Minneapolis, MN

Capella University

« See more reviews of Capella University

The main thing I would stress to myself is to set goals as to what my major would be and take AP courses in high school to assist me in this major; work harder at maintaining my grades to be on the honor roll . The next step would then be to decide on a two year college first or to go directly into a four year university; investigate to see which is most beneficial. I would allow a set time to complete my degree. My goals would be written down where I can see them daily in order to assist me of what steps to take next and to keep me focused. I would keep telling myself to stay focused and not procrastinate.

If I knew what I should have known in high school, I believe that I would have taken more courses in foreign languages. I enjoyed learning from other cultures and would have appreciated more if I knew how to speak some of those different languages. I also would have been more athletic during my senior years because it shows the college how academic I were in high school and what I could offer to their school. Lastly, I participate more socially in different clubs then I wouldn't be as afraid to open up to different ideas and viewpoints of others in different ethnic groups and cultural backgrounds.

In my senior year of high school I talked myself out of college because I was moving to a new state and wanted to find myself. Knowing what I know now I would have forced myself to obtain my Associates degree at the minimum in order to better decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Some specific advice I would have bestow on myself would be to not underestimate self-worth and that finding ones' self is more than assuming the perceptions of others. I would have encouraged myself to make more friends, engage in less practicle matters and not take myself so seriously!

Although I have not yet started courses at Capella, which are scheduled for this coming August, I do have previous college experiece and have grown to appreciate the true value of an education. Not only is exercise of the mind important to a happy and fulfilling life, but the challenge of getting a good education will help open many doors that would otherwise not be available to most. Continuing my education helps me keep a positive attitude and sense of fulfillment knowing that when I am done I will have my degree and access to a serious and relevent career.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would advice myself in taking my future more seriously and to use my academic talents a lot better. I would be more sociable and be more active in clubs, sports and organizations both at school and in my community. I would sign up for classes that would transfer or be able to be applied as college credits. Overall, the best advice I would give myself is know where I want to be in the future then go get it. Do not be afraid and let obstacles get in the way of what it is you want the most.

Out of everything that I have gotten out of my college experience, I value the opportunity I got to learn and improve myself to become a decent human being in the society. Education has given me the descipline I needed, and the will to go forward and achieve my dreams. I value the logical thinking skills I gained thanks my college education and the interaction with my college students. Even though it was a hectic environment, the guidance from the faculty and the encouragement from my fellow students definitely enriched my college experience.

My college experience has earned me a Sales Analyst position at a corporate business in the Minneapolis area. It allowed me to switch my career path from being a social worker to the more professional based society. I will be able to grow and learn from my employer and college in order to open my own business within the medical/healthcare field. While working full time, I will be able to attend Capella full time online. If I had to attend classes in the classroom, I wouldn't be able to reach my short term and long term goals sooner.

The advised that I would give myself in knowing what I know now, would be take all the opportunities that you can in life because nothing is free. Set a goal, and work as hard as you can to achieve your goal. Learn all you can why your senior so the transition you make from graduating from high school and college is very easy. what should have a taste of the real college life, there is no going back. Learn to take one step at a time outline your goals until you accomplish what you want accomplish.

If I were able to go back into time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay in school no matter what. I would also explain that there is plenty of time to live the rest of my life. The time invested in college now will determine the course of my life and the decisions I make as a high school senior will follow me and affect my life and my family?s life. I can sacrifice now in high school or later it is my choice, and hopefully I will make the best one possible.

Out of my college experience I have learned that grades don't come easy anymore . In high school I didn't have to work hard for my good grades but entering college has hit me with a textbook. I have learned that you have to put hard work in order to get what you want. This has proved valuable because it is a life lesson for me . I need to put all the effort into something I truly want and not expect it to be handed to me. In all, college has taught me to really strive for my dreams.