make sure I got over my procrastination habit and stopped slacking off. I never knew how much college costed and I didn't realize money didn't grow on trees apparently. Here I am, running around applying for scholarships and stressing financially because I was "too busy" in high school. I would insist on being more prepared and organized and I would be a better planner so that I was all set for college. I've learned now college is harder than I thought and by slacking off my senior year, I did nothing to help myself prepare. I would skip that trip to the mall every once in awhile to spend some time at home taking care of what's important to my future. Believe it or not I'm finding, those shoes I needed so much aren't here today, and I am still one step behind in college.

An adult looking to continue their education, who may be interested in online courses.

Temetriss

The advice I would give myself is to stay focused, pay attention, and listen to your parents and educators advice because they often times know a lot more than we would give them credit for. Set your goals and no matter what, never let anyone detour your route to success. Your education is a blueprint to your future success, don' take it for granted. It's also always good to push yourself the extra mile to be an over achiever because in the long run it pays off to achieve than to lose. As long as you work hard, stay focused, and follow through you will succeed. Never, ever give up because in the end it will be all worth it.

There is not that I don't like about my school. However to some, it could be the online environment.

My grades, my accomplishments. How organized, and helpful my school is. The staff who are always will and ready to help assist you, the learner support, the program degree choices that offered, and the school's accreditation.

Laura

Capella is an welcoming and sincere school which promotes learning and achievement all while challenging the individual to achieve their personal bests.

In my senior year of high school I talked myself out of college because I was moving to a new state and wanted to find myself. Knowing what I know now I would have forced myself to obtain my Associates degree at the minimum in order to better decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Some specific advice I would have bestow on myself would be to not underestimate self-worth and that finding ones' self is more than assuming the perceptions of others. I would have encouraged myself to make more friends, engage in less practicle matters and not take myself so seriously!

The kind of person that should attend Capella University are those who are driven to achieve their academic goals and pursue their dream career while having to manage a hectic lifestyle.

Marissa

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't something. Your family, friends and parents don't decide how your life is going to turn out, you do. You decide what kind of student you are, what kind of person you're going to be, and eventually what kind of nurse you will be. Don't ever let them break your determination or your spirit. You've come this far in school, and you're going to make it all the way through college too. Become the successful person that you want to be because it's what you want, not because you have something to prove. You're going to make it all the way to college graduation and it's going to be so worth it! Keep your head up and keep fighting for that degree.

Capella University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.