Hartford, CT
Capital Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Capital Community College

I love my school always have the teachers really care about your well being and your academic success. They are willing to help and if they can't they will lead you to the person who can. The always keep you up to date with what's going regarding school closers or if there was anything outside of school that might affect your safety. They make sure to email and call more than once just to make sure your informed.

Douglas

If you are looking for a local school that focuses on academics and personal growth this is the school for you! Every teacher is committed to helping the students learn and grow, and are willing to work with you to reach your goals. Teachers are always available for office hours and even sometimes on the weekends.

Melissa

Capital Community College is a small school with a unique experience. It is in a skyscraper in the middle of downtown Hartford, surrounded by restaurants assuming you're brave enough to walk around Hartford. The class sizes tend to be pretty small, less than 20 people. However, I have had several bad experiences with professors and because the school is so small you do not have many options for professors which makes it difficult.

Qwanasha

Capital is a very hands on college I was going to enroll this spring and they helped me a lot to prepare and show me around for help with classes, I'll be attend school in the fall. This is a campus that successful, care for their students and I can't wait to become a student.

Allyiah

I love most of my professors they can be very understanding and helpful but others are the complete opposite. Some professors can be extremely unprofessional and disorganized. I felt like I was in high school some times just from the way some of the professors treat you.

Jillian

The professors are really passionate about what they teach.

The professors are really passionate about what they teach.

I think about this question a lot, actually. I have said many times that when I have children of my own, the one thing I demand of them is to get straight-As; they can always fall back on it. This plan is definitely is a means to steer my future children down an alternate path than I myself embarked on in high school. Not working to my potential, posessing an "uncanny ability to maintain an 80 average" as my Latin teacher once responded in an email to my mother about my performance in class. I went through my high school and recent college years without any sense of direction other than social expectations that propelled me with a numbed inertia. Today, nine years since I entered high school, I finally found a route I want to take- to be a doctor- and I know it would be much easier if I had gotten the high GPA back then rather than scrambling now. That said, I don't know if the first thing I would tell my younger self just to get good grades for the sake of a transcript. Instead, I'd tell young me, "make your own path."

samantha

I would tell myself that don't slack in your classes because they can become very useful to you in the furture when you go to college and when you go to college don't miss any classes because you will endup falling behind in your classes. I would not fall into the high school drama and pay attention in class also i would work harder to pass every class with A's.

The worst thing about my school is because most of the teacher's at my school are not really intrested in if the student actually learn the material or not and they dont care if we don't how up to class as long as we turn in our work also take notes, were allowed to do whatever we want in class and i want a better education then what i'm getting at the school i;m currently attending

The most frustrating thing about my school is most the student act like they are still in high school and would rather talk, text, and not pay attention in class because they still think its ok to talk when the teacher is talking also walk out the classroom. I feel that if you go to college then you have to act like an adult and pay attention because if you don't your wasting a perfectly good eduation.

Antonia

The school is best known for being easy to access and for giving may students a chance to achieve education at a lower price than a four year college. Many students, as myself, can not afford to take prerequite classes at a four year college., so we choose to go to a community college and get a great education there first.

If I could go back and change my high school senior year, I would change my learning techniques and put more effort into gaining more for myself. I slacked of in my last year in hig school, just thinking that college was just a continuation of going to school for another four years. When I got to college and saw what the work load was like and noticed that I could not just breeze by like I did in high school. i really buckled down and did my work to get the grades that I wanted. What I also notice about myself more now that I am in college, I really push hard to get the A grades in my classes. When I was in high school, I really did not care about what I got also long as it was a passing grade. I look foward to seeing my transcript say " Dean's List" on it. It makes me feel proud of my hard work.

I brag to my friends on how the school is so diverse with student. Plus, the school also gives a wide spread of chances for students to attend a class. You can go to class during the day, night, or even online classes.

Cary

Excellent Nursing program, with dedicated staff.

Excellent Nursing program, with dedicated staff.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that college is not as scary, or as hard as I thought it would be. I would explain the importance of continueing my education while I was young, and how furstrating it is to be getting a degree as an adult learner with additional responabilities. I would tell myself to remember to always believe in myself and my ability to achieve my goals.

Custormer service from student services on campus. You just need to be persistant when dealing with them.

Capital Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.