Minneapolis, MN

Capella University

« See more reviews of Capella University

I would have told myself to go right out of high school. It would have been easier to adjust to college at that time. While I am happy I decided to continue my education, I really wish I would have went right out of high school, mainly because it would have been easier for me to stay in the swing of studying and I wouldn't have had anything else to worry about but school.

The biggest advice I would give myself is pick a major and stick with it! I have changed majors so many times - I have over 300 credits and no degree! Because of this I have run out of financial aid about 3 terms before final graduation. If I could change anything is get any bachelor's you can - and then - play around in graduate school and do whatever you want.

That sometimes taking a break but returning whenthe time is right makes the experience worth it. Feeling no pressure makes the experience easier to deal with and able to produce good grades allows me to stay positive. I like the idea of furthering my education but the costs limit what the future will bring. Thank you for your consideration, Michael Rank

Never ever give up on yourself. Keep that dream and not matter how many times you can't see your dream, it is always there.. never ever give up hope that eventually one day .. you will have what is yours. The work is hard and long and many tears will be spilled, but eventually your goals will be met and that is an amazing feeling!! Be strong!

It is extremely valuable for me to pursue my education in order to continue my growth throughout my current career path. I have learned that it's never too late to attend and anyone at any age can take on the challenge. I continued to put off going back to school, but can certainly see it's advantages regardless of when it happens.

I would remind myself to stay focused and finsih school (Undergraduate) in my 20's. It has been a difficult road finishing my Bachelor's degree in my 30's and now almost finished with my masters in my early 40's. You are only young once, so have fun but remember what is important- work hard now to reap the benefts later.

To be prepared to take a challenge with going to college. Be ready and never give up even when things get hard. Make a plan on the classes you will need to take in order to get your degree. Dont do it alone get help from some that knows what their doing. Most important thing is to never think that its going to be easy.

Choose your college wsiely. Make sure it is accredited and check all your options first. Access your cost before applying to a college. Compare several colleges at one time and chose the one that will meet your financial needs the most and or has the best scholarships that would pertain to your degree.

Do the best you can,whenever you can. Always stay focused and have a positive attitude and a smile on your face. Stay true to yourself, your goals, and trust God no matter what. Stay faithful and resilient. Stay committed and avoid bad influences and all negativity. God speed.

I have learned how to properly and efficiently research information. I have also learned how to value others' opinions and learn from them. Being successful and knowing I can do it is another valuable thing I have taken from my college experience and will hold onto forever.