Capella University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Capella University

deshandrea

Very convenient for returning moms. I love the online classes and I love the schedule. You work at your own pace. The instructors are always available. There are so many sources to help you if you don’t understand your course. The tuition is very reasonable. I love the scholarships they have available. Their technical support is great also. They work 24/7. Which is great depending on the times you log in to class and may need help. I love the school..

Timothy

I worked ahead during my ADN program to have all GE courses out of the way for when I would start with Capella. I transferred the max amount of credits and had only the core nursing courses of the BSN course to complete. I enrolled as a FlexPath learner and finished my BSN in only 4 months (no, that's not a typo; I wasn't working at the time). I am currently working on my MSN with the same satisfaction and success. I have recommended Capella to many of my previous classmates and coworkers and a number have also started/completed it very happily. I had researched extensively, and I mean EXTENSIVELY, BSN programs. Here is what took me to Capella. 1. They accept ACE transfer credits e.g. from Straighterline, Sophia, and Saylor Academy. This saved me many thousands of dollars. 2. I received a promo code from Capella to complete transferable prerequisite courses on Sophia for $99 each. I could do these classes in a week or less each. 3. Capella does not require specific GE/prerequisite courses. Rather, whatever classes you have already taken fit into "categories" of prerequisites. This pretty much means anything you've ever taken before will fit in somewhere. 4. The FlexPath option allows you to complete classes as fast as you are able. You are billed every 3 months. The sooner you finish, the less you pay. 5. If you want to continue on to do an MSN elsewhere that is not competency based, they do not always know how to make sense of the grading system that Capella's FlexPath uses that doesn't give you a GPA but only offers a "Distinguished" "Proficient" "Basic" or "Non-performance" score. Capella does offer however an unofficial translated transcript to accompany your official transcript that shows that "Distinguished" is an "A", "Proficient" is a "B", and "Basic" is a C. This has satisfied the NP school that I am applying to. (They are even accepting Master's level transfer credits from Capella by the way). I had also looked into doing my BSN with Western Governors University who offers similar competency based coursework, but they do NOT offer a translated transcript and that scared me when I thought of applying to an NP program. I highly recommend Capella especially to anyone who is anxious to do their BSN from an accredited school as quickly as possible. Yes, it's a serious exercise in self-study - after all, it's a competency based course which means it's on you, not an instructor.

Chericka

So far great. Just need instructor who care a little more.

KATIE

Capella University is an outstanding university, and is extremely diverse. Their mission of extending high-quality degrees from bachelor's, master's, specialist, doctoral, and certificate programs are for the non-traditional adult seeking to capitalize both their professional and personal potential. Capella believes that education can transform one's life both permanently and immediately.

Nkosana

its great school. It focuses not only to young students but also work with working Adult and they have programs that save one money on tuition. I love their flex path program. It will help achieve my goals earlier and it allows me pick when I'm goin to graduate. The focult team is always nice and friendly.

LaTina

I enjoy the online experience. I like the fact that there's flexibility. The teacher are very knowledgeable and make themselves available often. In addition, it's a great experience. I enjoy learning and getting to know others from different parts of the world.

Kimberly

Capella University is an online school therefore a lot of the questions asked prior do not apply and therefore shouldn't count against them! I am a new PhD student at Capella and it is my first time taking online courses. I've heard a lot of horror stories about other online school but so far so good. The professors have been challenging and the academic advisors have been useful as well.

Sophia

The college is amazing, they assist with every step to make your academics successful. The school helps with a myriad of services to make your achieve your degree with an advisor, mentors, and peers ambassadors. The advisor explain the process of financial aid and classes for your degree.

Angela

Capella University has excellent academic programs. Their professors are always available for assisting students. There are also advisors who are very helpful in creating your academic plan. They are very happy to help you work towards your goals and around your schedule.

atigbi

Capella University is a great private institution. I am currently enrolled in the online program. I am participating in a cybersecurity program. The academics are definitely great. I have learned a great deal in this program. The format over a 10 week period you have to get use to and be able to research the information needed for the topic of the week. The issue that I have is that students are not encouraged to work together as a team to address issues in the course. Yes we have discussions on weekly topics that are very static and not very dynamic. In taking the course one could find themselves lost if very little exposure to the topic and I find that disturbing. This is a graduate course so the mantra is that you have to have research skills at this level and should be able to address topics at hand. I definitely disagree with that concept and feel that more structured learning should be developed and incorporate master level skills to the curriculum. On line learning should not be just writing papers but more skill based especially in this field. Repetitive tasks build skill levels and that should be a part of the course. Doing a lab one time is not learning a skill. Following instruction on how to set up a router does little to make you competent. This is something online colleges have to tackle at a higher level. How do we give our students the skills they need in this program? How many times does it take to develop a skill? Maybe the optioning of 20 servers will develop a skill as opposed to following a script one time. That is what needs to be improved on going forward in these online master level courses.

Bobby

It is an online school. Courses are quarterly due it being a year-round school. No place is perfect but it is better than I expected when I first enrolled. Many of my teachers are continuing their education here also. They understand what it is like to go back to school and are easy to get along with. If I decide to go to Graduate school in the future I will probably return here to Capella.

Even though the admission counselor I was assigned did very little when it came to assisting me, I really love how Capella has many ways for new students to assist each other and get assistance.

Matthew

The institution has many employees that are willing to help whenever students need it; however, their communication amongst colleagues should be tweaked to keep students informed on sudden changes occurring quickly.

Araceli

The university offers an excellent program in the degree I am completing. The content is relevant and rigorous. The professors are knowledgeable, caring, and always available. The university offers 24/7 support, the online library offers a wealth of knowledge from researchers all around the world. My experiences during this course have facilitated my personal and professional growth. I would highly recommend this university to everyone and am glad I found the program.

jose

My Capella coursework has made me wiser, and it has taught me to stand up for myself. I feel more confident than I did 10 years ago. It has helped me mentally and emotionally since we work in a stressful environment taking irate calls all day long. Capella has taught me how to speak honestly and with consideration and respect for others. We have to assume responsibility and decipher ambiguity for a reasonable period of time before we can expect to make a decision while maintaining confidentiality.

Kyla

Great.

Wanda

I love this university!

KayLa

I went to Capella University online for my MPH. It was an amazing experience and I will be getting my post-grad certificate and my doctorate through this university, as well. The emphasis on understanding topics and showing that knowledge through writing is so important, and it gives every student the true freedom to grow and research what they are most passionate about. I would recommend this school to anyone!!

D

I enjoy the learning experience that is afforded to me through Capella University. The flexibility allows me to maintain work and still expand my education. The admissions team is very attentive when you are first registering for school which is a big plus.

Jon

Capella University is unlike the previous two universities I've attended. For starters, all classes are online, and I have yet to find a class that doesn't require some level of engagement. If you're wanting an online degree that is easy, go somewhere else. If you want a degree that challenges you and gives you the education you are paying for, Capella is for you. Compared to previous universities I have attended, the program at Capella seems more focused on practical knowledge that can be used in the real world. I find every class to be intellectually enriching. Each week a student will typically be assigned to read a few chapters from various books and articles, complete discussions with other classmates, watch educational videos, and complete an assignment. Professors seem to care about the students and often offer assistance or pointers and even engage themselves in the weekly discussion posts. The only downside is the time required for each class, which makes it difficult to have a life outside of school. Despite the rigorous course-load, Capella offers plenty of help and guidance to those that seek it.

Debby

Professors do not reach out to students. Students are entirely on their own at this level.

sarah

wonderful school to attend. everyone is very helpful and attentive to your needs and success. they will help with all your questions and tutoring etc.

Andrea

s others mentioned, Capella is regionally accredited which means it is a “real” university, offering legitimate degrees. To be fair, as a private, for-profit, it is not cheap - and loans are the primary means of paying for it. But it is just as credible as any other accredited program

Great school! Capella University is an online school that has undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees. Being able to work utilise the online programs allow students from all over to study at their leisure while balancing lives outside of academia.

Jorge

I have had a great time studying at Capella. They have let me keep a great work to school schedule and the counselors are very helpful. Teachers are engaging and always willing to help if you ask. I have met many other professionals throughout our course discussions that have helped in networking.

Ayauna

Capella University was great; it tested all domains of my life from patience to endurance. After I graduated i felt such accomplishment. I walked the stage March 18, 2017 and have never felt so alive. My five year old daughter at the time got to see her mother walk and receive her third greatest accomplishment besides her. So Thank you Capella Univeristy.

Kelly

I absolutely love Capella University. This online school has show me more attention and helped me with more planning than either of the two previous colleges I attended. They are truly dedicated to not only making sure we get a quality education but also that they are meeting standards for licensure.

Capri

Capella is a respected online university. The university continues to grow and shift to the demands of current students, alumni and prospective students. The online atmosphere at Capella is interactive with experienced instructors. Recommended for a solid education for those who can’t commit to a classroom setting.

Deanna

Let me first note that as an online school, most of the factors which can be rated don't really apply to Capella. That said, for it's type, Capella is one of the best schools to attend. The application process is quite easy, enrollment counselors are great about following up with applicants throughout the admissions process and advisors continue the communication once you're enrolled in class. Professors are knowledgeable and available when additional contact is needed outside the classroom. I have recommended Capella to friends and family and will continue to do so.

Christopher

Overall, I have had a great experience with Capella University. The instructors are always a call away and invested in my academic success. They are very welcome to military members such as myself and have great benefits along with it. I have actually just referred my wife to this school and her first day is on Monday! It has been a pleasure to be a student at Capella so far.

Rachael

This is an all online Campus that has a lot to offer its students! There are many resources available (tutoring, webinars, student discussion and social media, and access to a virtual library) for Capella students and the virtual orientation and tour of the online campus was great! Even though this is a fully online University, Capella offers a multitude of ways for students to get involved in their communities and with charities, interact and network, and to expand the classroom beyond the traditional University walls.

Roxie

Capella has been an excellent school. There are many resources available for the student as well as instructors are readily available. I am currently enrolled in the DNP program which is an online program. I have no concerns at this time and am happy with the service.

Samuel

I have been very happy with Capella University. I started the program to work through the online venue and just about finished completing my Dual Focus MBA in Project Management and Information Technology Management. I have also applied for and have been conditionally accepted for the DBA program pending successful completion of my final course. Easy process to use, friendly staff, and for me all online since I also manage 4 stores and what not.

Sierra

I personally love Capella University. I am an all online learner for a Master degree. I love it so much I have told many others about the options and availability of resources that are available. My husband is currently looking for an online school to get a second bachelor degree and I keep telling him Capella is the way to go they are awesome! I couldn't be more thankful for my enrollment consoler and academic coach they have answer many of my questions.

Donna

As a new applicant to Cappella, I find the interactions I have had with my enrollment counselor to be very positive. She has explained everything in detail and has helped me every step of the way. I feel the DNP program at Cappella will prepare me to be an outstanding 21st century Nursing Leader.

Suzanne

They are the best

Capella is a great school for people unsure of what they want to do when they grow up, or starting out late. Capella offers lots of different kinds of supports to navigate through college from financial aid and academics. I once had a question in the middle of a holiday, I still had an answer back same day.

Rebecca

Capella University is an online for profit organization. I find this institution appealing for the classroom format, the flexibility, and a academic focus. I received my masters through Capella and was completely satisfied with the program. As a full time employee, and mother of 2, Capella is the right choice for me.

Mara

Capella University is an online only school. It is an excellent choice for students who allready have families or jobs. The classes are informative and challenging but not overwhelming. Individual professors have a lot of discretion in accepting late assignments and in thier grading.

Thalia

I have been attending since 2014 and have found the experience to be okay. The work load is heavy but this is my second Master's degree so I know how to manage my time. The professor are supportive and available. The same applies to my advisor. I would suggest it to other students with a warning about the need to commit a substantial amount of time to study, due to the amount of work required.

Brittney

Capella is a great school to attend. The professors are available to help when you need them and everyone seem to be friendly. The administration staff are also friendly and around to help when needed. They have different groups available for you to join as well that may fit into your interest.

Deborah

Capella University is an awesome learning institution, and the environment is geared towards meeting the needs of learners globally. Facilitators are easily accessible, and willing to provide support. Academic advising is another resource that is always readily available.

marianna

Capella has taught me self discipline, patience, and tenacity. The instructors provide you honest and constructive feedback that allows you to work on important skills. Tutors help with everything from APA format to advice on how to master a competency. Their classes teach real world material that will actually be used in my career. I highly recommend Capella university!

Heather

It is the perfect learning environment for the busy working adult. I have the freedom to choose when I do my homework. The instructors are more available in the online course room than in the traditional class room. The feed back I receive has helped to become a better student as I work on my doctoral degree. I would definitely recommend Capella.

Lynette

I had a great experience while I was attending Capella University. I will be joining them in September 2017 for graduate school.

Yvette

Capella University has been a godsend! As a full time employed adult, this has increased my access to education with flexible classes and multiple academic offerings. The recruitment process was no-pressure, the cost is comparable to my in state offerings, and the classes are easy to follow while providing a challenge.

Sabrina

I think it is preparing me for a career in criminal justice, but the university is very expensive. This is most likely due to it being a for-profit institution. I am an online learner, so I am not familiar with on-campus housing options. However, the professors are very knowledgeable and always available to assist.

Capella is a great school for online study its flexible and easy to engage me. I am an Sport Psychology major and found the discussions interesting and gives me a chance to actually learn something I want to use for my future. Peers are respectful and staff answers questions quickly.

jenna

Capella is a fantastic ONLINE exclusive school. Staff and students work hand in hand to make sure a common goal is met, success. Capella University is convenient and has two types of classes, Guided and Flex Path. Flex Path is built for students who can work independently whereas Guided Path is for students who need a little assistance with dates and turning things in on time.

Jonell

As a full time employee, mother of four and spouse of a MBA student, the online setting from Capella works wonderfully for me. I am active in discussion groups and enjoy engaging in ongoing conversations even when class is not "in session" or assignments are due.